Guy says I ripped him off because the Tiny Terror I sold him was a "Test Model"

Devinstation

• Members

tiny terror... test model...worth $100

Yeah, he's probably talking about his penis. Just disregard the msg

HAHAHA

I got no call back after he called Orange ... wonder why.

I told him he needs to find a new tech ... and that his might be mentally retarded.

Then I added "Unless you are trying to screw with me, in which case you'd be the retarded one!" Then I did that awkward joking laugh where he knows I'm dead serious.

As for the bias thing, that was just a shot in the dark as to why the tubes died, I had ZERO issues with the amp, in fact it was a nice amp I just need mah cleans (now I have a Fender Bassman).

And this was a local sale sparked via craigslist but I knew the kid from high school. It goes without saying he knows nothing about gear, because no one of any amount of sense would buy that BS from a tech. without calling Orange first (the obvious thing) or would try to pull that BS on me who he knew was slightly knowledgeable about the equipment I own.

But seriously ... a test model???

I am calling him today to follow up on everything.

• Members
HAHAHA

I got no call back after he called Orange ... wonder why.

I told him he needs to find a new tech ... and that his might be mentally retarded.

Then I added "Unless you are trying to screw with me, in which case you'd be the retarded one!" Then I did that awkward joking laugh where he knows I'm dead serious.

As for the bias thing, that was just a shot in the dark as to why the tubes died, I had ZERO issues with the amp, in fact it was a nice amp I just need mah cleans (now I have a Fender Bassman).

And this was a local sale sparked via craigslist but I knew the kid from high school. It goes without saying he knows nothing about gear, because no one of any amount of sense would buy that BS from a tech. without calling Orange first (the obvious thing) or would try to pull that BS on me who he knew was slightly knowledgeable about the equipment I own.

But seriously ... a test model???

I am calling him today to follow up on everything.

So in other words, there is no such thing as a so-called test model that you are aware of? Where did you get the amp?

• Members

So in other words, there is no such thing as a so-called test model that you are aware of? Where did you get the amp?

From a Forumite on here, which I also told the guy I sold it too.

He sent it to me in the retail box HE bought it in, with the price tag still on the box.

And according to the rep. at Orange, "There is no such things as test-models, and if we did make them we wouldn't sell them."

Archived