New Alice In Chains recording sessions rig (HUGE PICS)

ericwylde

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you kidding or do you have a good reason for this statement.

My guess is he's referring to noise...and for the most part based on experience I'd agree completely.

But maybe Jer's got some magic mojo...or for that matter maybe both units are just shielded particularly well...

• Members

Repeat after me, putting a high gain preamp just above or just below the power amp in the rig is dumb.

Well,....you be sure to contact Jerry and let him know that. That's probably the reason his tone as sucked all these years.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

• Members

I won't buy the album. I'm a HUGE AIC fan, but they are going back on their word...

They said there would never again be an AIC. The tribute to Layne tour was stretching it, but to keep going and put out an album under the name AIC, IMO is bull{censored}.

Rename the band, we'll all know who you are, but let AIC go in peace with Layne...

• Members

I won't buy the album. I'm a HUGE AIC fan, but they are going back on their word...

They said there would never again be an AIC. The tribute to Layne tour was stretching it, but to keep going and put out an album under the name AIC, IMO is bull{censored}.

Rename the band, we'll all know who you are, but let AIC go in peace with Layne...

I agree.

• Members

How come all the people here hate the Vintage Modern, but the pros seem to love it? :poke:
:cop:

Because they are very easy to make sound like {censored}, but if you dial em in right, they are killer sounding amplifiers. Especially if you boost them.

• Members

IMO, it's Jerry's band. He's the songwriter. He can call it whatever he likes. It's certainly more Alice In Chains than Audioslave was RATM or Soundgarden, or Velvet Revolver is G'n'R.

No, it's not.

Layne wrote most of the material for Tripod, and while Jerry writes some fantastic material, none of the bands you mentioned had the lead vocalist and frontman die - some of them came close, but they're still alive.

Just like how Van Halen without Dave is considered by most, to not be the "true" Van Halen...

The members of AIC should have just decided to rename the band, and let the legacy of AIC go with the ashes of one of the greatest rock / metal vocalists of all time. Sure it is "Jerry's Band" - but, AIC would not have been AIC without Layne, nor should it continue to be.

• Members

yeah...

only 3 preamp tubes...

but 1 tube for the phase inverter, 1 tube for the reverb unit, half tube for the cathode follower

so it has only half tube for gain (1 gain stage) and a lot of diode clipping

the older version was called MHA900

the same about the MAK3000

these amps have a lot of punch from the power section, but they still have that pedal like fizz

a friend of mine loves it for Pantera stuff

http://youtube.com/user/lobsretdef

...what is the riff your buddy is playing? It is bothering me that I can't figure out who it is. :freak:

Archived