Top Boutique Amp(s) For 90's-Modern Rock Tones?

Mr Lucky Pants

• Members

Bad Cat. I've said it time and time again, but the Bad Cat Hot Cat has imho the best sounding heavy-ish dirt of any boutique amp I've ever heard. I doubt I'd use it for metal, but for what you're looking for you'd love it.

• Members

Bad Cat. I've said it time and time again, but the Bad Cat Hot Cat has imho the best sounding heavy-ish dirt of any boutique amp I've ever heard. I doubt I'd use it for metal, but for what you're looking for you'd love it.

That about sums it up -- I was getting some seriously phat-ass tones outta my Hot Cat yesterday. Love that amp.

• Members

I've got a Hot Cat 30 on the way that I won from the 'Bay a few days ago.

I'm looking forward to hearing how heavy it can get! The new Cult album convinced me to snag it.

• Members

Komet concorde, I base my recomendation soley on this clip...never played one......so take it for what it's worth.......

Great call on the Komet! That {censored} is pricey, but gooood. My favourite headshell design ever.

Can't go wrong with a Shiva, especially the EL34 version. Basically any boutique Marshall clone, as that's pretty much what everyone was using before Korn came along and Mesa'd the whole mainstream music scene up.

• Members

hmm, I'm going to have to go with the MAK-3000, dimebags tone on it was sooo weet

even bugera amps are more "boutique" than meteoro :o

expensive != boutique

boutique tube amps don't use hybrid preamp sections

the MAK has only 1 tube gain stage and a lot of diode clipping (it's based on the MHA2000, which is JCM 900 copy with 6550's)

Archived