2 reasons why you wish you lived in L.A.

guitarbilly74

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and ppl here are chill as {censored}

Again, are we in the same city? I've never met more self centered {censored}s as the people I've met here...

I don't want to totally bag on LA. I came here 5 years ago because I needed a change, it was definitely good for me. I've gotten to work or hang with the best musicians in the world, that part's been great. But playing gigs here just sucks the high hard one, people at the clubs don't give a {censored}, half hour sets with zero regard for the lineup and the style of music. Acoustic folk chicks followed by death metal, need I say more? The bands that do get a buzz going last a six months tops.

I'll say this, if you work behind the scenes, there's no place like it. If you want to be famous, stay in your home town write some killer songs, and you will be found.

• Members

yeah L.A. is not the best mexican food city. my hometown san antonio takes that honor hands down.

people here are self centered flakes.

cops suck but, i'm not a toker or whatever i give them NO reason to even look at me. i have to admit though if i sat in traffic all day in a cruiser like those dudes, i'd be busting heads too. remember that movie - falling down?

the place has afforded me more opportunities than san antonio though. as far as being here to be famous i agree, no matter where you are the cream rises.

good to see so much texas love though!

• Members

good to see so much texas love though!

hell yeah, I'm moving back to Austin next week!

It's really surprised me that when I told everyone that I'm leaving LA, not one person sounded surprised and asked why, is if I was crazy for leaving... I mostly got either "I don;t blame you", "I'm outta here soon too", or "man I wish my girls family wasn;t here...".

• Members

hell two things i hate about L.A. is i cannot find a good brisket ANYWHERE and i have to buy mesquite at some cork sniffing bbq supply store. i used to go out to my backyard in san antonio and just pick up mesquite off the ground to smoke my 20 lb. briskets. here the only brisket i found was like 3 lbs and "corned".

• Members

Hmmm cheap amps and land of retards or moderately priced amps and affordable living conditions?

Have fun, morons
:thu:

That is not at all true,I lived the first 28 years of my life in Temecula in straight up suburbia and My parents live in Orange county in a 5 bedroom house with a pool and they just bought it for 240,000!! Yes Cali is expensive but this video is 100% full of {censored}!!

• Members
i forgot to mention that after the shoots we have a 6000 square foot studio to practice in for free. the only draw back is that we're surounded by sex toys!
:lol:

You haven't played slide until you've done it using a chrome vibrator.

I'm just sayin'...

• Members

That is not at all true,I lived the first 28 years of my life in Temecula in straight up suburbia and My parents live in Orange county in a 5 bedroom house with a pool and they just bought it for 240,000!! Yes Cali is expensive but this video is 100% full of {censored}!!

That video is absolutely true. While it may be possible to buy reasonably priced houses at the moment, when the houses in that video were sold people were overpaying by a ridiculous amount.

• Members

LA has THE WORST FOOD ANYWHERE!!! Black beans in mexican food, WTF?!?!?

Are you high??

Want Mex? (and not "Tex-Mex", BTW) head into north San Fernando Valley (or Northern Mexico) All ya want.

I can get top shelf anything (Italian, English pub grub, steakhouses, thai, sushi/Japanese, Mex ) in the 818/323/213:wave:

• Members

Are you high??

Want Mex? (and not "Tex-Mex", BTW) head into north San Fernando Valley (or
Northern Mexico
) All ya want.

I can get top shelf
anything
(Italian, English pub grub, steakhouses, thai, sushi/Japanese, Mex ) in the 818/323/213:wave:

my sister-in-law is from mexico, and I haven't had anything here that can come close to her grub, maybe she's just an amazing cook. I also don't dig mexi-cali.

There are some decent thai places. Crap for italian, but I compare that to the north end of Boston, and well, Italy. You can get great steak anywhere. I can't eat sushi (allergic to fish).

So, no I'm not high...

• Members

hell two things i hate about L.A. is i cannot find a good brisket ANYWHERE and i have to buy mesquite at some cork sniffing bbq supply store. i used to go out to my backyard in san antonio and just pick up mesquite off the ground to smoke my 20 lb. briskets. here the only brisket i found was like 3 lbs and "corned".

there's one BBQ joint I hit that's pretty bad ass, Dr. Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ. It's on Sepulveda in Van Nuys, close to Panorama City (kinda in the barrio, may not want to go there at night...).

• Members

LA wishes what chicago is.

Chicago has great food everywhere, yes even mexican. There's a {censored}ing ton of em here :cop:
I can think of atleast 6 pro sports teams, we enjoy lots of shows, the bigger bands frequently come through here.

we still have beaches, granted there not as nice, but they're there. Lots of cool guitar shops.

There's so much {censored} to do in chicago, and if you're smart enough, it's pretty easy to dodge traffic :idea: (but when you're stuck in it, you're {censored}ed)

• Members

Chicago has great food everywhere, yes even mexican. There's a {censored}ing ton of em here
:cop:
I can think of atleast 6 pro sports teams, we enjoy lots of shows, the bigger bands frequently come through here.

we still have beaches, granted there not as nice, but they're there. Lots of cool guitar shops.

There's so much {censored} to do in chicago, and if you're smart enough, it's pretty easy to dodge traffic
:idea:
(but when you're stuck in it, you're {censored}ed)

Two of my best friends here are from Chicago and they like L.A. better :cop:

• Members

Chicago has great food everywhere, yes even mexican. There's a {censored}ing ton of em here
:cop:

There's so much {censored} to do in chicago, and if you're smart enough, it's pretty easy to dodge traffic
:idea:
(but when you're stuck in it, you're {censored}ed)

17 year old opinions on the location their parents chose to live are not valid :cop:

• Members

LA is not the hell that LA haters make it out to be. Neither is it the paradise on earth LA lovers make it out to be. It's another place to live, with certain unique attributes. There's a ton to like, such as music, plenty of stuff to do, weather, and so on. There's also a ton to hate, such as traffic, cost of living, weather (I LOVE winter), and so on.

Bottom line - it's a big city, with all of the perks and problems that comes with.

• Members

I used to go to LA for business a lot and I'll admit it, hot stuck up girls everywhere, great places to eat, killer music stores, awesome weather most of the time, only problem is - if you drive it takes a day to get anywhere in downtown traffic. I've also never seen more crazy people walking around BEING crazy in one city ever in my life, ok maybe New York...still.

• Members

BAck to the original topic...

as of right now...

Marshall Amp - JCM2000 - DSL 201 - $150 (Santa Monica, West L.A.) (Busted but fixable?)

Crate Head Stealth All Tubes - $125 (Valencia)

Steve Vai Carvin Legacy Half Stack Tube Amp - $800 (Hollywood

1979 Mesa Boogie MarkIIB - $600 (burbank)

1980's TUBE Marshall JCM 800 Lead Series 2210 -$500 - $500 (Los Feliz)

JCM900 MARSHAL HEAD MKIII - $500 (DIAMOND BAR)

- B-52 Amplifier AT-100 HEAD - $350 - (Melrose and Highland)

Peavey Classic 50 tube amplifier And 115e Cabinet - $539 (Hollywood)

Archived