AxeFx WTF!?

v_c

• Members

A 500 MHz, dual-core processor equips the Axe-Fx with more raw compute power than many desktop computers.

A 2GHz Core 2 Duo is like under 100 bucks, and a 3GHz isn't much more. 'moar raw compute power' my ass :cop:

AxeFx is a couple of off-teh-shelf A/D convertors, a crappy $10 processor, and some algorithms. For nearly $2000 :confused:

And a stupid ass waiting list, to hype up the thing for teh idots. If you can't make em quick enough, just sell me teh algorithms for $100 on a CD and we'll see how 'revolutionary' they are compared to Amplitube or some such :cop:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
A 2GHz Core 2 Duo is like under 100 bucks, and a 3GHz isn't much more. 'moar raw compute power' my ass
:cop:

AxeFx is a couple of off-teh-shelf A/D convertors, a crappy $10 processor, and some algorithms. For nearly $2000
:confused:

And a stupid ass waiting list, to hype up the thing for teh idots. If you can't make em quick enough, just sell me teh algorithms for $100 on a CD and we'll see how 'revolutionary' they are compared to Amplitube or some such

and valve amps are sooooooooo modern

shut the {censored} up n00b

• Members

I see there's a lot of experienced users in this thread.

pity the only thing being used is crack

-W

• Members

you arent paying for parts you {censored}ing mongoloid

AxeFx is a couple of off-teh-shelf A/D convertors, a crappy $10 processor, and
some algorithms

Learn to read, you Scott-Petersons-cock-sucking homo {censored}face :mad:

• Members
Don't maek fun of teh Axefx or i'll call you names !!
:mad:

i don't even care about the AxeFX, but I'm tired of the "why does this amp cost $4000, i bet it cost $400 in parts :mad::mad:" nonsense... amp builders pay bills too... as do music stores and other people peripherally involved in getting an amp from the workbench to your bedroom.
if you've got the skills, knowledge, and gumption to make your own digital amp modeler, go ahead, and sell it for a price you deem more reasonable :idea:

• Members
A 2GHz Core 2 Duo is like under 100 bucks, and a 3GHz isn't much more. 'moar raw compute power' my ass

AxeFx is a couple of off-teh-shelf A/D convertors, a crappy $10 processor, and some algorithms. For nearly $2000
:confused:

And a stupid ass waiting list, to hype up the thing for teh idots. If you can't make em quick enough, just sell me teh algorithms for $100 on a CD and we'll see how 'revolutionary' they are compared to Amplitube or some such

Not that I'm into the AxeFX's; I've never heard one in person and don't have one planned in my near future. But if there's nothing to them why don't you put something better together and sell them cheaper? :D

• Members
Not that I'm into the AxeFX's; I've never heard one in person and don't have one planned in my near future. But if there's nothing to them why don't you put something better together and sell them cheaper?
:D

:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Archived