Is anyone COMPLETELY happy with their rig?

Say Ocean

• Members
Although I can say that I'm much closer today after getting rid of mah EMGs
:love:

After I get a Mills Acoustics 2x12 I should be 90+% of the way there
:thu:

noice

I'm actually kinda stoked to not be spending any more money, I get all the tones I need out of the recto, dsl, 4x12, boost, delay, strat schecter and hamer.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i still want a plexi and a fuzz, and i need more cables. i also want a mak-2 and a custom 7 string, then i think i will be happy for a while. another cab or two, im thinking one 2X12 and another 4X12

then i need to get started on my bass rig, i'm thinking GK Fusion 550 with the matching 4X12 and a bass fuzz.

then i think ill be see until i can find a VHT UL for super cheap.

• Members
i still want a plexi and a fuzz, and i need more cables. i also want a mak-2 and a custom 7 string, then i think i will be happy for a while. another cab or two, im thinking one 2X12 and another 4X12

then i need to get started on my bass rig, i'm thinking GK Fusion 550 with the matching 4X12 and a bass fuzz.

then i think ill be see until i can find a VHT UL for super cheap.

:freak: this is why I'm glad I cured my gas with a cheap rig

• Members
:freak:
this is why I'm glad I cured my gas with a cheap rig

Haha, yeah, I could go on and on about wanting a Mark IV, Cobra, and a Mako, along with a few 4x12s and a custom guitar and :blah: :blah:, but the truth is that I'm perfectly happy with an ENGL Blackmore and a 2x12.

Not that I don't want the other stuff, but I'm not really gasing much for it.

• Members

i just want an amp better suited for the metalz! that and im sure im going to want a step up from my current seven eventually, i want a 2X12 because i want a more portable rig while not being a combo, i want a different 4X12 for different speakers for my recto (greenbacks!)

the plexi just cuz i want an old school marshall to go with my strat for some different stuff. (at least for me)

but i dont plan to sell what i have because i like it a lot and i know i will regret it later, even though i considered it to meet my immediate needs.

• Members
I was pretty happy but still wanted some odds and ends... but {censored} it, I don't need or want {censored}. My tone is great, guitars are fun to play, delay is good, boost is good, that's all I need. Now for better computer recording {censored}...

I'm happy with mine too, but we both know we both need that Thunderverb 50.

But truthfully, I'm really, really happy with mine. It sounds almost how I want it. I just want one more eq (maybe two or three more) and a stereo g-string for loop of both amps.

btw, this is regarding my live sound.

• Members
I was pretty happy but still wanted some odds and ends... but {censored} it, I don't need or want {censored}. My tone is great, guitars are fun to play, delay is good, boost is good, that's all I need. Now for better computer recording {censored}...

Oh nooooooooooo. It's an anti Gas thread. I love my tone but......I will always want more and I'm proud of it :)

• Members

Right now no. I hate my set-up. My bridge pup is completely dead and that's only helped me realize how aweful my neck pup sounds. Happily my SDs will be in tomorrow. Can't wait to slap them in and see how they sound. Oh and I'm upgrading from a mid 90s SS Princeton chorus (nice sounding amp however, just not enough oomph in the band) to a mid 70s Fender Twin (which I'm only getting cuz it's a steal. For the price I'm thinking why not. Even if I hate it, which I doubt, I can turn around and sell it for at least 200 more than I paid.) I'll let you know if I'm happy with all this in the near future!

• Members

I have come to the realization that i have some of the best gear money can buy and i can still make it sound like {censored} on any given day due to my ineptness at my instrument. I think instead of the holy grail tone search i need to do a holy grail playing search at this point and significantly improve my chops. So i guess to answer the question, yes i am satisfied with my rig but i am disgusted with myself :cry:.

• Members

"HAPPY with your rig" = possible. I know I am.

"COMPLETELY HAPPY" = probably damn IMPOSSIBLE!

There's always SOMETHING you wish your rig could do. And if your rig CAN do it ALL; it's so big that you cant haul it around!! ;)

The Randall/Egnater RM4-RT2/50 combination is as close as I know one can get to covering all bases, but the modules arent perfect, plexi's dont sound just like a real plexi..

But even then, wouldnt it be nice if you could stomp in any speaker you wanted? A G12H-30, V30, GB, Alnico, or whatever Eminence you wanted at your toe-tip! :thu:

• Members

Same here, I cant be {censored}ed with tweaking. My sound is still a bit fizzy for my tastes but I cant really be arsed to do anything about it :o I'm thinking of trying some different speakers but thats about it.. I think :o

I just want some decent computer speakers/active monitors now :love:

Archived