Is anyone COMPLETELY happy with their rig?

Say Ocean

• Members
Aw thanks
:love:

Metal never took over my life, maybe 4 years ago in middle school or something
:o
I do some for fun, (and it really is fun
:love:
) buuut I can't stick to just metal for very long when there's so much out there that does more.

good!

I was stuck on metal for the longest time, it truly affected the way I thought and carried myself from day to day, I developed the whole "metal" mindset, and that was TERRIBLE, it's a terrible way to approach life.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
good!

I was stuck on metal for the longest time, it truly affected the way I thought and carried myself from day to day, I developed the whole "metal" mindset, and that was TERRIBLE, it's a terrible way to approach life.

Oh, I never got caught up in the metal "life stye." I always kinda laughed at the way people dressed and acted at my metal shows :o Music should be heard, not scene :o pun intended :poke:

• Members
that's really not much compared to the stuff that some of the people on this forum own.

True, BUT the CCV is HELL to get, and the Langner gear just keeps getting more expensive.

In all honesty I could be happy with the CCV and my Lynch Box IF I had every module and a few duplicates modded by Pete, and Friedman. I have my favorite SS amp, and access to all the effects I could want. The Splawn and AxeFX would just be icing on the cake. :D

• Members
Oh, I never got caught up in the metal "life stye." I always kinda laughed at the way people dressed and acted at my metal shows
Music should be heard,
not scene
pun intended
:poke:

GAH, I'd go on my rant : D like I did last night, or was that two nights ago.

but I'm so tired right now.

I'm calling it a night.

though, i have a question, what time does school start for you alaska folk in the morning? i'd imagine things are different.

• Members
good!

Just depends on how you LET IT effect you..... I'm a DIE HARD metal fanatic, but I'm a family man, and work at a hospital, where I have to look "respectable" :lol:

• Members

GAH, I'd go on my rant : D like I did last night, or was that two nights ago.

but I'm so tired right now.

I'm calling it a night.

though, i have a question, what time does school start for you alaska folk in the morning? i'd imagine things are different.

{censored}ing 7:30 D:

• Members
True, BUT the CCV is HELL to get, and the Langner gear just keeps getting more expensive.

In all honesty I could be happy with the CCV and my Lynch Box IF I had every module and a few duplicates modded by Pete, and Friedman. I have my favorite SS amp, and access to all the effects I could want. The Splawn and AxeFX would just be icing on the cake.
:D

I think I'd be satisfied with your list of things you'd be satisfied with as well : D

I mean, that's.. just-truly any tone you could ever want.

• Members

I've probably had the same basic setup for five years now (wow, now that I think about it). Tele>>OD>>JMP

That's not to say I haven't added and subtracted some supplementary things over time, but the basics have stayed steady and I'm perfectly content. I don't have any money to spend on equipment right now and it doesn't even slightly bother me.

Yeah, like everyone else, there's a giant list of stuff I wouldn't mind having if I were to have some disposable income,
but it's not necessary for me to play music

:thu:

This is key. I am actually very happy with my rig, though there are some things I'd still wanna get eventually. But its really important for us to realize that if you have a working rig, you can make music and perform live with it even if its not your ideal rig. If your songs are good and you play well and can dial in your equipment no one is really gonna care that you're not playing through [insert dream rig here]. Just think of your favorite band and picture them using lesser gear than normal. But playing the same songs just as well and with a decent mix. Now pretend you've never heard that band till now with said gear. Do you think you'd like them that much less if everything else were the same? I wouldn't. I enjoy good tone as much as anyone on here, but if the musicians/band/songs suck who cares? Playing the gear you want can definitely be the icing on the cake. Its just that its important to keep focused on your playing and music as well.

• Members

Can I see your collection of pedals?

zvex fuzz factory

mxr blue box

digitech synth wah

dunlop 535q

line 6 fm4

fulltone fulldrive 2

mxr dist III

boss ps5

digitech digidelay

ernie ball volume pedal

bbe free fuzz

dano octave up fuzz

digitech bad monkey

mxr micro amp

mxr phase 90

boss tremolo

rotovibe

dano eq

boss ge7

boss ns2

ibanez de7

ibanez ts9

boss sd1

ehx microsynth

ehx small stone

boss bf2

boss rv5

whammy IV

russian big muff

digitech main squeeze

thats close to all of them, there's a few more i can't remember. i only keep about 10 on my board.

• Members

zvex fuzz factory

mxr blue box

digitech synth wah

dunlop 535q

line 6 fm4

fulltone fulldrive 2

mxr dist III

boss ps5

digitech digidelay

ernie ball volume pedal

bbe free fuzz

dano octave up fuzz

digitech bad monkey

mxr micro amp

mxr phase 90

boss tremolo

rotovibe

dano eq

boss ge7

boss ns2

ibanez de7

ibanez ts9

boss sd1

ehx microsynth

ehx small stone

boss bf2

boss rv5

whammy IV

russian big muff

digitech main squeeze

thats close to all of them, there's a few more i can't remember. i only keep about 10 on my board.

Holy {censored}. Anything decent you wanna sell?

• Members

i'm pretty happy with my rig and my guitars.

sometimes i will start thinking maybe i might want a different amp, that's only if i havent played mine for awhile- i'll play it for a bit, then by the time i'm done i always think 'i dont need any other amps-im happy with this one-lol

i think it will sound better with some G12H30s mixed with my V30s though,and i need a decimator G-string pedal,and a pedalboard for some of my pedals

i like my guitars :idk:

• Members

My Rockerverb 100 is pretty sick. I could always get a bassman or a Reeves but I'd be very satisfied if this was the last amp I owned.

Guitars: Yeah, I need an SG Standard and a Les Paul.

Pedals: A Decimator G string would satisfy me. And maybe that pigtronix delay:love:

Overall, when I plug in right now I love my tone and the Eclipse is not too bad to play. I'm far from :facepalm:ing when I hear myself.

• Members

completely satisfied :):):)

i cant get enough of the gear i still own! lovin it

the only thing i would buy in addition to this would be an axefx ultra just to have something to play around with, add as companion guitar tones, etc

next step is upgrading the ol electronic drum kit...but that's not a guitar rig now is it ;)

Archived