OT-Some Interesting Videos of Obama's Church

Chrisjd

• Members
I think most media outlets leans left though, from CNN to most major city newspapers and other stations, factor in the college campus dialogue (BIG TIME liberal) and so theres 1 outlet that leans right (FOX)

As a journalist, I can say that if you're a conservative journalist, you're not a journalist at all. You're more of a social commentator than anything. Most of my fellow journalists get into it because they want to change something, may it be local or national, social or political. Conservatives, for the most part, want to keep the status quo in place and dislike change. They believe in political and social stagnation :lol:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ok we agree on that.

I think most media outlets leans left though, from CNN to most major city newspapers and other stations, factor in the college campus dialogue (BIG TIME liberal) and so theres 1 outlet that leans right (FOX)

Whats the big deal? there still are outnumbered big time its only 1 station

:idk:

PS - I do wish there was MORE HONEST journalism and reporting these days, i can only wish!

:cry:

:cry:

Saying fox "leans" right is like saying that Metallica aren't that bad now.

• Members

You wonder why the country is F'd up?? Cuz people watched instead of being active. How many years?? WTF was the 06 campaign about?? What did you get??? It's all about POWER. Nothing will change. If you wanted DEMOCRATS to do something why didn't they? THEY PROMISED ! Didn't They??? Is the war OVER??? How many troops are home?

They haven't been able to do anything because we have a Republican president, who vetoes most of their bills, the budget for 2008 being the most notable, and they don't have a large enough majority in the House to overwhelm the Republicans. They only have a majority in the Senate, but it's literally a 51-49 split last time I checked.

Brush up on how your political system works, bub :poke:

• Members
They haven't been able to do anything because we have a Republican president, who vetoes most of their bills, the budget for 2008 being the most notable, and they don't have a large enough majority in the House to overwhelm the Republicans. They only have a majority in the Senate, but it's literally a 51-49 split last time I checked.

Brush up on how your political system works, bub :poke:

G Bush does not make the WORLD turn either like some think so.

I'm not debating Pub or Demo! Both have F'd {censored} up and WE re-elect them for doing it

That is my :freak: message

• Members
G Bush does not make the WORLD turn either like some think so.

I'm not debating Pub or Demo! Both have F'd {censored} up and WE re-elect them for doing it

That is my
:freak:

But Bush does have the final say in what bills are enacted.

And good luck getting a 3rd party to become a major party. The only way I see a 3rd party coming into power is if the Republicans split (which I foresee happening by the 2012 elections) into the traditional conservatives and the Neo-Cons. The Republican party is tearing itself apart because of the Neo-Cons constantly criticizing and hating on the traditional conservatives. Hence, this is why John McCain is so unpopular among Neo-Cons. Neo-Cons are what I'd like to think of as the Nazis of the Republican party. They're Republican purists in the truest sense of the word.

• Members

Fox news is a great news channel that reports on more than just conservative biases. they have a conservative bias but what would you call msnbc or cnn? I thought you were smarter than that.

D0do3r, come on, they all suck. Even when they're not outright screaming about the Dems destroying the world, there's always a slant to what they have to say.

Same damn thing with the other channels. That's the entire point of each and every one of them existing at all. They aren't there to give you unbiased news. They're there to attract a guaranteed audience, so that they can command the strongest advertising in that niche possible. It is ALWAYS slanted. They can't be catering to an audience if it isn't not.

If you're going to get your news from TV, at least don't stick to one channel.

• Members

Well, then you are generalizing and possibly stereotyping yourself. I think he is eloquent, more so than any other candidate. His skin color never even crossed my mind in reference to it. You are the one injecting that.

I'm actually simply working from what I have heard numerous times from people. I've heard a lot of "He's such an eloquent black man." I just want to scream at them "What does being black have to do with that?"

• Members

Right away I think about "the separation of Church and State..."

Thats just a mantra thats been repeated so many times that people think it's real. There is no such phrase anywhere in the constitution.

The idea that that came from was "Congress shall establish no law...", or the First Amendment, meaning that the government did not have the authority to grant nor deny religious freedoms, implying that that right was a divine right granted by Him. The founding fathers correctly deduced that "if we can grant religious rights, then theortically, we could also take them away, so lets just say we won't establish any laws regarding religious freedoms".

But the twisted Left (is there any other kind?) turned it into this bull{censored} "separation" issue that is bought into mostly by morons who haven't spent 10 minutes studying the constitution and have very little knowledge of our country's history and heritage.

But I believe Obama's pastor is one of many who labor tirelessly to keep racism alive and well. As does Jessie Jackoff and Al Sharkton.

• Members

I'm actually simply working from what I have heard numerous times from people. I've heard a lot of "He's such an eloquent black man." I just want to scream at them "What does being black have to do with that?"

Maybe its a rarity that they hear an eloquent black man?:poke:

• Members

Did FOX make it up? Is it a legit story? did the pastor say those things? You can hate FOX but the fact is that its a legit story!

I bet stories off of the Huffington Post, Micheal Moore, Move on. Org or Media Matters are all "ok" in your book right?

Double standard 101

It may be a legitimate story, but this is hardly a legitimate argument. You're comparing a "legitimate" news source with partisan sources that don't claim to be "fair and balanced." I have NEVER heard Michael Moore claim that he was impartial, nor has MoveOn.org EVER claimed to be anything but a liberal outlet.

• Members
So did Bill Clinton and we got NAFTA! My UAW dad was all for him! Now his plant is closed

Great decision for the betterment!!

It may suck for some people, but it's helped a lot of others. I don't necessarily like NAFTA, but it has helped save the US money in some ways. All laws are going to be discriminatory in nature and aren't going to benefit everyone.

Sorry man, but that's the harsh truth of politics. If it benefits the majority, then it will probably get passed.

• Members

Well anyone who says something like that is obviously referencing from a bygone era and are therefore not worthy of mention.

• Members

The thing about Obama is he has lofty ideas he will NEVER implement. This equals nothing more than false promises. Like the "I'll start bringing home our troops Day 1 of my presidency." Yeah, right! Those troops (and the wars in I&A) aren't going ANYwhere!! Just like when President Clinton promised he was going to end the ban on gays in the military. All he got was "don't ask, don't tell." Clinton couldn't change the government and neither will Obama. It's all a bunch on BS -- shame the american public is too stupid to realize this -- they'll vote him in on the idea he's gonna end the war.

• Members

The thing about Obama is he has lofty ideas he will NEVER implement. This equals nothing more than false promises. Like the "I'll start bringing home our troops Day 1 of my presidency." Yeah, right! Those troops (and the wars in I&A) aren't going ANYwhere!! Just like when President Clinton promised he was going to end the ban on gays in the military. All he got was "don't ask, don't tell." Clinton couldn't change the government and neither will Obama. It's all a bunch on BS -- shame the american public is too stupid to realize this -- they'll vote him in on the idea he's gonna end the war.

Obama NEVER said he would bring troops home on day 1. He said he will start within the first 16 months of his presidency. What makes you think anyone else will have their ideas implemented? Hillary wants mandated healthcare, which I think is ridiculous and McCain wants to continue the war. I don't see EITHER of those making it past Congress.

• Members

I think that it has mattered to a lot of OTHER people, and Obama has done a great job of NOT making it a factor. People are forgetting that he graduated from Harvard Law and was editor of the Harvard Law Review (one of the most prestigious legal journals in the nation) before he was in the political circle, and he was black then, as well.

What I find disgusting is the people who say "Oh, he's so eloquent" or "He's so well spoken", because behind that, there's often a twist of "He's so eloquent for being a black man."

So If I said Bush is nOT an eloquent speaker...what would that mean? Racist...becuase he is white he is supposed to speak well?

I've heard your argument before...some guy got in trouble for saying it.

Like now we can't say a black man is "well-spoken"? without you automatically decreeing racism?

wtf is that?

People of all colors are well spoken...or not. Allow me that judgement.

• Members

So, what exactly is "wrong" with that?

You make an empty claim about "people like" this pastor -- that they "inflamate" (I think I know what you're trying to say there) the problems. Do you, then, at the very least acknowledge that the man makes some important points that the vast majority of America -- especially of white America -- is either ignorant of or, worse, refuses to discuss?

If you're not willing to make that concession, then there's really no way to have a conversation with you on this topic regarding either the pastor or Obama.

Peace,

C

• Members

Poeple will attempt to vote him in becasue he:

1)Is black'

2) Makes them feel good.

3) makes them think he is different from other politicians. "A change we can believe in" :rolleyes:

4) hasn't (yet) delved very deep into policy.....so there isn't anything to be wrong on yet. Just "change" and "let's all feel good".

• Members

Let's take a look at a pastor that endorsed John McCain - whose endorsement McCain gladly accepted. This {censored}ing freak thinks hurricane Katrina was caused by a homosexual parade.

[YOUTUBE]zASVwKZglAM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Obama NEVER said he would bring troops home on day 1. He said he will start within the first 16 months of his presidency. What makes you think anyone else will have their ideas implemented? Hillary wants mandated healthcare, which I think is ridiculous and McCain wants to continue the war. I don't see EITHER of those making it past Congress.

Don't try and tell me what I {censored}ing heard him say. Now maybe this "first 16 months" is the revision promise, but I clearly remember a speech from the campaign trail he delivered where he stated the "starting day 1" clause. :rolleyes:

Archived