Lamb of God is terrible.

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they make some GREAT albums, but when i saw them live... it was a sloppy mess.. maybe a bad night, but after i saw them live, i dont listen to their albums nearly as much as i did before.

but, in my opinion, ashes of the wake is one of the tightest metal albums ever. i mean, precise in every note and just absolutly perfect.

• Members

ah so your saying it's not something particular that makes them {censored} it's jsut that they don't stand out? I 100% know what you're saying with regards to all the indie bands etc that come out and NME loves, but are all just {censored}ty rehashes of stuff.

I guess me not being a metal head means that what they're doing is less obvious to me. Although, the songs I'm not fussed about that they do are just like the ones I like but more boring/less good.

So still I'm asking - who is worth listening to?

• Members

Why?

its all opinion, but theres just lots of bands around here that get hyped up that i just dont understand what a seasoned guitarist as most of us are find to be so great, then theres bands that i cant see how a seasoned guitarist can at least respect, like lamb of god.

• Members

I can't quantify it, LoG just doesn't have "it", whatever factor makes a metal band really stand out. With Meshuggah's better songs I think "I could not have written this", but every LoG song is just kind of... obvious.

so your saying you can write songs as good as lamb of god then?

• Members

I don't care for the singer, and to me they sound like Slayer in some ways - negative ways, their guitar tone being one of them. I would say that some of their songs do sound alike, but I don't listen to them enough to make a strong case in that area. The singer is a douchebag, that much I do know.

Archived