OT: Why are we fighting a ground war?

rememberduane

• Members

Can anyone tell me how the ground war in Iraq has anything to do with the "War on Terrorism"? Can you tell me how it is stopping terrorism in any way?

THIS is what we should be doing. Few, if any, civilian casualties and NO American lives risked. This is striking at the core of international terrorism.

Sayyid Qutb discussed the hijrah as part three of a timeless, four step process called the manhaj. He said it would be when the jamaat, or the party created as "true believers" would hide away from the prosecution of the jahili society to build strength and that a violent triumph over the earth would follow. al-Qaida is heavily influenced by Qutb, and they believe that they have completed the hijrah and it is time for their jamaah to take control of the earth. We need to meet them and fight them in their strongholds, not invite them to fight in a Middle Ground like Iraq, at the expense of thousands of American soldiers and normal Muslims who believe none of that crap. We have allowed them to overrun Iraq, and the Iraqis suffer and our troops die.

More here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7220823.stm

Score one for the CIA. The DoD needs to learn some lessons from them.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

because we have millions of expendable humans. machinery costs money to make.

i would love it if they did go that route. but my little brother will be protecting the v.i.p. when he goes to iraq. hes almost certain to get blown up.

a predator cant do that. we need people on the ground for reasons other than killing.

• Members

FRONTLINE on PBS just aired a great (they're always great!) segment on the status of the Taliban in Afghanistan. You can watch it by clicking the link on the right side of this page:

The Return of the Taliban

I totally agree about the ground war in Iraq. SUCH A FRICKIN' WASTE IN SO MANY WAYS. I'll name a few:

Has undermined America's credibility in the world

Has strained America's relations with its closest, most loyal allies

Will end up costing over a trillion dollars

Now America has a whole new generation of war veterans that have been traumatized

The idea that Iraq was a center of terrorism is laughable. In fact, it could have been the most "sterilized" Muslim country in the world prior to the invasion

I could go on...but its such a re-hash. If people have Netflix they can watch a documentary called "No End In Sight" on demand. It details the mistakes made AFTER the invasion (touches lightly on pre-invasion stuff). Awesome documentary.

• Members

When this whole debacle started, I was in favor of some kind of intervention but what was done and what it has turned into is a cluster{censored} of epic proportions, talk about screwing the pooch on execution!!!

To be honest, Im not sure what the prudent move would have been but I have to believe that there were many things that could have been done that would not have resulted in 3000+ of our service men dead and God knows how many multiples of that number Maimed and crippled. I dont think anything pains me more than dubya's crappy treament and disregard for the fine men and women of our armed forces.

Kage

• Members

Can anyone tell me how the ground war in Iraq has anything to do with the "War on Terrorism"? Can you tell me how it is stopping terrorism in any way?

THIS
is what we should be doing. Few, if any, civilian casualties and NO American lives risked. This is striking at the core of international terrorism.

This man agrees with you:

RedNeckGun.jpg

• Members

Step 1: Fight a ground war in Iraq, topple standing government

Step 2:

Step 3: Huge profits.

I'm glad that someone else understands that the reason we are over there is so that military contractors can make huge profits. Iraq has been one big money grab for all of the military contractors connected to the Bush administration. They were given no bid contracts that WE are all paying for, and as long as we have troops on the ground in Iraq, they (the Bush adminstration) will continue to "steal from the poor and give to the rich".

What's truly sad is how few people actually understand that there is NO OVERSIGHT over the money that our governnment is waisting in Iraq. Money spent domestically has to approved, sometimes on a number of levels. The money that we are throwing at Iraq just disappears as far as oversight is concerned and no one is ever held accountable for how it is spent or where it ends up. THIS is why we are in Iraq. Stealing funds domestically would have been very hard to cover up, but looting the "war chest" is pretty easy for a presidential administration to hide.

This is why Bush wants troops in Iraq despite the fact that ALL OF OUR INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES ARE IN CONSENSUS that what we are doing in Iraq is making us all LESS SAFE. All of the very smart people that we pay lots of money to know about these things ALL AGREE that we are just stirring up a hornets nest, making it easier for Radical Islamic organizations to recruit. It doesn't matter how much good that we accomplish over there, our very presence is making it easier for the radicals to convince the level headed Muslims that we are trying to take over their country.

What's amazing to me is that it seems that most people are too stupid to have learned anything from 9/11. The reason that 9/11 happened was because Radical Muslims think that "westerners" are trying to take over the "holy land". You and I know this is BS, but the brainwashed savages that the Radical organizations recruit are too stupid to know any better. The fact that more US troops are in the Middle East now than there were before 9/11, and the fact that if the Retardicans have their way, they will stay there forever, all but insures that another 9/11 will at least be attempted.

But yeah, let's keep our troops there for the next 100 years.....

• Members

I'm glad that someone else understands that the reason we are over there is so that military contractors can make huge profits. Iraq has been one big money grab for all of the military contractors connected to the Bush administration. They were given no bid contracts that WE are all paying for, and as long as we have troops on the ground in Iraq, they (the Bush adminstration) will continue to "steal from the poor and give to the rich".

What's truly sad is how few people actually understand that there is NO OVERSIGHT over the money that our governnment is waisting in Iraq. Money spent domestically has to approved, sometimes on a number of levels. The money that we are throwing at Iraq just disappears as far as oversight is concerned and no one is ever held accountable for how it is spent or where it ends up. THIS is why we are in Iraq. Stealing funds domestically would have been very hard to cover up, but looting the "war chest" is pretty easy for a presidential administration to hide.

This is why Bush wants troops in Iraq despite the fact that ALL OF OUR INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES ARE IN CONSENSUS that what we are doing in Iraq is making us all LESS SAFE. All of the very smart people that we pay lots of money to know about these things ALL AGREE that we are just stirring up a hornets nest, making it easier for Radical Islamic organizations to recruit. It doesn't matter how much good that we accomplish over there, our very presence is making it easier for the radicals to convince the level headed Muslims that we are trying to take over their country.

What's amazing to me is that it seems that most people are too stupid to have learned anything from 9/11. The reason that 9/11 happened was because Radical Muslims think that "westerners" are trying to take over the "holy land". You and I know this is BS, but the brainwashed savages that the Radical organizations recruit are too stupid to know any better. The fact that more US troops are in the Middle East now than there were before 9/11, and the fact that if the Retardicans have their way, they will stay there forever, all but insures that another 9/11 will at least be attempted.

But yeah, let's keep our troops there for the next 100 years.....

:thu::thu::thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members

What ever happened to that Bin Laden guy? I heard something or other about him in the news a few years ago, didn't I? Something about him being the guy behind some sort of attack or something?

Oil well.

Wasn't Bin Laden like designing some sort of high gain amp or something? I don't really remember. He was in like Afghanistan or Pakistan or something - I don't remember what Iraq had to do with that, though.

• Members

Wasn't Bin Laden like designing some sort of high gain amp or something? I don't really remember. He was in like Afghanistan or Pakistan or something - I don't remember what Iraq had to do with that, though.

Oh yeah! That's right! It was made out of old stop-signs or something and was designed to explode. :thu:

• Members

Oh yeah. You turn teh gain knob up to 10 and the amp goes KABOOOM!!

• Members

It was a rare, limited edition Caparison.

A Horus with a custom all camo (even fretboard) finish.

• Members

we aren't fighting a war anymore.

The iraqi military was squashed eons ago.

We are fighting radical islamic suicide bombers and bands of marauding criminals and gangs. (the same guys saddam use to fight, gas and hang). Many of whom arent even iraqis.

What does it have to do with the war on terrorism?

Well, when terrorists get their hands on nukes, america is going to get a mushroom cloud a month. (and then europe and then china and as well as any country that is non islamic). Dirty bombs and nuke devices are the future of high tech terrorism.

Suicide bomber bombs will create mushroom clouds instead of dust clouds.

We went to iraq because the american "intelligence" agency thought for sure saddam was hiding nukes in mobile labs (even Hillary Clinton thought so). Armed with this false information, bush had no choice but to act since... saddam with nukes would be a threat to the usa due to his connection with al qaeda. (even his mistress admits saddam had ongoing talks with al qaeda who share a common foe. Western man).

But, the CIA was wrong. If there were nukes, they are well hidden.

So, now we are there to "free" iraqi women.

Archived