What are the best speakers for the 6505+??

guitarbilly74

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I JUST heard those V60's for the first time this morning. My God, get those Billy. Don't even think about it, just find them and order them. Amazing speaker, sounded MUCH better than a regular V30 to me. VERY warm and huge sounding.

Warm, thick, huge round bottom end...great speaker man!

• Members

I tend to think higher wattage speakers sound better with the 6505. My 480 watt cab sounds better than any cab I've used and it's just got off brand b-52 speakers in it. I like it more than my cabs with v30's.

The only cab I'm super impressed with is the vadar cabs. I think mesa is overpriced. I think if you want a mesa cab you should get an egnater they are about the same thing for 599.

• Members
Warm, thick, huge round bottom end...great speaker man!

I am not even surprised by your post. Of course YOU would know this already. :cop:
I never heard one before today.

I'm going to go as far as saying the V60 is the best speaker I've heard for the djentchugmostergoboom stuff yet. Simply amazing warmth and palm mutes are :love:.

Wait, I'm googling, where the hell can you order these? :confused:

• Members

It's hard to find these speakers man. They are "Silver-Series" Celestions and quite cheap actually :). To be honest there is not a speaker in the world that can compare for these speakers for amps that are bright with a lot of mids. I don't see this speaker working too great with a Recto, Uberschall, etc....but, I think of the V60 as a, and I know these seems to be thrown around a lot but, like the perfect greenback tone with bottom end to match. Like a Greenie and Weber 65 had sex.

• Members
I am not even surprised by your post. Of course YOU would know this already.
:cop:
I never heard one before today.

I'm going to go as far as saying the V60 is the best speaker I've heard for the djentchugmostergoboom stuff yet. Simply amazing warmth and palm mutes are
:love:

Wait, I'm googling, where the hell can you order these?
:confused:

im sure their great. but v30s have their place in deathmetal/core/melodic stuff, and its proven

• Members
It's hard to find these speakers man. They are "Silver-Series" Celestions and quite cheap actually
:)
. To be honest there is not a speaker in the world that can compare for these speakers for amps that are bright with a lot of mids. I don't see this speaker working too great with a Recto, Uberschall, etc....but, I think of the V60 as a, and I know these seems to be thrown around a lot but, like the perfect greenback tone with bottom end to match. Like a Greenie and Weber 65 had sex.

Are you talking about the Hellatone 60L's? I've never heard of V60's.

• Members

Well I'm playing my amp and cab, now with G12T75's in it with V30's. The sizzle of the G12T75's is noticeable, but I was playing sitting right in front of my cab, and it's a good balance for the V30's. The only thing I noticed when I move my ear from the V30's to the G12T75 is that that the 75 has a little top end sizzle. Another than that, they aren't really that different.

• Members
Nope, Celestion Silver Series V12-60's
Amazing speaker....let's start the buzz
The Engl Standard 4x12 is the ONLY cabinet I know that comes with them.

Thanks DB. I have never heard of these although I have read similar things about the 60L's. That's why I thought of these when you mentioned the V60's.

Looks like others are dig'n them.:thu:

Who wouldn't want a smoother V30 he he.

• Members
Thanks DB. I have never heard of these although I have read similar things about the 60L's. That's why I thought of these when you mentioned the V60's.

Looks like others are dig'n them.
:thu:

Who wouldn't want a smoother V30 he he.

hey man tell me about your contemporary cab with the v30/g12k100. i just ordered one yesterday and cant wait to recieve it next week.

• Members

hey man tell me about your contemporary cab with the v30/g12k100. i just ordered one yesterday and cant wait to recieve it next week.

It can sound a bit boxy at times but the speaker combination I think is really good. Even with clean to a bit of break up happening it is good. I haven't tried any brewtal stuff on it but no doubt with a K100/V30 mix it will be able to cover it easily. I mostly play blues/rock midgain stuff.

I was playing my buddies Epiphone Valve Jr head with bitmo mod and my strat through it yesterday. I had it going through my Lovepedal Eternity, AX3G for delay and into the amp. {censored}ing killer blues tones. Chimey bell like overtones. Musical feedback. What the hell. I then plugged straight in and it was SRV like. So it can cover some ground genre wise.

I think it is just really focused sounding and that is what I call a little boxiness. Let me know how you like yours when you get it.

• Members

It can sound a bit boxy at times but the speaker combination I think is really good. Even with clean to a bit of break up happening it is good. I haven't tried any brewtal stuff on it but no doubt with a K100/V30 mix it will be able to cover it easily. I mostly play blues/rock midgain stuff.

I was playing my buddies Epiphone Valve Jr head with bitmo mod and my strat through it yesterday. I had it going through my Lovepedal Eternity, AX3G for delay and into the amp. {censored}ing killer blues tones. Chimey bell like overtones. Musical feedback. What the hell. I then plugged straight in and it was SRV like. So it can cover some ground genre wise.

I think it is just really focused sounding and that is what I call a little boxiness. Let me know how you like yours when you get it.

focused tonally or directionally? i know tonally, metal players (like me) need a tight thick focused sound. if its a directional cab, thats another thing.

• Members

Well, it just so happens both my amps are in the shop and my buddy let me borrow his 6505+ he got from moshy to test out my new speakers (2 x G12H-30 Heritage), and so I would have something to jam through until one of my amps gets back. :cool:

I've got the Lopo sig 4x12 loaded with 2 Fane AXA12 and the 2 G12H-30 H, and it sounded positively sick for everything. Loud and clean wasn't there, once you crank it the Celestions and Fanes both want to grind some, but the rock and metal tones were just totally sick with chime, grind, very detailed mids, and a nice round bottom. The cleans were nice, but think more rock cleans, with a hint of hair, not sparkling pristine cleans.

I also really, really, really like this amp with my EV12L loaded 2x12, which gives it a huge punishing bottom end, and sparkling crystal clear cleans.

If you're gonna want big piano like cleans go EV, if you want more vintage rock tones go with some Celestions. I'd bet the G12H-30/V30 mix would sound nice with the 6505+ too if you don't want to shell out ~$1000 for two 2 Fanes and 2 G12H-30 Heritage.

• Members

You know I've been thinking of EVs. The cab will be heavy as {censored} and they're expensive, but it might be worth it since they will give me exactly what I am looking for, tightness and clarity.

you can get excellent tone in a much cheaper solution such as an avatar cab

Archived