OT: Vince Young sucks at life

sleewell

• Members
If hes Clinically depressed, thats a different thing all together and I wouldnt bag on him for that or anyone for that matter..

Did I miss that somewhere? If so, a big apology to everyone..

Honestly I'm not sure. I think the news is blowing this out of proportion at an alarming rate.

So far his Mom was looking for him after the game, couldn't find him so she called the coach who basically put out an APB on the dude.

They found him at a friend's house just hanging out.

In summation, he may be depressed, but most of the nonsense in the media has been fabricated or have come from his Mother. :idk:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Knowing what to expect and acutally experiencing it are two different things. Come talk to me when millions of people are breathing down your neck and ridiculing you.

It comes with the territory Shea, Ive experienced it in a smaller way in my own business. When your on, youre the hero, when youre off, youre the goat. If you cant handle the times when youre the goat, you fail... This is nothing new to the professional athlete or even bigtime college athletics, or Musicians etc...

• Members

I just don't get it. I mean, everyone's allowed their opinion...but why is it acceptable for a new Mother or a teenager(ESPECIALLY) to have clinical depression, but if a Lawyer, or a Musician, or an Athlete, or ANYONE successful has it...it's unacceptable because they're a success in 1 part of their life, so they should suck it up and be happy. I don't know. Whatever.

this

• Members

It's Ricky Williams all over again. Never draft someone from Texas that high every again, they turn out to be flakes.

Actually I think those are way different situations.

For starters, Ricky Williams did pretty well in the NFL. You might even say he excelled (it's borderline).

Ricky Williams lost interest in football. Everyone bagged on him for marijuana, but Ricky was also interested in philosophy, traveling, yoga, and many other things in life. Football is not/was not Ricky's only interest in life. Of course, everyone concentrated on the marijuana but there was a lot more to it. He also has social anxiety disorder.

The problem with Ricky is that he forgot he was signed to an NFL deal and couldn't just go and pursue all of those other things in life.

I'm a bit of a Ricky Williams apologist, I happen to like the guy. I met him just before he started his rookie season down in Miami before the Super Bowl (in 1998 maybe?) and I can tell you that he is a very intelligent yet eccentric dude.

Now if you want to talk about more Texas busts...let's talk Cedric Benson.

• Members
Actually I think those are way different situations.

For starters, Ricky Williams did pretty well in the NFL. You might even say he excelled (it's borderline).

Ricky Williams lost interest in football. Everyone bagged on him for marijuana, but Ricky was also interested in philosophy, traveling, and many other things in life. Football is not/was not Ricky's only interest in life. Of course, everyone concentrated on the marijuana but there was a lot more to it.

The problem with Ricky is that he forgot he was signed to an NFL deal and couldn't just go and pursue all of those other things in life.

I'm a bit of a Ricky Williams apologist, I happen to like the guy. I met him just before he started his rookie season down in Miami before the Super Bowl (in 1998 maybe?) and I can tell you that he is a very intelligent yet eccentric dude.

Now if you want to talk about more Texas busts...let's talk Cedric Benson.

I was cheering for Ricky :D

{censored}, stay in the NFL, destroy his body like most other skilled players, be constantly in the public's eye, nonstop workouts etc..... or travel abroad and get baked.

I know which one I'd choose :lol:

The NFL is a corporation that will {censored} over it's players to make money. I don't see why the players can't return the favor. :thu:

• Members
I didn't read the article (time being very low for me right now), but based on what's being said I can kind of relate a bit to what Vince might be going through.

It's one thing to get to that level, but nobody wants to feel like they might be the next big bust/Ryan Leaf, disappointing all your teammates, fans, and family.
:o:(

Oh give me a break Atlas...

• Members

You completely missed the point Shea, like by miles....

He gets paid to play a game dude and what he gets paid is more than winning the {censored}ing lottery in alot of cases, a game... think about that..

I have taken cab rides here in the city with drivers from russia/india who were MD's/Dentists/engineers that couldnt work in this country in the field that they trained in and I never heard them bitch about it and If anyone had a right to complain, it was them...

+1

he is living a DREAM that many many many kids AND adults have. If the reality of it is that ts a grueling and taxing job, well, he has the choice of getting out at any time. He is blessed enough to be in a financial position where he CAN pick up and go. Most people who are miserable with their craft, cannot do that...

• Members
Oh give me a break Atlas...

Which kneecap? :confused:

:D

Okay... I didn't intend to come off so much like "poor, poor Vince." :D

But I meant I can understand being frustrated enough to say something stupid in the heat of the moment if he felt he had let down his team, fans, and mainly family, which is probably what was happening. I'd give almost anything to fail at that level since I'd still have the initial megabucks, but I can also still see myself saying something stupid out of frustration at the wrong time.

Cool Tanner pic, BTW.

• Members

So only the poor have the right to whine and complain?

That depends on what your whining about.

Coupel kids...spouse leaves you for a upgrade model...doing your DAMNDEST to make ends meet and be a parent....

NOW THAT'S {censored}ING HARD TO HANDLE.

I know the life of an athlete isn't always as glamourous as we might think....but When you've put yourself...or maybe just had some good fate....in position to pay your bills, hire a pool cleaner, housekeeper, personal assistant, buy a nice car or two or four....etc etc whatever..

well it sure can make life a little funner....doncha think? DOes it make you aperfect human being with a perfect life....no of course not. But count your godman blessings....be appreciative. DO YOUR {censored}ING JOB. Or like Kage says....get out. Don't whine. Don't threaten us with your demise. Step away and immerse yourself in the life of the little people.

• Members
+1

he is living a DREAM that many many many kids AND adults have. If the reality of it is that ts a grueling and taxing job, well, he has the choice of getting out at any time. He is blessed enough to be in a financial position where he CAN pick up and go. Most people who are miserable with their craft, cannot do that...

Aaaha. So all of this negates the way he feels? Awesome. :lol:

• Members

Im not seeing him qhine publicly... Its his Mom doing the talking.

Knowing what to expect and acutally experiencing it are two different things. Come talk to me when millions of people are breathing down your neck and ridiculing you.

yeaaaaah but dont you t hink that assuming that he is reacting to "people are breathing down your neck and ridiculing you" the same way that you would? some people get off on that {censored}, or use it as motivation. you are assuming just as much as the people you are talking {censored} to here.

• Members

Haha, depression: The common cold of the psychiatric realm. The majority of people will get it sometime in their life and if they are strong-willed they can brush it off. It is a damned-fool thing to kill yourself over.

There are a lot of worse things out there.

EDIT: It's more like 25 percent of people, not that majority.

Archived