Axe-FX clip: doing Eventide-ish effects... spacey/ambient stuff

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Just wanted to make a thread for this for the guys that love effects and spacey, ambient, atmospheric music. Some people were asking for some more Eventide-like effects on the Axe-FX and the designer tried to add a bunch of similar effects patches for the new firmware update.

Check out this clip. It's a preview of the new 5.0 firmware update and showing off some new Eclipse-ish patches.

http://fractalaudio.com/temp/preview.mp3

Completely awesome...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I own an Eventide H3500 and must admt that the Axe FX is the closest thing I've heard to a real legacy Eventide unit. Those Crystal Echoes especially were pretty close. Some things about the the Eventide sound more musical to my ears though but Im sure that could be solved with some tweaking.

• Members

I own an Eventide H3500 and must admt that the Axe FX is the closest thing I've heard to a real legacy Eventide unit. Those Crystal Echoes especially were pretty close. Some things about the the Eventide sound more musical to my ears though but Im sure that could be solved with some tweaking.

O RLY? :o

• Members
Cool Clip

I like what the AFX can do. I'm not overly impressed by synths.
:rolleyes:
I can hear those all day long on a fantom board or plugins if I need it.

What I do like is how transparent the sound is from the AFX
:D

:confused:

There are no synths in there. Lots of pitch shifting, reverb, and delays... possibly chorus as well.

• Members

I didn't mean just your clip. That's my n00b mistake for not previewing my post

I meant from clips around AFX forum, here, most are like crystals patch and some other odd end effects. Not that it's not cool, it is. Just not the reason I'd GAS for one.

Its the transparency of the effects that I want more. Much cleaner than the G major

• Members

Awesome units, that I'm sure several of the guys in the fx forum would tell you is ridiculous, ironic as that is.

Tr00th. They'd piss themselves over it if you had them listen to that clip and told them it was some boutique analog delay pedal with handpainted aliens on it.

• Members

I didn't mean just your clip. That's my n00b mistake for not previewing my post

I meant from clips around AFX forum, here, most are like crystals patch and some other odd end effects. Not that it's not cool, it is. Just not the reason I'd GAS for one.

Its the transparency of the effects that I want more. Much cleaner than the G major

Yeah... it's not synth though. chrystal echoes isn't either. the effects just give a spacey vibe to it that sounds kinda synth-ish I guess to someone who isn't used to effects like that, I guess.... I knew what you meant.

• Members

Meh the effects forum guys aren't that bad.

You guys don't FEEL the DMM? Man, that was the pedal that's felt nicest for me to play everrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And I do love the feeling of bending over and spinning knobs to find new tones...

Some of the guys there are cool. But there are so many ignorant morons there, it is pathetic.

I have played the DMM, and it is a mere toy compared to what I am feeling. Perspective... EVERY device in this rig, KILL the DMM without trying.

NAMM%20pics%20cropped%20020.jpg

• Members
Some of the guys there are cool. But there are so many ignorant morons there, it is pathetic.

I have played the DMM, and it is a mere toy compared to what I am feeling. Perspective... EVERY device in this rig, KILL the DMM without trying.

NAMM%20pics%20cropped%20020.jpg

Maybe, but you're rather heavy handed in every thread you post in, and I'm often surprised how taken aback you are by people's responses...

That being said, nothing I've personally played feels quite like the Deluxe Memory Man. I wish I still owned a Memory Man and will buy one again.

• Members

Maybe, but you're rather heavy handed in every thread you post in, and I'm often surprised how taken aback you are by people's responses...

That being said, nothing I've personally played feels quite like the Deluxe Memory Man. I wish I still owned a Memory Man and will buy one again.

In all fairness, I am ONLY heavy handed with guys that start {censored}, first, and they do seem to seek out my posts. They seem to have trouble dealing with the truth regarding topics of what is the best. I have always maintained that gear are mere tools to get a job done and produce a desired result. If you dig the DMM, then that is WAY cool, that you know what you like. It puts you ahead of a lot of guys searching for what they prefer.

I hope you and I are cool, I have respect for you, and think you're a cool guy.

• Members
In all fairness, I am ONLY heavy handed with guys that start {censored}, first, and they do seem to seek out my posts. I have always maintained that gear are mere tools to get a job done and produce a desired result. If you dig the DMM, then that is WAY cool, that you know what you like. It puts you ahead of a lot of guys searching for what they prefer.

I hope you and I are cool, I have respect for you, and think you're a cool guy.

Oh no completely. I'm fine and think that sometimes you're hilarious (in a good way).

Just saying, you can be a bit heavy handed-- so can I, but generally in the OT stuff :D.

Yeah, the DMM just has a "playback" almost to it... I don't know how to describe, but I just love the way it feels. It's the only pedal so far that I can say I get the "feel" an effect thing out of that I've used.

I just like doing some funky {censored} with delay that the DMM isn't ideal for.

Pure tone and feel though? I'd choose the DMM just about every time.

• Members
Oh no completely. I'm fine and think that sometimes you're hilarious (in a good way).

Just saying, you can be a bit heavy handed-- so can I, but generally in the OT stuff
:D

Yeah, the DMM just has a "playback" almost to it... I don't know how to describe, but I just love the way it feels. It's the only pedal so far that I can say I get the "feel" an effect thing out of that I've used.

I just like doing some funky {censored} with delay that the DMM isn't ideal for.

Pure tone and feel though? I'd choose the DMM just about every time.

The DMM is a very warm sounding pedal. The only thing that I've noticed with a lot of EHX pedals is that it's pretty easy to clip the input signal in them, but they do sound very nice. The one w/ Hazarai is capable of some pretty far out stuff.

• Members

I REALLY want to get an effects unit that can do that "shimmer" sound to run in the loop of my Mark IV. I've heard the Digitech DHP-33 can do a VERY close version to the Eventide, so I'm thinking about picking one of those up.

The DHP's are really cool. They do "certain" things close to the H series Eventides, and, are really fun units.

Archived