Who does your amp repairs?

MrSandMan

• Members

Yo guys, who do you have do your amp repair and maintenance? I'm writing up an article on Gear-Vault and wanted to pop a plug in for a few good (smaller) shops. Some people, like me, have to ship our amps out because there's nobody local (or anyone we trust).

Anyone know if FJA (Jerry) does amp repair work in addition to his mod work?

• Members

Roy Blankenship of: http://www.blankenshipamps.com/ used to live here and was the Tone-God. I've never spoken to anyone with more knowledge than this cat, and he was a hilarious guy to hang around, too. I cannot overstate how badly it sucks to have a guy this good, reliable, trustworthy, fast and reasonable as a local tech/amp builder at your disposal only a 10 minute drive away from your house one minute and the next minute have absolute BUTKIS locally when he moves to Cali to make his sweet-ass maps full time!

I've gone from having a guru a phonecall away to having to send my {censored} off to Georgia, which I've only had to do once, and I wasn't very impressed with the guy there. FU Roy, for spoiling us rotten only to jump coasts on us! :mad::facepalm:

While we're on the subject, I'd like to hear of some good, reliable alternatives for mail-order map repair.

• Members

Mine is a local music store that is run by professional musicians. Most of the guys were tech's that have been on tour. I trust them with anything I own. I mean if they mess up which is rare they will do it again no charge and they are super nice. They understand you want your amp back quick so they keep you updated.

• Members

Eric White in Evansville, IN. He is the only person that I pay more to than what he asks. I do this because #1. He does great work.

#2. He will hang with you and teach you if you want to know.

#3. He will do it for free if I really didn't have money, because he knows the net time I'll get him back.

• Members

T. Warren here in the Seattle area (Burien/white center to be exact). Great older guy, works out of his house, accepts cash only, dirt cheap repairs and he does incredible work. I have taken 3 amps to him over the last year and he has never taken longer than an hour to work on the amp and I have never had his work fail. Highly recommended. also, no bench fee.

Archived