just wondering...how do you pronounce these amp brands...

Johansolo

• Members

I took spanish in school for 4 years, its may-sa. Don't believe me? Go
and click on the pronunciation thing.

The only NY thing in there is "Fenda." I work in a seafood dept and all I {censored}ing hear is ("Hey, how ya doing. Let me get a pound a dat flounda right der" Its ridiculous.

You are correct.

But stop making fun of how I talk...

Actually, I'm not that bad, and tend to get far more neutral when I'm out of NY and when I'm not talking to my mutha.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No.

Koch is like Loch Ness. But you americans can't say that right?

It's the classic dutch ch sound.

Oh, and if you wanna try something cool, try 'scheve schoenen schuiven scheveningen scheef'.
:thu:

Yep:D My aunt lives in Tiel, so even if I can`t speak Dutch, I KNOW how it sounds :)

• Members
I talk like it too. Its funny, my younger brother attends Notre Dame and everyone there makes fun of his NY accent. I'm sitting there and thinking, what accent? You sound normal to me
:lol:

Haha! Everyone has an accent, they just don't realize it.

• Members
Yep:D My aunt lives in Tiel, so even if I can`t speak Dutch, I KNOW how it sounds
:)

Haha, it sounds weird for a foreigner I think.

@Petejt: Only Dutch and German people can say it correctly, so your youtube vid is irrelevant. Heckler & Koch is also with the classis ch sound, but you dirty minded people always think about cocks so you say it like cock.

I saw a band recently where the guitarist taped 'koch' off in a way that made it look like 'cock'.

• Members

Are you going to be near the city this summer?

My wife and I are flying up for a Yankee game towards the end of June.

I'll be around between June 10th ish and June 21st ish. And if you guys are coming in that time you can be damn sure {censored} is going down.

• Members
How would you folks pronounce this word?

1zzrnzb.jpg

Give it up dude. There is NO point in telling yanks how to pronounce things.
Example.

Take a look at just how badly you guys have been messing up the word:

A L U M I N I U M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...its a wonder you can tie your shoes without causing the earth to stop spinning.

I keed i keeed......:poke:

• Members

haha ...didnt expect this thread to get this long.
i didnt mention bugera as we dont have them yet. we have a dealer who does koch and fuch (and diezel and bogner) stuff but its really pricey!

anways...its funny as when i went on holiday/tour in europe we had some americans/and and we were all giving each other crap...like when playing cards. a yank would say " P-ass" whilst us aussies would say "p-arse"

also i had a vietanames (i think) clasmate whos name was phuc (pronounced F#ck) and was always funny when the teacher did the role call...tehy would pronounce it "phook" and you would hear this guys voice yell out "F#ck!!"

anways he ended up changing his name to peter.

• Members

haha ...didnt expect this thread to get this long.

i didnt mention bugera as we dont have them yet. we have a dealer who does koch and fuch (and diezel and bogner) stuff but its really pricey!

anways...its funny as when i went on holiday/tour in europe we had some americans/and and we were all giving each other crap...like when playing cards. a yank would say " P-ass" whilst us aussies would say "p-arse"

also i had a vietanames (i think) clasmate whos name was phuc (pronounced F#ck) and was always funny when the teacher did the role call...tehy would pronounce it "phook" and you would hear this guys voice yell out "F#ck!!"

anways he ended up changing his name to peter.

Hahaha Shoulda changed it to "Peter" but told everyone it was pronounced {censored}. Just to mess with ppl.

PS - We have Bugera amps over here.

• Members

Hahaha Shoulda changed it to "Peter" but told everyone it was pronounced {censored}. Just to mess with ppl.

PS - We have Bugera amps over here.

just found out a local store has Bugera in perth now...my bad.

might have to go have a play ...its it think its $800 for the 5150 clone and $900-1000 for hte JSX/XXX clone.

Archived