Auditioning for a band tonight. Wish me luck.

TU BE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It went {censored}ing GREAT! All the dudes were really cool and we jammed from 9 till about 1130 tonight. I think I was the first one they auditioned and I was told that I have set bar REALLY high for all the others. :p

I was really nervous at first, but once we ran through the first song, I settled down some. I told them that I also learned the song on their myspace and they were like "whoa!" so then we ran through that one. They showed me a few of their other songs and I really dig the stuff they are doing. I showed them some of the riffs and stuff I have been working on and they liked them as well.

Paul, the other guitarist played through a Krank Rev1 and Krankenstein cab. I thought the amp pretty good. Although I had him gassing for a Triple Recto pretty quickly. ;)

They still have other people to audition and I was told I will hear something in about a week. I told them to keep the names and numbers of the other guitarists and bass players that are good if they don't pick me so I can get them from them. I am gonna do something, if not this dammit!!!

All in all I had a great time. Lots of fun. I really miss playing in a band.

• Members

Yeah, dude. I think I got this one unless some total FREAKIN badass walks in to audition for them.

The drummer and I ran through a couple of Obituary tunes. I played Dying and he joined in. Then he says, "do you The End Complete" and without hesitation I jumped into the intro riff and we jammed it out. :thu:

• Members
It went {censored}ing GREAT! All the dudes were really cool and we jammed from 9 till about 1130 tonight. I think I was the first one they auditioned and I was told that I have set bar REALLY high for all the others.
:p

I was really nervous at first, but once we ran through the first song, I settled down some. I told them that I also learned the song on their myspace and they were like "whoa!" so then we ran through that one. They showed me a few of their other songs and I really dig the stuff they are doing. I showed them some of the riffs and stuff I have been working on and they liked them as well.

Paul, the other guitarist played through a Krank Rev1 and Krankenstein cab. I thought the amp pretty good. Although I had him gassing for a Triple Recto pretty quickly.
;)

They still have other people to audition and I was told I will hear something in about a week. I told them to keep the names and numbers of the other guitarists and bass players that are good if they don't pick me so I can get them from them. I am gonna do something, if not this dammit!!!

Great to hear, man. Just remember, if this doesn't work out something even better will. You have teh skillz, creativity, and tone, bro. :cool:

• Members
It went {censored}ing GREAT! All the dudes were really cool and we jammed from 9 till about 1130 tonight. I think I was the first one they auditioned and I was told that I have set bar REALLY high for all the others.
:p

Paul, the other guitarist played through a Krank Rev1 and Krankenstein cab. I thought the amp pretty good. Although I had him gassing for a Triple Recto pretty quickly.
;)

Killer man. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. :thu:

• Members
"You really set the bar high for all the others" who in the {censored} talks like that?

LOL, I'm just kidding congrats. We have live rehearsals starting monday,

it feels so good to be jamming teh tunez again!

Keep rocking, son!
:thu:

LOL!

Don't congratulate me yet though. :wave:

But unless Billy BADASS tries out too, I think I'll get it.

• Members
LOL!

Don't congratulate me yet though.
:wave:

But unless Billy BADASS tries out too, I think I'll get it.

I think the Billy BADASS was you! headbanger.gifheadbanger.gifheadbanger.gif

Great job! As long as you did your best, you can feel good about it. :thu:
I think you'll be getting a call soon enough. It sounds like you did your homework.

Archived