What are the best speakers for the 6505+??

guitarbilly74

• Members

I have an empty cab here that Im planning to load it soon. I am currently using a 6505 and I have a cab with Greenbacks and one with V30s/G12-75s.

I like the GBs with the 6505 but the amp looses some of the tightness when I play loud. The V30s and 75s combined sound good too, so I was thinking to load the cab either with 4 v30s OR 4 G12-75s. I don't want to mix speakers anymore.

Which one would be better with this amp? Any other suggestions?

I don't play the bro0tlz, I'm just looking for a modern rock tone with lots of clarity.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

V12 Legends do it for my combo. I pulled them out of a newer Vader cab. Wow, the low end is simply brutal and it handles the mids and highs fantastic too.

+1

I can agree this 100%.

If clarity is what you are really looking for man, look no further than Eminence. I had them in my Basson cab and jesus that cab made any amp sound monsterous and clear as a bell.

Plus you already have a cab with both V30's and G12T-75's. Mix it up a bit for variety.

• Members

+1

I can agree this 100%.

If clarity is what you are really looking for man, look no further than Eminence. I had them in my Basson cab and jesus that cab made any amp sound monsterous and clear as a bell.

Plus you already have a cab with both V30's and G12T-75's. Mix it up a bit for variety.

The Eminence Legends that come stock in the Basson Cabs are Legend 1258's not V12's. Did you have a custom cab? No that I'm nit picking you but I hear alot of people refer to Eminece Legends as being a single speaker like a V30, when in fact they are a whole line of speakers.

• Members

The Eminence Legends that come stock in the Basson Cabs are Legend 1258's not V12's. Did you have a custom cab? No that I'm nit picking you but I hear alot of people refer to Eminece Legends as being a single speaker like a V30, when in fact they are a whole line of speakers.

Yes, it was an older custom model.

And FWIW the 1258's sound great as well. That's what my other guitarist was using in his Basson. His did seem to have just a tad bit of color to his sound compared to mine though. The V12's are clearer IMO.

• Members

The main thing I am looking for is clarity, between the V30 and teh 75s which one has the clearer tone?

um... clearity as in note definition or clearity as in won't "color" your sound?

If you want a non-colored sound do not get v30s, they have a big impact on tone. If you want note definition, then anything that doesn't get muddy and has a 70+ wattage will help. TBH The best thing you can do for note definition on a 6505+ is to bias mod it.

• Members

um... clearity as in note definition or clearity as in won't "color" your sound?

If you want a non-colored sound do not get v30s, they have a big impact on tone. If you want note definition, then anything that doesn't get muddy and has a 70+ wattage will help. TBH The best thing you can do for note definition on a 6505+ is to bias mod it.

clear as in note definition.

I will do the bias mod eventually.

• Members

i'll throw my hat in on the v-30's with high gain peaveys,...

i drug my peavey to all of the music stores in my area...tried all of the different speakers and cabs i could find,...i was like you...i wanted note seperation...oh..and i was sick and tired of the "fizz" thats a common issue with these amps,....i found the v-30's in an oversized cab to be a great combo,...i bought a mesa recto cab...

good luck on your search.

Archived