O/T: rant

petejt

• Members

Wednesday last week, I was working out in the field about 60km from the camp site. Early that morning just before leaving camp, I was told at the very last minute that I had to take one of the new geos out with me. Since I had worked with her and trained her a bit for a few days during the last month, I had no problem with it.....

Some backstory......

She's intelligent, easy to get along with, and eager to work (on the surface....)

She is extremely obese, seriously she's like the blue ribbon prize hog at the local fete, with ham hocks for ankles & like a big potato on matchsticks. You could imagine her with an apple stuck in her mouth while lying on a silver platter on the dining table. It is VERY strange that she managed to pass her medical to work in arid remote area.......... T

But the most {censored}ed up thing is she's messed up in the head...

She was making pizzas for several months before getting this job, for starters....

I was way too friendly with her to start off with. I couldn't help it, I'm friendly to everyone, everyone. At one point it seemed like she was trying to hit on me, kept giving me weird glances, asking if I was on Facebook, calling out to me really loudly from across the yard, asking me to sit near her on the bus to the airport when there were other seats, and more weirder stuff......

Also she admitted that another guy freaked out when he thought that she was trying to hit on him..

ok, back to that day, Wednesday last week..

All through the day she kept talking about other people that we work with and their issues, saying that one had trust issues and another lacked confidence. I kept getting the vibe that she was talking about herself. Then I could clearly see that she was a loose cannon and crazy up there in her head....bloody loopy..

I was driving the vehicle, a {censored}house gutless Nissan Patrol trayback ute that we had on trial, because they were cheaper than the common garden (but reliable) Toyota LandCruiser. I was driving across headlands and station tracks, rough ground riddled with potholes and washouts & bulldust and gravel. I don't have a lot of experience with four-wheel driving, but I have enough to get by, and accredited as well.

In the afternoon I had to scout a drillhole location from the northern side, since the access from the southern side was not possible. That meant I had to go back to the main road, go up a good 45km then come across eastwards along a station track and then southwards towards the location. I would take at least a few hours, and getting lost was a big risk.

That evening, was barbecue night, which I was looking forward to chatting up one of the hot chicks there (yes she's the one with the browny-hazel eyes dressed like a cat in the 'HCAF official random pictures of girls on Facebook/Myspace" thread).

I thought to save time doing the job the next day or after, I'd do it that afternoon, on my own.

That was a BIG mistake.......

So, after we finished early that afternoon, around 2pm-ish, I drove the vehicle (with the messed-up one) to scout the location. We travelled a long way, tracking it with the GPS and after getting very lost, I decided that the road was too {censored}house to drag $2 million dollars worth of machinery along it where it'd probably get bogged anyway in the sand ridge, so said we'd go back to camp. But after driving for so long, I was too tired.

If I was on my own, I would have rested for half an hour, called up site on the 2-way radio or the satellite phone that I brought along just in case, and told them I'd be a bit late.

I still should have done that, rather than just hand the wheel over to the crazy blubber-wobbler.

But I thought "hey? she's a geo just like me, we all should be capable of our tasks".

So we start heading back. After ten minutes we get a flat tyre, which I don't blame her for as it was a very likely thing to occur given the nature of the terrain. We changed it no worries and kept going. It was about 5:30pm.

{censored}ing shambles that it was forgotten that the front axle was not locked back into 4WD......

She's driving at 60km/hr, a bit fast but the ute was so highly geared it wouldn't handle very well at a lower speed. She slowed down a bit for a sharp S-bend, but hit a patch of bulldust. It fish-tailed the ute a bit, and she freaked out so overcorrected it. She ended up swerving near a small tree, which would have been fine if it was run over since it was so small, but she swerved again. Then again she jerked the wheel to avoid another piddly bush on the other side of the windy track.

And the result? The ute swerved right around and rolled over and onto its roof! I reckon her weight was a factor as well.

Once we settled, I quickly looked at myself and her and was bloody glad that we were alive and uninjured, then thought "I KNEW she'd roll the ute!" I unclipped my seatbelt and crawled out through my door, then went into survival mode and instructed her to do so and follow me away from the ute. She started freaking out big time and kept walking towards the ute to retrieve our gear. I kept telling her to drink water so she wouldn't get dehydrated. I got hold of the satellite phone and rang up the campsite to mayday for help. The radio was buggered since the aerial was crushed.

After repeated attempts I got hold of help and they were on their way. I'm still surprised how calm and confident I was. I was more pissed off that I'd be too late to the bbq and would miss out chatting up that hot chick!

The GPS was stuffed and out of power, but we managed to get it going by using the batteries out of her camera. It only ran on half power but that was enough. Since the Emergency Response Team were lost as well, since they only had vague directions of our whereabouts, I finally got the GPS working and could tell them exactly where we were, over the sat phone. The big one had calmed down a little and was making kites out of ribbons and plastic bags to try and help us be seen. She kept saying that we should shelter under the trees but I said we'd just get bitten by snakes, and that lighting a fire for a smoke signal would just get blown out by the wind, or set everywhere on fire and we'd get burnt to a crisp.... The only reason she was calm was because I made sure she kept drinking water, otherwise if she got dehydrated (and just a few days before, she was critically dehydrated from just being at the campsite....) she'd be beyond lunacy.

I was a bit tired and slightly cranky, but more at myself because I was in charge and felt bad that we were lost. She said that she was used to abuse and didn't mind if I yelled at her. That in itself got me annoyed and I told her straight that no one deserves abuse for any reason.

About 8:30pm the ambulance and ERT arrive, thank goodness. They got us back to camp and we had something to eat. Throughout the whole ordeal, I made sure that chick was calm and safe, never mean at all.

They told us to just rest and get a good night's sleep. I was glad that we were both safe and home, so I was ok. She didn't listen and kept worrying all night...

The next morning, the manager and the medic had a discussion with us about the incident. We told them everything that happened that day. The manager and medic gave us some good advice, that our thoughts about the event would change and change again (ie. we'd get angry at each other about the crash), so we should rest of the remainder of the day, just relax, think about it on our own, and just relax more. I followed their advice. She didn't. I just chilled out in my room, did some washing, had a nap- I was happy.

About 4pm someone knocks on my door. I answered it and of all people, it was that big one, the last person I wanted to see. She feebly said "do you want some company?" and I walked outside then just had to say "no I'll be alright thanks, see you later", and walked back inside then shut the door. It annoyed me that she again didn't take their advice. Even if she was worried she could have just rested in her room. She knew she was told to leave me alone for a bit. I had bent over backwards to stay confident and keep her safe, due to what she caused, so we both needed some time apart. Later on I went down to have a beer with some workmates, and while we were sitting there that fat chick had rolled her ankle on FLAT GROUND! she's so damn fat that she can dig holes by just walking along! I rushed over to see what the situation was, was exasperated that she had to be taken on a stretcher and driven off in the ambulance for just 50 feet to the first aid room, and walked away. And it was all because she was sooking and wanted attention!

She ended up on crutches for the next few days.

The next day I had to work in the camp office since I wasn't allowed to go back in the field just yet. I open my email and see this {censored}ed up letter from her, where she said that "I know you're angry with me, annoyed with me" etc. and said all this {censored} about trust and relationships and blah blah and that she'd change crews so she didn't have to work with me. Truly it was bloody loopy. I went over to her and told her that it'd make no difference if she changed crews, because no matter what I'd still have to work with her some time. I spoke to her again for a few times that day, and every time she said that she was happy I was talking to her again. WHAT! THE! {censored}!????

For goodness sake, we were TOLD to chill out on our own for a bit, because of what we went through! I was just relaxing! not avoiding her! I wasn't even that mad at her for crashing the ute, just the whole {censored}ed-upness and all this loopy sooky {censored}e.

I know that I can be a bit under-confident, but she's just completely messed up. I managed to hold myself together, but, {censored} me dead there's too many bloody crazy fat chicks at that work place I tell ya, it's wrong, too wrong....

ugh.......................

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lmao, rolled her ankle on flat ground?
:lol:

But damn, that sucks.
:o
I bet she cock blocked you big time from that hot chick too huh?
:mad:

Yup seriously! I couldn't believe it that she rolled her ankle where it was flatter than a pancake! I walked away and then just had to laugh :lol: .

{censored} even when I was out there with her waiting for the medic to pick us up I was thinking of ringing up mates on the sat phone, since I was a bit amazed how we rolled like that. Although I was glad as {censored} that we were both safe and not hurt, and of course a bit peeved, when I was hanging upside down in the ute I was thinking "this is like on the rides at the show but for free!"

and yeah the biggest thing I was annoyed about was the cock blockage.. :(:facepalm::mad: :mad:

I had been chatting to that chick earlier in the week, but didn't take it too far because I didn't know if she had a boyfriend or not. And at work I tread really carefully when chatting up because you never know now with crazy chicks since there's so many, too many of them up there. One fellow worker already got taken away from site because of another {censored}ed up chick (long story....).

I chatted to her a little bit and she even showed me her Facebook page, but at the time wasn't sure if it would be too forward of me to just add her on.

BBQ nights are good because well they throw on a big bbq and everyone brings their drinks along so it's a bit of a social gathering. Not as big as they used to be but pretty fun. Spirits are banned now unfortunately. So I had a better opportunity to chat up a bit more, and got majorly cock-blocked :mad: .

sucked big time because I found out later that some other bloke was chatting to her for over 2 hours (even though he's engaged). Later on after the crash we were watching Black Adder together on the DVD in the crib room but that was with her two supervisors so I couldn't really do much, except for checking out her tattoo near her hip........

cute chick, HAWT, wears tight jeans, tattoo near her hip (not a skanky tattoo either, very classy), healthy, knows how to drive, her head's on straight, really smart but goofy as well in a cheeky sexy way.

I wish there were more chicks like her up there, and she only comes up there occasionally.

yet the blubbery crazy ones never leave, and keep coming in droves! gah!

• Members

I puked a little.
:facepalm:

try spending all day with her then stuck out in the middle of nowhere after nearly getting killed in a car crash and fearing to keep her warm after dark while getting cock-blocked from chatting up hottie archaeologists..........

and by that I understand you puking...

• Members

nah, no pizza. She was doing that before she joined the company just a month ago. I think she must have ate all the pizzas she made before she left.....

Before pizza job. :o

430601560_462c04f2a3.jpg

After pizza job. :o

uhhuh17.jpg

:eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::eekphil::eekphil:

• Members

where abouts were u? near broome? pilbara?

Yup up in the Pilbara where I work, north of Newman.

That was last Wednesday.

The reason I'm ranting is because in the "Post your dogs" thread I thought I'd be a smart-arse and post a 'cat' picture instead, and by that posting a picture of a hot chick dressed as a cat. But that brought back all the memories, because, that cat chick was the hot archaeo I was supposed to be chatting up that night at the bbq, rather than stuck out in the middle of nowhere possibly killed by some messed-up tombolar.

• Members

man... don't ever hold back because a girl "might" have a boyfriend. if you like her then talk to her and just ask her if she does. If not then tell her you want to take her out. simple and easy.

about kankles... well... you should probably take one for the team and just give it to her one time. it doesn't sound like she'll want anything more from you.... LOL.

• Members

Sounds like your garden variety of neurotic insecure chick, constantly analysing her environment and social relationships and obsessively trying to measure where she stands in regard to everybody around her. The second-guessing and trying to feel you out is just so typical... And overweight isn't a good sign either here. One wonders how they get any work done, in their crazy state of mind.

So many chicks have tentacles that once they get a hold of you, they never let you off the hook

Archived