NGD-ESP M1 Pics and Review

Chrisjd

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tastier than a tasty piece of tasty cake topped with some tasty ice cream and sprinkles - which are also tasty.... however the lack of a floyd means you don't get da tasty chocolate sauce for on top! lol

Nice axe man. My next proper guitar will be an M-II. I don't mind rosewood boards. I know ebony is more "prestigous" but getting to the stage where I find that rosewood fretboards are that bit more "tuneful"... nothing wrong at all with ebony of course though, but mmmmm ESP make a fine axe these days. TBH I prefer the axes ESP are putting out to Jacksons these days...

• Members

I know how you feel. I absolutely love my Japanese ESP. The fretboard looked amazing when I first got it, but started to lose it's luster a year later. A little bit a Fret doctor rubbed onto the board revived it, and I think it looks way better than before. ESP use the best quality woods and the craftsmanship on my Custom shop model is top notch.

• Members

I have a few ESPs, including a ESP M-II and they rock. Enjoy!

P.S. what do you prefer about the 85 over the 81?

Most amps i like the 81 more with. MY framus dragon and cobra both hate the 81 for some reason, they like the 85 though.

Plus, this guitar is alder and ebony, which is already brighter than the typical rosewood/mahogony combo, so i wanted something a little less bright.

• Members

Wow Chris, that thing looks unbelievable!

It's got that Caparison vibe that I love, but it's an ESP so I know it will be a perfect fit for me right off the bat. I've always wanted a superstrat without a floyd, and I really had no idea ESP made these! The only thing I'm weary on is that the neck isn't painted. My RG 7 string and my Jackson kelly (which is a complete POS I might add) both have wood finished necks and just don't have the feel that my ESP LTD's do, but then again they aren't ESP's...

And to top it off $1,199 isn't too expensive. Maybe I'll have to look into one of these.

Congrats!!!

• Members

It's got that Caparison vibe that I love, but it's an ESP so I know it will be a perfect fit for me right off the bat. I've always wanted a superstrat without a floyd, and I really had no idea ESP made these! The only thing I'm weary on is that the neck isn't painted. My RG 7 string and my Jackson kelly (which is a complete POS I might add) both have wood finished necks and just don't have the feel that my ESP LTD's do, but then again they aren't ESP's...

And to top it off $1,199 isn't too expensive. Maybe I'll have to look into one of these.

Congrats!!!

Look into it for sure, it plays so easily. I had in intonated yesterday with the action lowered. plays so smooth and effortless.

Like I said, it sounds better than my LTDs, but ltds are 2nd best imo.

• Members

Congrats!!!

The neck is painted, it just has a satin clearcoat on it. :)

-Ans-

• Members

Cool geetah, congas!

:cool:

The neck is painted, it just has a satin clearcoat on it.
:)

-Ans-

What are you blind and high? I think them Comparisons have gone to yer gourd.

Dat neck ain't painted.

:wave:

Archived