Is anyone COMPLETELY happy with their rig?

Say Ocean

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My main amp has been the same since 95.. I have a 2nd head(I got for a steal) which sounds pretty similar to my main deal.. SO I would say Im pretty satisfied with my tone and amp rig.. I've gone through some guitars over the years though.. I wish I didnt, to be honest. I let 2 guitars go, that I still kinda regret getting rid of.. Otherwise the few guitars I have left all have been in my possession for at least 8 years.. I'm satisfied..

• Members

Very happy with my rig yes, completely happy no... I still want to try out powered monitors instead of power amp/cabs, and I'm in the process of upgrading my FCB1010 foot controller... other than that I'm pretty much set amp-wise, but that still leaves a host of GAS guitar-wise. I want a floyded 6 string, a good Strat, a good Tele, and something which will do a passable LP tone without breaking the bank. On top of that I'm interested in trying out an 8-string. And of course I'm still interested in building my custom headless 6 string which should be teh ass-kixorz :evil: I need another bass because I can't do all the stuff I want to on a fretless. And none of this mentions the various pickups I want to try in my gear.

BUT... I'm the happiest I've ever been with my rig, all things considered. :lol::facepalm:

• Members
I was pretty happy but still wanted some odds and ends... but {censored} it, I don't need or want {censored}. My tone is great, guitars are fun to play, delay is good, boost is good, that's all I need. Now for better computer recording {censored}...
:love:

I'm very happy with my guitars and rig. I'm pretty much done unless I stumble upon a great deal.:thu:

• Members
Very happy with my rig yes, completely happy no... I still want to try out powered monitors instead of power amp/cabs, and I'm in the process of upgrading my FCB1010 foot controller... other than that I'm pretty much set amp-wise, but that still leaves a host of GAS guitar-wise. I want a floyded 6 string, a good Strat, a good Tele, and something which will do a passable LP tone without breaking the bank. On top of that I'm interested in trying out an 8-string. And of course I'm still interested in building my custom headless 6 string which should be teh ass-kixorz
:evil:
I need another bass because I can't do all the stuff I want to on a fretless. And none of this mentions the various pickups I want to try in my gear.

BUT... I'm the happiest I've ever been with my rig, all things considered.
:lol::facepalm:

Dude...:poke: Come on... Im betting the Axe-FX has 6 months, tops.. :cop:
I think you have fell victim to the constant gear whoring this forum is so prevalent in showcasing..

• Members

I don't think I'll ever stop tinkering with my rig. I have incredible gear, but I just like trying new things. The number one thing that would make me happy right now is to be able to capture a decent recorded tone. I wish someone would come up with a 2 day seminar on home recording for guitarists.

• Members
Dude...:poke: Come on... Im betting the Axe-FX has 6 months, tops..
:cop:
I think you have fell victim to the constant gear whoring this forum is so prevalent in showcasing..

Well I make no promises. But like I said my main GAS of the now is for guitars...

Amp-wise I'm pretty damn happy and this thing is so friggin variable that I know dead certain that I only have myself to blame if I'm not getting the tones I want. Today I spent a good couple of hours fine-tuning my tone, adjusting a large amount of parameters, trying to get a really in-your-face raspy tone, and eventually I got it, or very close to it. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this thing, but I'm getting better. I have no current amp GAS. At the very least, if I get completely discouraged with my own tweaking efforts, I can bite the bullet and download some of the patches that others have come up with.

• Members
sort of, I'm going to start {censored}ing with Fuzzes, delay, ODs, boosts, and delays now. Oh, and speakers. And I need another cab.

Amp and guitar wise, I'm ok for now.

:lol: This sounds exactly like me. I want another cab, speakers, od's, boosts, fuzz's, reverb, another delay, cables, etc.

But I don't really care. I got what I need and now that I'm starting to jam again and hopefully start playing out again I'll be fine.

Archived