Why does Call of Duty 4 rape Halo 3 so hard?

Say Ocean

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FPS on XBox = n00b.

All that needs to be said.

Lol, I use to say console gamers were noobs and that the only way to play FPS is on a pc. Not since I got COD4 on 360 though. COD4 was the first FPS game on console that I actually felt inclined to devote some time too. Well, after playing it for as long as I have, and playing all the other COD's on PC I can safely say that ANYONE can be good on PC. Aiming with a mouse is so ridiculously easy that you shouldn't miss...ever. It's far more challenging on a console, and that's what I like about it.

I can't even play Halo 3 now. After playing CoD for so long, halo seems like a dumbed down mess. Everything feels like it's in slow motion.

• Members

Uh, ok. I am a Noob. COD4 single player was short. I finished it in a few hours. The online play is the only part about COD4 I like. Conversely, I have more fun in the Halo campaign than I do online.

what did you play it on? beginner?

im playing it on one step above the hardest difficulty. its a {censored}ing challenge.

• Members

Lol, I use to say console gamers were noobs and that the only way to play FPS is on a pc. Not since I got COD4 on 360 though. COD4 was the first FPS game on console that I actually felt inclined to devote some time too. Well, after playing it for as long as I have, and playing all the other COD's on PC I can safely say that ANYONE can be good on PC. Aiming with a mouse is so ridiculously easy that you shouldn't miss...ever. It's far more challenging on a console, and that's what I like about it.

I can't even play Halo 3 now. After playing CoD for so long, halo seems like a dumbed down mess. Everything feels like it's in slow motion.

Breaking your hand with a hammer would make playing guitar a lot more challenging too... but I don't think it'd make it more fun. Challenge should come from the game design, not the limitations of the controller...

• Members
Ok dude I threw your band a bone and voted...
:):thu:

1 thing about that sites.. Its as slow as a stoned snail traveling through malasis in winter... Hell of a vision.. but to me it was that slow...

yeah, its slow as hell. its pretty frustrating.

• Members
Breaking your hand with a hammer would make playing guitar a lot more challenging too... but I don't think it'd make it more fun. Challenge should come from the game design, not the limitations of the controller...

PC shooters are good, but I'd that move around with a thumbstick and shoot pulling a trigger than point and click :idk:

• Members

If you have to break out the "the storyline is better" line to defend an FPS, you're doing something wrong.

ANYONE can be good on PC. Aiming with a mouse is so ridiculously easy that you shouldn't miss...ever. It's far more challenging on a console, and that's what I like about it.

Go play Q3 against some old-timers and tell me that.

• Members

IMO.. There are various advantages AND disadvantages to using a console as well as with the PC...Really depends.. If you are computer illiterate or PC challenged.. Id say, stick with consoles unless you are prepared for frustration and growing pains..Been doing PC gaming for almost 10 years now..Im just to used to it, to like consoles even though I do mess around with them at a friends house

Now if they made a full size keyboard/mouse configuration that is mapable or programmable with the 360.. id probable get it and play that...

• Members
PC shooters are good, but I'd that move around with a thumbstick and shoot pulling a trigger than point and click
:idk:

Try turning around in a circle.

This argument will always, always trump everything. Turn around on a PC shooter, turn around with a control stick.

Watch anyone who is used to a console come to a PC-- they'll move the mouse jittery, don't know how to keep smooth motion on screen, can't look around quickly and effectively. Look at how much time you spend on a controller trying to keep yourself steady as opposes to a PC where you look around constantly and almost frantically with far faster game play because of the additional precision you have.

PC is a faster, more finely controlled game.

• Members

So you are a PC guy normally and were surprised there was a learning curve when switching control devices?

This is completely true.

Try turning around in a circle.

This argument will always, always trump everything. Turn around on a PC shooter, turn around with a control stick.

Watch anyone who is used to a console come to a PC-- they'll move the mouse jittery, don't know how to keep smooth motion on screen, can't look around quickly and effectively. Look at how much time you spend on a controller trying to keep yourself steady as opposes to a PC where you look around constantly and almost frantically with far faster game play because of the additional precision you have.

PC is a faster, more finely controlled game.

a agree that the mouse/keyboad is more accurate, but I don't have any problem keeping myself steady with a controller, and I find it much better to do the jukes, and precision jumping on a controller. Hell, i use an xbox controller on my PC when playing Halo, due to it being what I'm used to, and I still own people 90% of the time.

• Members

@ blargh

U are lookin at an older game through todays eyes,, Try putting things in context next time... I remember playing it 4 or 5 years ago.. I thought and still think it was a good game.. Opinion hasn't really changed about the game...Hell. My faverate game is AvP and it came out 6 or 7 years ago.. Most new games might look better but the gameplay ain't there.. COD among a few choice others are the exception IMO

as for being insane.. yep I'm certifiable .. Games like music is a matter of opinion and personal taste.. I still remember playing games on the Atari 2600... and liking it.. HELL. I still play missile command or pacman ever so often

I actually prefer games produced by these companies to the flashy and graphic intensive games that are out now,.. WHY.. Because they are quality and the gameplay is intense in its own way...

or

or

When I want to expand my mind Ill choose the above companies.. I Just use FPS for the stress relief and anger management.. or to sharpen the twitch factor

AvP was awesome! I played that when I was like 13-14... running around as the alien was fun haha

• Members

Go play Q3 against some old-timers and tell me that.

Yeah, that argument seems totally backwards to me.

The improved precision and speed doesn't make it easier, it allows for more skill to be involved. There's a wall there with consoles.

And regardless of how well CoD4 works on consoles, it is also for PC. No way in hell would I pay MORE to get LESS for the console version.

• Members

meh.

i wrapped CoD4 on the hardest difficulty setting without much trouble.

There were two parts I thought were really hard... 1. where you get to the extraction area with that guy that can't walk and you're sniping and have to hold off waves and waves of guys until the helicopter gets there and 2. near the end of the game when you're battling through the small corridors to get to the room to stop the nukes

• Members

There were two parts I thought were really hard... 1. where you get to the extraction area with that guy that can't walk and you're sniping and have to hold off waves and waves of guys until the helicopter gets there and 2. near the end of the game when you're battling through the small corridors to get to the room to stop the nukes

the only two parts i found remotely difficult were the level in the TV station, and getting out of the sniper level.

aside from that, it was a cake walk.

• Members

Halo is overhyped {censored}. I cant stand it.

I'm stuck on COD4, on that bit at the end of the sniper mission where you have to fight off all those enemies whilst waiting for the chopper, its so annoying that I dont even enjoy playing it at the minute :lol:

• Members

the only two parts i found remotely difficult were the level in the TV station, and getting out of the sniper level.

aside from that, it was a cake walk.

Agreed.. the TV station was soo... hard..

Sniper level was easy once you popped that dude with the .50 BUT got harder,... much harder at the very end of that mission.. It was fun setting up my claymores and seeing dudes fly all over the place....Then taking shots at them with my m-14

The Nuke site wasn't too bad I thought.. The extraction point when you are a brit with all the asir support and working against the clock is.. Man.. that mission was rough on the high skill levels

• Members

AvP was awesome! I played that when I was like 13-14... running around as the alien was fun haha

I have gotten REAL good as a Alien runner....In survivor.. I have developed tactics that are very good.. My runner always gets through and when I do.. marines die even though I might die 10 times... Eventually I will get through.. Besides.. this aint TDM.. Hell, its survivor and there are no frag listings.. I can honestly say, I play that game for the enjoyment. I don't even play for the score.. I just play for the adrenaline rush of the hunt/kill

• Members

Multiplayer FPSs, both PC and console, GET GOD DAMN {censored}ING REPETITIVE.

That being said, Team Fortress 2 hastily jerks off upon the noggin of both CoD4 & Halo 3.

And for {censored}'s sake, the Call of Duty 2 campaign absolutely SLAUGHTERS CoD4 in terms of immersion and cinematic goodness. That game {censored}ing ruled.

But RPGs {censored}in own FPSs :o

Archived