NGD-ESP M1 Pics and Review

Chrisjd

• Members

Finally got my FIRST REAL JAPANESE ESP yesterday, it is awesome... I have never seen an ebony board that looks this good, this thing is perfect.

This IS the best guitar I have played. I dont want to say it smokes high end LTDs, but it IS nicer and sounds very alive.

The Body is alder and the board is ebony, so i yanked the emg 81 and threw an 85 in the bridge. Since all there is is a single volume control, the signal is extremely hot, i had to turn the gain down on my amp for sure.

The tone is extremely snappy and aggressive. it is balanced but with a sharp and crisp attack. when i strum open chords i hear everything ring out, all the notes sound very sweet and popping, lots of texture to each note.

Powerchords have a "swirling" effect it seems, i will pull a chord and the notes blend but remains clear and have a "awwwwwwww" tone, very cool.

right outa the box..

P1010017.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg

P1010018-1.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020-1.jpg

P1010021-1.jpg

P1010022-1.jpg

P1010024.jpg

Out comes the 81, in goes the 85

P1010025-1.jpg

all done!

P1010026.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

musician.com looks like the same inventory as musiciansfriend.com that might be why you didn't get your case chris...all the mess ups that's been ongoing with MF...is it irony that everyone abbreviates them "M F "..ha ha

Heh...

It says that a hardshell case is included under the accesories for my guitar, and i even asked the sales rep when ordering it, sure enought they said it did...

Archived