DMT...

JoshuaLogan

• Members
yeah, I don't know if I'd even want to try it. it'd be tough to prepare yourself for that kind of intensity.

you'd be like "okay, self. listen up. when i take this, within 45 seconds my entire world will be flipped on it's ass. I will be ripped from my reality and thrown into a place I've never been and can't even imagine at this moment in time. it may be scary. it may be awesome. it for sure will be intense. are you ready, self? just remember it'll only last 10-20 minutes max. 1.. 2... 3.... here we-- no wait... i'm not ready..... {censored}..."
:lol:

yeah pretty much. its kinda like taking a fat bong rip then chugging 6 shots, but on a grand scale. its like well here goes. i know with my self induced ones, i can come out of it so im probably getting an infinitesimal amount compared to a drug level hit. but yeah its pretty much like you're somewhere else but you've never been anywhere else before. its like a parallel universe deal, with a lot of awareness.

i should call my friend...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's best to learn to quiet the internal dialog before injesting these very powerful entheogens, for best results.

Talking to yourself or out loud is a way to cling to your ego and try to maintain control, very stupid when under the influence of something completely overpowering.

• Members

You mean extract it? Using the word "synthesize" is unneccessarily putting a bad connotation on it. It's not synthetic at all. The extraction procedures I've seen are actually pretty simple. This isn't LSD.... it's not a synthetic, manufactured drug. It's a naturally occuring chemical that exists both in your brain and in many common plants.

Wasn't putting any connotation on it. I've seen both ways to make DMT and ways to extract-- each process that I've seen involved chemicals/solvents that I would never, ever ingest as a chemist, nothing to do with the drug itself. The two processes I've seen are not clean at all and I would be very concerned about the residuals of the process.

As for the drug itself, it's structure suggests it's likely relatively harmless long term without constant usage, but constant usage may have some issues not unlike things like L-dopa (used primarily for Parkinson's as a dopamine mimetic) which will cause your brain to stop producing and handling dopamine properly with prolonged use.

I'm far from a doctor, toxicologist, or neuroscientist, etc etc.

• Members

you wouldn't believe me if i told you. basically your body makes dmt for when you sleep or when you die. somehow ive managed to be able to maximize dmt release during the period when i'm falling asleep. idk how i did it, it's just a subconscious thing, like breathing or blinking. and natural dmt trips are the cats pajamas dude

again, if you don't believe me, im not surprised. but either way i'm the one having some radical dreams

I have DMT: The Spirit Molecule sitting right in front of me. I also have 5 books on astral projection. I've been practicing astral projection for 5 years and have done lots of homework on the topic. I know you won't want to believe it, but you are probably just experiencing the hypnagogic imagery of the dream world while still conscious. There is little evidence that DMT is responsible for any part of it. In fact, it is much more likely that it is not. There is likewise little evidence that the same happens at death. Lucid dreaming and "astral projection" are amazing and a lot of fun, but it is extremely doubtful you are experiencing any kind of DMT trip. That's not to say you aren't having effects...they just aren't caused by DMT.

• Members

I have DMT: The Spirit Molecule sitting right in front of me. I also have 5 books on astral projection. I've been practicing astral projection for 5 years and have done lots of homework on the topic. I know you won't want to believe it, but you are probably just experiencing the hypnagogic imagery of the dream world while still conscious. There is little evidence that DMT is responsible for any part of it. In fact, it is much more likely that it is not. There is likewise little evidence that the same happens at death. Lucid dreaming and "astral projection" are amazing and a lot of fun, but it is extremely doubtful you are experiencing any kind of DMT trip. That's not to say you aren't having effects...they just aren't caused by DMT.

party pooper. i was enjoying my little naive bubble of perceived spiritual enlightenment.

i can control something, whether its dmt, i dont know. but i can make myself trip balls, like a lucid dream mixed with a psychadelic trip. ill enjoy that for what it is, and consider expanding upon it with dmt. i just dont see myself doing it soon

• Members

Your mind speeds up when you dream, you can experience a whole day dream in a minute or 2.

Sometimes when I wake after a vivid dream, I see what I call the 'Data Stream', all this imagery flying past at a very high rate of speed, like tripping hard.

Same when you take entheogens, your mind speeds up too fast to comprehend.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream
It is not dying.

• Members

party pooper. i was enjoying my little naive bubble of perceived spiritual enlightenment.

i can control something, whether its dmt, i dont know. but i can make myself trip balls, like a lucid dream mixed with a psychadelic trip. ill enjoy that for what it is, and consider expanding upon it with dmt. i just dont see myself doing it soon

I've had a few very lucid dreams, I made myself stay asleep instead of freaking out and waking up, which is what usually happens when I realize its a dream. I can also decide when to wake up.

It was kinda fun, but I don't care to learn to do it any better. I didn't see the point of controlling it beyond the first bit of novelty and I prefer to let things take their course with no interference from me.

• Members

I, for one, think that experiencing some other reality WITHOUT the aid of something like DMT would make you far more "enlightened". So what I'm saying is you may be experiencing something profound, and you are probably doing it without help. So that's good. I know I have had some pretty profound experiences myself.

BTW...lucid dreams almost always have some psychedelic elements mixed it. Usually the visuals will conform to your will, which is pretty trippy.

• Members

I've had a few very lucid dreams, I made myself stay asleep instead of freaking out and waking up, which is what usually happens when I realize its a dream. I can also decide when to wake up.

It was kinda fun, but I don't care to learn to do it any better. I didn't see the point of controlling it beyond the first bit of novelty and I prefer to let things take their course with no interference from me.

in one of my lucid dreams i played in front of a packed house at a big seattle venue. i couldve sworn it was real. i controlled everything, even the songs we were playing. that was worth it to me.

• Members

I, for one, think that experiencing some other reality WITHOUT the aid of something like DMT would make you far more "enlightened". So what I'm saying is you may be experiencing something profound, and you are probably doing it without help. So that's good. I know I have had some pretty profound experiences myself.

{censored} yeah, double win!

im spiritual i just play it off like im not because its not something you wanna wear on your sleeve, you know? so thats actually kind of exciting to me. thanks i suppose

• Members

in one of my lucid dreams i played in front of a packed house at a big seattle venue. i couldve sworn it was real. i controlled everything, even the songs we were playing. that was worth it to me.

Oh, it was fun the few times its happened to me, I just decided not to persue it.

I'm more into remembering the whole dream...I've had a few where I wake up in a dream right after going to sleep, and then later going to sleep in the dream and waking up here.

I have a whole different world 'in dreams', the area around my house is the same, but different. I have an alternate life, with alternate memories, etc.

• Members

I have a whole different world 'in dreams', the area around my house is the same, but different. I have an alternate life, with alternate memories, etc.

Same. I consistently re-dream about similar locations, my "house" is always the same, different place, certain people in my life are always represented by the same, completely different people, etc.

I recall things from dreams past that I had forgotten about for, when I wake up, what seemed like years, but it's as though it just happened, the memory born anew.

• Members

I also have times when something here triggers the memory of last night's dream, it floods back, and I just zone out for a while...haha!

Godd discussion, bugger banning the OT or closing this thread.

I'm off to read a bit of Silverlock, and then.. to sleep, perchance to dream.

Be back in the dawn.

• Members

i don't sleep long enough to wake up in a dream, and i sure as hell don't remember the previous cycle of REM. sleep and dreaming are rather interesting in the fact that little is known about why dreams actually occur. they may or may not have meaning, too. can't say i'd be down with DMT. salvia was cool, but i needed too much of an initial dose to really {censored} with me, i'd like to do it again when i don't have to smoke an ass load of it to get off.

• Members

Terrence McKenna gave some pretty interesting talks about it, a few made it into some Shpongle songs.

Are you Shpongled?

"Jewelled, intelligent basketballs that speak and give gifts"

Of course! Mckenna is my favorite "altered statesman", even his political and social views are tempered in the heat of the tryptamine furnace that burned in his head... Unlike his contemporaries like Leary and Daniel Pinchback he remained humble, never succumbing to his own minor fame and always rose to the occasion with mental and verbal gymnastics.

I implore anyone who's seriously interested in this stuff to look up "Food of the Gods", you will probably question everything about society for months and years.

• Members

why not skip right on past the DMT and go for ketamine? or maybe datura? nothing like having absolutely NO idea what is real and what is hallucinated.

What Mckenna points out about DMT that is facinating is that you are remarkably lucid while having your reality shredded before your eyes. In the rational sense you are sitting/lying there but mentally your off with the gnomes, exploring the Universe etc.

Ketamine is a synthetic sedative and Datura is a deleriant, those will certianly fuzz one out. But as far as the coherent flow of novel information most seek from psychedelics, the tryptamines (psilocybin, DMT, LSD) are second to none. Sorry, it just bothers me when people lump all mind-{censored}s together in one... What is interesting is how each substance conjugates and shades in every experience, how molecules manage to have "spirits" which are nice enough to take us mere monkeys for tours of their molecular minds.

• Members

why not skip right on past the DMT and go for ketamine? or maybe datura? nothing like having absolutely NO idea what is real and what is hallucinated.

Ketamine is a dissociative, not a hallucinogen. Much weaker experience than DMT, although a k-hole is still an intense experience.

Archived