Auditioning for a band tonight. Wish me luck.

TU BE

• Members

Man, I've never had to audition for a band before, ever. Hell, back in the heyday, I played with the same bassist and drummer for 9 years. We were high school friends. I'm nervous as hell. Been practicing the song they gave me since Thursday and I have it down pretty well. I also took initiative and picked out the song they have on their myspace by ear just to show them I dig their stuff and am ready to do something besides play at home.

They are auditioning other guitarists besides me, but hopefully they all suck and/or have huge egos or something. :lol:

Tonight at 9pm. I feel like I'm going on a job interview. I'm gonna have to sell myself both talent and personality wise. :freak:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Man, I've never had to
audition
for a band before, ever. Hell, back in the heyday, I played with the same bassist and drummer for 9 years. We were high school friends. I'm nervous as hell. Been practicing the song they gave me since Thursday and I have it down pretty well. I also took initiative and picked out the song they have on their myspace by ear just to show them I dig their stuff and am ready to do something besides play at home.

They are auditioning other guitarists besides me, but hopefully they all suck and/or have huge egos or something.
:lol:

Tonight at 9pm. I feel like I'm going on a job interview. I'm gonna have to sell myself both talent and personality wise.
:freak:

Can they handle your riffage? :thu: Good luck man and kick some ass!!

• Members

dont worry man, the other guitarists definitely suck. i heard them all playin the other day and they dont hold a candle to you. haha. but in all seriousness, good luck with the audition man, Im sure youll rip their faces off. you got a link to the bands myspace? Auditioning is never really that bad. When my band was looking for a bassist one of the biggest things we looked for was 1. their playing ability and 2. their personality. After our last bassist we really just needed a guy that could play but also get along with the band. Just go in their relaxed and be cool. show the guys you love to play and that you take your music seriously, Im sure thats exactly what theyre looking for. Again man, good luck:thu:

• Members

Well, I'm not really a lead virtuoso or anything, but I can play lead. Neither of the two songs of theirs I have learned has a solo in it though. I think my strengths are metal rhythms and writing skills.

I dunno. I think I'm pretty easy to get along and work with in a band setting.

Yeah, I realize I am auditioning them too. I'm just gonna go in and do my thing and have fun.

• Members

dont worry man, the other guitarists definitely suck. i heard them all playin the other day and they dont hold a candle to you. haha. but in all seriousness, good luck with the audition man, Im sure youll rip their faces off. you got a link to the bands myspace? Auditioning is never really that bad. When my band was looking for a bassist one of the biggest things we looked for was 1. their playing ability and 2. their personality. After our last bassist we really just needed a guy that could play but also get along with the band. Just go in their relaxed and be cool. show the guys you love to play and that you take your music seriously, Im sure thats exactly what theyre looking for. Again man, good luck:thu:

Well, they're looking for someone who can learn fast as well. They were already an established band and lost their bassist and guitarist. They have opened for quite a few bigger act as well.

Here's their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/nonxistence

• Members

I think you would fit with them well man. Your riffage is siiiiick

I think so too but we'll see. I sent the singer about 5 clips of me doing drumjams and {censored} on here and he and the other guitarist really liked it. He was talking like I was already in the band LOL! But, then he emailed me and said they had a lot of responses to their ad so they were gonna audition everybody with a deadline of this Wed.

• Members
in the end it's probably gunna be a {censored} paying job with little fringe benefits so if it's like a job interview it's a crappy job that you only want if you're gunna have fun doing it.

I'm not doing it for money. I'm doing it because I love writing and playing music, so of course I'll have fun. That's the whole idea. :idea:

• Members

I listened to the myspace song. I am sure you will do fine. they definetely have an arch enemy thing going on with the singer.

The other song they gave me to learn has more of a LoG/Amon Amarth type feel to it.

• Members
Step one. Knock them dead at the audition and join band.

Step Two. Get some shows booked, and get my band on said shows with you guys.

Step Three. Destroy some audiences.
:)

-Ans-

And you know this, MAN!!!

And vice/versa ;)

Archived