O/T: rant

petejt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
about kankles... well... you should probably take one for the team and just give it to her one time. it doesn't sound like she'll want anything more from you.... LOL.

"Kankles"- HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! love it! :lol:

Man I was getting teased about that when I was telling my mates about it the next night! The thing is even if I could lower myself to that level, you'd have to roll her in flour to find the wet spot, then slap her thigh to ride the wave in....... :freak:

That day when we were out in the field, that morning before the crash, she kept telling me to come along with her and gang up with the other geos, a big "geo gang" etc. I tell ya right now, although I'm a geologist myself, I NEVER hang around with a bunch of geos after work! I know I'm weird myself in my own way but the others just spook me! I don't mind hanging around one or two geos but only if there are people from other professions in the group, e.g. drillers, fieldies, chefs, botanists, administrators, hot archaeologists ;) .

And then after the crash, she kept ganging up with the new senior geo whose room happens to be right next door to mine, so I could never go back to my room until way after she'd leave his porch................ :facepalm:

• Members

one of my mate was a serveyor and he told me that every body up there uses heaps of drugs and {censored}

No one that I know that works up there uses drugs, thank goodness. You'd get busted for that {censored} easily too. They're pretty tough on all that.

What it might be instead that those that work up there, get stuck on all that crap when they come down for R&R and go hit Northbridge....the Rise or Paramount or down in the Bog/The Rock early in the morning before sunrise. I stay right away from all that, can't stand it at all.

• Members

LOL! you had to take the long way home cause she was on the porch!!! LOL. Avoiding her is just enabling her man.... and i know you don't want to be a dick... and i know it's easier said then done... but you just gotta tell her to beat it. Not cause she's fat... but she just needs to give you your space (no pun intended... lol).

I feel you on the walking lightly with chicks at work thing. Just make sure you really like someone before going after them if you have to see them everyday... HAHA. Running through the office girls is not the best idea. When i'm not on tour i play at a church and i know married guys (that work at the church) that will cheat on their wives with congregation members!!! it's messed up period... but if you're going to cheat then do it far away from home and far away from your JOB. Losing money over a girl is stupid... especially when there's so many girls out there.

• Members
up north somewhere its really {censored}ed up if you dont use drugs the outcast you they cut the brakelines on his landcruiser and steal his stuff and all that

people up there are {censored}ed up

{censored} that's {censored}en horrible mate. REALLY bad.

Do you know exactly where it was?

The worst I've heard is at Rio's Yandi (Yandicoogina) mine but that's just a big immature bitchy schoolyard :facepalm: .

• Members
I feel you on the walking lightly with chicks at work thing. Just make sure you really like someone before going after them if you have to see them everyday... HAHA. Running through the office girls is not the best idea. When i'm not on tour i play at a church and i know married guys (that work at the church) that will cheat on their wives with congregation members!!! it's messed up period... but if you're going to cheat then do it far away from home and far away from your JOB. Losing money over a girl is stupid... especially when there's so many girls out there.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)
You see I'm not going to settle down for at least another 10 years, even though I am a family man at heart and a gentleman, so I just want to enjoy what's in the present. Yeah, it's definitely tricky with office chicks. There's only one real office chick that I like (most of our women work in the field anyway)- in fact I will reveal something- half the reason I took the satellite phone that day was just so I could ring up the office down in the city and have a chat to her while in the field!
I don't cheat with anyone. I go from one person to the next, unless both would be comfortable with the, situation. But yeah it sucks when you get drawn to the chicks at work, or the chicks at work are already messed up and cause hell for you.

• Members

OH MY {censored}ING GOD...

wthsfr.jpg

Speak of the demon, I just got a text message from her (I NEVER should have given her my mobile phone number).

"Are you keen on contributing to a cartons shout next stint?"

Ok to you guys that might seem harmless, but what that means is, 'do you want to have some drinks with me?'

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk offfffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the {censored} should I share in shouting the camp some cartons of beer just for her? What the hell did I do, apart from saving our lives? If I didn't get her out of that ute and drinking water to calm down, she'd be bloody dead and I'd pay for it, that's if I wasn't dead by her rolling the car in the first place.

And anyway I always share my cartons with people, so why make it a special occasion?

I gotta find a way to block her number from my phone.

• Members
What kind of geology are you doing out there? Mining?

(I'm sorta in the business myself, I'm a geophysicist in the oil patch)

Iron ore exploration. We're gearing towards proving up a 1.6 billion tonne resource, and hopefully sus out what made it that way. The geochemistry is through the roof, that's what makes it tricky otherwise just general stratigraphy, mineralogy and sedimentology. The odd dolerite dyke pops up now and then. Most of it consists of RC drilling logging. A bit of diamond logging, and interpretations and resource modelling of course. And finally some mapping too!

It is pretty cool stuff, when you get your head round it you start to see the palaeo-geomorphology in your head, and I find that a very cool thing. :cool:

• Members
Iron ore exploration. We're gearing towards proving up a 1.6 billion tonne resource, and hopefully sus out what made it that way. The geochemistry is through the roof, that's what makes it tricky otherwise just general stratigraphy, mineralogy and sedimentology. The odd dolerite dyke pops up now and then. Most of it consists of RC drilling logging. A bit of diamond logging, and interpretations and resource modelling of course. And finally some mapping too!

It is pretty cool stuff, when you get your head round it you start to see the palaeo-geomorphology in your head, and I find that a very cool thing.
:cool:

This is gonna sound stupid but are you exploring in a sedimentary basin?

I don't know *{censored}* about minerals exploration...I thought it was all hard rock but you mentioned sedimentology.

• Members
yeah i found it not bad ay
:)
but doesnt it suck when theres 1 hot chick and like 10 guys after her
:mad:
.hey ive got a rackmount kit already for the mark 4
:)

Yeah definitely it does suck, that's why I was annoyed being stuck out there with Kankles, cockblocked both by her and the heap of guys stealing my thunder back at camp!

congrats again on the MarkIV. :thu:

• Members
This is gonna sound stupid but are you exploring in a sedimentary basin?

I don't know *{censored}* about minerals exploration...I thought it was all hard rock but you mentioned sedimentology.

Well, yeah it is mostly hard rock but there's a lot of regolith stuff involved as well as diagenesis and hypogene/supergene geochemical processes that come into play. It's {censored}ed up I tell ya, but in a GOOD way :thu: . The rocks are so {censored}ed up that they're full of iron! :)

Proterozoic Banded Iron Formation is the major host rock. Then heaps of weird stuff happened that got rid of the silica and more iron precipitated. Then there's also later enrichment as well as Channel Iron Deposits and detrital material accumulated and later altered to form more deposits.

We have a consultant geophysicist, but also a contract geophysical logging service that does the gamma & density logging of the drill holes, I think they use cadmium-60 as the radiation source. We mostly use it to correlate & help define the stratigraphy.

Here's a shot of the mineralisation boundary in outcrop.

2vcfj86.jpg

• Members

yeah its like at my work bout 5 hot chicks and about 50 guys after them.i hope the mark 4 is a short combo.are you on break at the moment?

yup I'm down here until next Wednesday but I'll be busy, got some refresher first aid courses Friday ({censored} I better get some sleep!), Xmas shopping Saturday, another work appointment Monday and the real estate agent is inspecting on Tuesday so I'll be full up. I wish I had break next week because a mate's band is performing then, I'm gonna miss the gig.

Archived