O/T: rant

petejt

• Members
Well, yeah it is mostly hard rock but there's a lot of regolith stuff involved as well as diagenesis and hypogene/supergene geochemical processes that come into play. It's {censored}ed up I tell ya, but in a GOOD way
:thu:
. The rocks are so {censored}ed up that they're full of iron!
:)

Proterozoic
Banded Iron Formation
is the major host rock. Then heaps of weird stuff happened that got rid of the silica and more iron precipitated. Then there's also later enrichment as well as Channel Iron Deposits and detrital material accumulated and later altered to form more deposits.

We have a consultant geophysicist, but also a contract geophysical logging service that does the gamma & density logging of the drill holes, I think they use cadmium-60 as the radiation source. We mostly use it to correlate & help define the stratigraphy.

Here's a shot of the mineralisation boundary in outcrop.

2vcfj86.jpg

Ok, that makes sense.

We use logging tools too - quite a few more than just gamma and density. And we use them for the same reasons, correlating the stratigraphy.

What I do though is use reflection seismic to fill in the spaces between the boreholes (wells) we log.

One of the locations I picked in our last little drilling program is looking like it might be the best or second best well the company has. Just before bonus time! I'm golden around here for a while (till the next dry hole!).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived