DMT...

JoshuaLogan

• Members
Of course! Mckenna is my favorite "altered statesman", even his political and social views are tempered in the heat of the tryptamine furnace that burned in his head... Unlike his contemporaries like Leary and Daniel Pinchback he remained humble, never succumbing to his own minor fame and always rose to the occasion with mental and verbal gymnastics.

I implore anyone who's seriously interested in this stuff to look up "Food of the Gods", you will probably question everything about society for months and years.

I knew Mr. Bungle was cool!:thu:

I enjoy how Shpongle put in him talking, the really 'manipulate' his voice -- stretch and bend it around, very freaky. I found it to be fun with Salvia.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm not terribly bothered if this inspires some kid to go and blast his skull open with hard drugs because that simply put is his choice and we live and die by our own mistakes. However I still think its dumb to advertise your intentions publically especially given the whole wacky police state thing you have going on
:p
I mean you feel pretty dumb if you got busted over this wouldn't you?

It casts a wierd light on the social acceptability of drugs too. I doubt many people would start a topic about how awesome injectiildren, ng skag is!

kids, by definition, are not adults, & tend to make choices based on the recomedation of peers/adults...a kid that hasn't heard of said drug, wouln't be inclined to try it... but too late. ;-)

adults can make their own choices, & live & die by them. thats ok. but if you have children, then you might feel diffrent - especially when dick wads put there drug hopes up here for all to read.

• Members

kids, by definition, are not adults, & tend to make choices based on the recomedation of peers/adults...a kid that hasn't heard of said drug, wouln't be inclined to try it... but too late. ;-)

adults can make their own choices, & live & die by them. thats ok. but if you have children, then you might feel diffrent - especially when dick wads put there drug hopes up here for all to read.

-1, no name calling allowed, dickwad.

• Members
I knew Mr. Bungle was cool!
:thu:

I enjoy how Shpongle put in him talking, the really 'manipulate' his voice -- stretch and bend it around, very freaky. I found it to be fun with Salvia.

If they managed to make his voice wierder than it already is than that's impressive... Some of the sound manipulation those electronic dudes can do is almost inconceivable from a traditional musician's perspective, definately inspiring while under the influence.

• Members

DMT can be fun, i have never had a trip where I really took something from it tho, it was more so of a wow, look at all the pretty colors swirling around. pretty.

I am not big on visual trips, I like body highs and mental mind {censored}s more then watching tracers and stuff.

There are better ways of getting high then DMT in my opinion

• Members
If they managed to make his voice wierder than it already is than that's impressive... Some of the sound manipulation those electronic dudes can do is almost inconceivable from a traditional musician's perspective, definately inspiring while under the influence.

Try 'Are You Shpongled?', real trippy music and McKenna's voice is manipulated like crazy. Their other 2 CDs also have him on some tracks.

I have his DMT lecture on cassette, his voice is definitely Shpongled on those CDs.
:freak:

• Members

DMT can be fun, i have never had a trip where I really took something from it tho, it was more so of a wow, look at all the pretty colors swirling around. pretty.

I am not big on visual trips, I like body highs and mental mind {censored}s more then watching tracers and stuff.

If its anything like a good strong hit of Salvia, its quite a bit more than, "look at the pretties" or tracers, WAYYYYmore, like

OH, {censored}...aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

• Members
Try 'Are You Shpongled?', real trippy music and McKenna's voice is manipulated like crazy. Their other 2 CDs also have him on some tracks.

I have his DMT lecture on cassette, his voice is definitely Shpongled on those CDs.

:freak:

I'll check those out next time I'm in a mood for a trance session... Yeah his voice has a certain nasal quality that is very distinctive, combined with his cadence and talent for words it becomes almost hypnotic.

• Members

I heard that it was the chemical that gets released into your body the instant you die, and that when people experience their afterlife it's only tripping on DMT for an instant which for you, lasts an eternity.

That makes sense. If I was in charge of engineering humans, that's how I would do it. Why go through the trouble of building a heaven and stocking up virgins and all that nonsense when a bit of narcotics would do the same thing.

-W

• Members

That makes sense. If I was in charge of engineering humans, that's how I would do it. Why go through the trouble of building a heaven and stocking up virgins and all that nonsense when a bit of narcotics would do the same thing.

-W

s'not a narcotic.

• Members

-W

It is quite incredible how perfectly this whole human machine works. You can see the clockwork-like precision in nature mirrored in ourselves, our "creations" machines, buildings, etc are dull clunky and useless in comparison... Even computers fail miserably when put up against the endlessly intuitive bio-matrix.

It's funny how Descartes theorized that the pineal gland was where mind and matter interfaced, than a couple hundred years later it's theorized that DMT and other tryptamines may be synthesized in the pineal gland, and are released at crucial points in the human experience: birth, death, sleep, mystical experience... I think the biggest question these substances ask is what exactly are humans doing in this spiritual realm? Even in traditional religions you have motifs like this, Adam + Eve eating a plant that gives them God-like knowledge... Food of the Gods for thought.

• Members
It is quite incredible how perfectly this whole human machine works. You can see the clockwork-like precision in nature mirrored in ourselves, our "creations" machines, buildings, etc are dull clunky and useless in comparison... Even computers fail miserably when put up against the endlessly intuitive bio-matrix.

Please explain tonsils, appendixes, inter-digital hair, male pattern baldness, and the disparity between male and female sex drive if it is all such a glorious engineering triumph. ;)

In fact, I would think one could argue the converse pretty effectively.

• Members
Please explain tonsils, appendixes, inter-digital hair, male pattern baldness, and the disparity between male and female sex drive if it is all such a glorious engineering triumph.
;)

In fact, I would think one could argue the converse pretty effectively.

Hehe, I know your just playing devil's advocate, but those things probably had good reasons to exist at some point in time when we were at our biological equilibrium with our environment. I'm not a Luddite, but modern society seems to amplify certain "problems" to the point where they are deemed a societal menace, but really those things are only harmful to the system itself.

This could easily get into a nature vs. nurture debate, so I won't go there, but there was a line in Alan Watts' "The Joyous Cosmology" that said something along the lines of: "It's not the dusty, gnarled thicket that is unorderly, it is the measly human apparatus that fails to see the perfection inherit in every root, moss, branch." Paraphrased excessively, but you get the point.

Archived