Lamb of God is terrible.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

Yep, that is the most obnoxiously stolen riff ever.

Testament > LoG

They stole riffs from Megadeth too.

The funny part is even though they stole that riff from a sweet song, they managed to take everything out that makes the riff good (i.e. grove) and add bad tone and it came out teh failz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I had to put my finger on it, I think Lamb of God uses way, way too much compression in their mastering process. The sound is very flat. Dynamics are important, even in metal.

You understand that the mastering process is done by people other than the band, right? The band has absolutely zero to do with how their record is mastered. Not trying to be a dick but overdoing the compression happens to lots of bands nowadays, not just LoG, because the labels want the disk to come out hotter sounding.

• Members

As far as metal goes, LoG is just.... excessively mediocre. Every band as similar as they may sound to the people who dont hear the difference, has its own sound and style.

But LoG takes all thsoe generic parts of heavy metal, and then just goes berserk with them, and then completely avoids anything that would make them unique or stand out. We've heard it before, and unlike other bands that sound generic, LoG has no depth or dynamics to their songs. So that mediocrity that hit you in the face from the beginning never lets up.

I see Dragonforce in much the same way. They're like a power metal generic-parody band.

I like metal bands with a unique style and groove.

• Members

so your saying you can write songs as good as lamb of god then?

Sure, I think just about anyone here could think up dime-a-dozen drop-d chugga LoG riffs all day if they had some twisted desire to do so. Maybe not everyone's rhythm chops stack up to those guys, but their writing seems completely uninspired to my ears.

• Members
As far as metal goes, LoG is just.... excessively mediocre. Every band as similar as they may sound to the people who dont hear the difference, has its own sound and style.

But LoG takes all thsoe generic parts of heavy metal, and then just goes berserk with them, and then completely avoids anything that would make them unique or stand out. We've heard it before, and unlike other bands that sound generic, LoG has no depth or dynamics to their songs. So that mediocrity that hit you in the face from the beginning never lets up.

I see Dragonforce in much the same way. They're like a power metal generic-parody band.

I like metal bands with a unique style and groove.

Good post.:thu:

• Members

I'll admit, I like them, I found them refreshing, amongst the Trivium, Shadows Fall, etc.... bands. I find all of them EXTREMELY boring. at least with LOG, I get killer guitar playing, and the drummers great as well. Everyone keeps talking about Mastodon and how great they are, I've tried to listen to them, just cant, I dont get it, I saw them live and they were horrid.

• Members

I'll admit, I like them, I found them refreshing, amongst the Trivium, Shadows Fall, etc.... bands. I find all of them EXTREMELY boring. at least with LOG, I get killer guitar playing, and the drummers great as well. Everyone keeps talking about Mastodon and how great they are, I've tried to listen to them, just cant, I dont get it, I saw them live and they were horrid.

They are better guitarists then they are musicians if that makes anysense? They just kinda rely on the same tricks over and over again, not very dynamic and just lack feel. Thats all on me.

I really can't see to much talent in Mastadon. Just kinda bangin it out to my ears.

I will admit I am not as credible in talking about such things as I am not really into most metal at all. I like it to an extent but it really isn't in the grand scheme of my listening. I do check things out before I pass judgement.

Archived