Poll: The Meanest, Nastiest, most Brutal Amp.

Chrisjd

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

im basing my opinion off of the amps i HAVE played from the list, which comes down to only about a third of them, so im gonna have to vote for my Krank Rev. Its downright brootal when you get the eq right, and with a boost i feel like im in deathmetal heaven :lol::thu: it is a completly under-rated amp IMO.

• Members

i dont know how the ampeg isnt up there. or the dsl/tsl.

Agree especially for the price.. Mine sounded so good in stereo awesome cleans and mid gain tones when boosted.. The high gain somewhat Engl like.. I wouldnt mind finding another if cheap enough until i have the funds for a blackmore..

• Members

Title says it all. Which amp has the most snarl, growl, and overall the meanest and most evil voicing?

I forgot to add in the 5150, Nitro and a few others, but I was limited to 10 amps.

The Recto...if the operator can dial it in right.

With the way most people are, that's a pretty big "if".

• Members
You put a Meteoro and a Mako up on your poll, which pretty much NOBODY except for a hand full of people on here have touched, but you forget to put up a 5150?

I hate to say this dude since I like ya, but....FAIL!

I always like these polls where half the amps don't even feature on any metal albums really known for there tone:facepalm:

dinos modded marshall kills them all :thu:

• Members

As far as sounding out right evil !

1. Cobra
2. 5150

I have owned a bunch of other amps that had brootal qualities to them but not as evil sounding.

The Nitro and Peters Chimera had really cushing powerful lowend.

The Nitro had this knock you on your as type of sound going on at high volumes with the band when I tried it at practice.

I never got to try the Chimera live though so it may have been just as crushing for all I know.

The ENGL Savage was pretty mean sounding but not as evil as the Cobra and not as much lowend.

PowerballFireball sounded scooped and processed to me. To digital sounding to be mean enough at high volumes.

• Members

Definitely an Engl!

(with an EQ)

Well, I'd say it's from what I've played, that I think best answers the poll question.

Otherwise I'd say a Mako or Peters Chimera.

And although this might not seem right, there's definitely something magical about the 'nasty, aggressive complex saturated crunch' of a Mark series Mesa/Boogie, which I reckon is something that nearly all of the amps in the poll list try to achieve- and do but in different ways and flavours.

Archived