What amp has the most lowend/punch?

Chrisjd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Way different to what people are saying... but ive read the Ashdown Fallen Angel amps had a stupid amount of bass... Haven't played one though
:o

Very very very true.

I had one of those and it really does have dumb amounts of low end.

My 40 watt el84 combo version {censored}ed up my house by itself. I have no idea what one of 100w versions boosted and cranked would sound like but it would probably destroy babies/small animals in a 100 meter radius.

• Members

I would have made a poll but realized that I couldn't fit in enough amps to make people happy.

So, which amp has the most lowend/punch. You know, that bass register that travels through the wall, floor, and your body.

My vote is Framus Dragon by far.

Ampeg SVT ... in the sixties I play rhythm through one with a Rickey 360-12

Back when you could smoke in clubs it would move ashtrays off tables for 15 feet.

• Members

Yeah I'll put my "punch" in your mom's "low end":thu:

But seriously.

Cranked DSL100, deep switch engaged, channel A, crunch mode, TS808 boost, VHT fb412 = the most {censored}ing ridiculous, heart-stopping, bowel-moving low end thump you could possibly imagine. My Dual Recto and my 5150s couldn't even touch my DSL in that department.

But I vastly prefer the tone of the 5150 and recto.

• Members

The most low end punch I've ever personally heard from an amp comes from the Mesa Mark series. Mark IIC+, Mark III and Mark IV all have it. They are incredibly percussive amps when you palm mute.

quoted for tr00f.

I had to turn my bass down to zero, and it still had huge, lowend punch.

and another vote for the VHT CL/UL. With the bass/resonance fairly low, it still has a huge, tight, punch.

Archived