Poll: The Meanest, Nastiest, most Brutal Amp.

Chrisjd

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You put a Meteoro and a Mako up on your poll, which pretty much NOBODY except for a hand full of people on here have touched, but you forget to put up a 5150?

I hate to say this dude since I like ya, but....FAIL!

I am getting it changed brah.

• Members

For downright nastiness, I voted Peters Chimera, but the Nitro is right there. It depends on if you want a more balanced voicing (Chimera) or a mid-focused voicing (Nitro).

The Cobra is a great amp, as is the PB, but I find their distortion to be more refined than the Peters or Splawn - not a bad thing, mind you. The VHT is brutal in a different way - it is refined and composed, but is less of a meat grinder and more of the "steel fist in the velvet glove".

• Members

I voted Recto......the most disrespected amp......but I have achieved and have heard alot of others achieve wicked live tones out the amp..I always received major accolades on the brutalz when I played out...it may be common place and abundant....but it packs a punch.....and I've tried most of the beloved amps on this board.....

• Members

The Cobra is a great amp, as is the PB, but I find their distortion to be more refined than the Peters or Splawn - not a bad thing, mind you. The VHT is brutal in a different way - it is refined and composed, but is less of a meat grinder and more of the "steel fist in the velvet glove".

I like it!

Archived