What graphic should I put on my new amp chassis?

JamesPeters

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's where I'm sitting on the issue so far:

The bike is awesome. What's more scary than a velociraptor chasing you? A velociraptor on a bike chasing you, that's what! I think we can all agree to that.

The halo is classic, timeless. 'nuff sed. (Or, as a wise man once said, "a raptor without a halo is like a car without an above-ground plumbing system".)

I was thinking along the lines of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, putting both together. Then I looked at the image in the size intended for the chassis. The bike makes the image look a bit "busy" and it's not as easy to tell it's a raptor anymore. The halo does work though.

And...for a shirt, the raptor on the bike (with or without halo) would work because it'd be much larger of course.

So I'll probably use the raptor with the halo image for the amps, and get shirts made with the raptor on the bike (possibly with a halo).

• Members

The bike makes the image look a bit "busy" and it's not as easy to tell it's a raptor anymore.

Have you tried messing with the line width on the bike? Thinner lines for the bike might help bring the raptor out a bit. Right now, the heavy lines are definitely screwing up the balance of that particular image, IMO.

The bike form is simple and obvious enough that you might be able to go really thin on the line width, still have it read easily as a bike, but also accentuate the Holy Raptor that is cruising on it, basically push the bike back a little. What does it look like if you reduce the bike line width to something like the width of the raptor's "ankle"? It might work better, visually.

-chris

• Members
Have you tried messing with the line width on the bike?

Well if someone's going to get it tattooed on himself, I may just be "forced" to use the raptor on the bike image. So I'll mess around with it some more tonight and see how it works.

...and here I thought I was ready to submit the chassis files to the fabricator...oh well, what's one more day. :)

• Members

So I'll mess around with it some more tonight and see how it works.

You might be able to go really thin on the bike, depending on what size you aim to print it on the chassis.

Here is a super-ghetto quick and dirty thin line test. I just scribbled the bike shape in there, but you can see what thinner lines would get you.

-chris

• Members

You might be able to go really thin on the bike, depending on what size you aim to print it on the chassis.

Here is a super-ghetto quick and dirty thin line test. I just scribbled the bike shape in there, but you can see what thinner lines would get you.

-chris

You know, the more I mess with this image (when I see it in a smaller size, the way it'd be on an amp) the more I realize it's a no-go for the amp itself. If it's a thicker bike frame, it's harder to recognize the shape of the raptor. If it's a thinner bike frame, it looks out of place. I think it's an idea best left for a shirt. Let's leave it at that. The halo however will probably be the way to go for the amp itself.

• Members

You know, the more I mess with this image (when I see it in a smaller size, the way it'd be on an amp) the more I realize it's a no-go for the amp itself. If it's a thicker bike frame, it's harder to recognize the shape of the raptor. If it's a thinner bike frame, it looks out of place. I think it's an idea best left for a shirt. Let's leave it at that. The halo however will probably be the way to go for the amp itself.

Agreed.

Velocirapture is the best pun evar.

Archived