What are the best speakers for the 6505+??

guitarbilly74

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
how would you say the T sounds from the K?

The T-100 is basically a T-75 but with a bigger tighter low and less highs. Now since I haven't tried the T-75's directly side by side with the T-100's these are just what has been said about them from other reviews.

Now compared to the K-100's I found that the T's are brighter but not to the point of getting that "sizzle" on the highs. They are also a very clear speaker, when I've used them on a clean channel the sound is a little stale but that's where the K-100's come in and fill in all the missing holes.

You know how popular V30's mixed with T-75's are? I tried the T-100's mixed with V30's and hated the sound. V30's alone were alright but it didn't seem to give me the overall freedom with dialing in my sound that I would prefer. All T-100's hell I still love that sound and at loud volumes it sounds amazing, but I wanted just a little more mids besides turning up the mids on the amp.

Enters K-100. When comparing the spec sheet on the Celestion website it looked like where the T-100 was dipped in the mids the K-100's were a little raised but not nearly as much as the V30's... All in all to make a long story short they looked like the perfect match.

Since I've used this speaker combo I've had no desire to venture out and try other speakers, combination of speakers etc...

But of course this is all my opinion and might differ from person to person.

Here is the graphs off of the Celestion website for each speaker:

G12K-100:
g12k_100.gif

G12T-100:
g12t_100.gif

Hope this helps,

Gary

• Members
The T-100 is basically a T-75 but with a bigger tighter low and less highs. Now since I haven't tried the T-75's directly side by side with the T-100's these are just what has been said about them from other reviews.

Now compared to the K-100's I found that the T's are brighter but not to the point of getting that "sizzle" on the highs. They are also a very clear speaker, when I've used them on a clean channel the sound is a little stale but that's where the K-100's come in and fill in all the missing holes.

You know how popular V30's mixed with T-75's are? I tried the T-100's mixed with V30's and hated the sound. V30's alone were alright but it didn't seem to give me the overall freedom with dialing in my sound that I would prefer. All T-100's hell I still love that sound and at loud volumes it sounds amazing, but I wanted just a little more mids besides turning up the mids on the amp.

Enters K-100. When comparing the spec sheet on the Celestion website it looked like where the T-100 was dipped in the mids the K-100's were a little raised but not nearly as much as the V30's... All in all to make a long story short they looked like the perfect match.

Since I've used this speaker combo I've had no desire to venture out and try other speakers, combination of speakers etc...

But of course this is all my opinion and might differ from person to person.

Here is the graphs off of the Celestion website for each speaker:

G12K-100:

g12k_100.gif

G12T-100:

g12t_100.gif

Hope this helps,

Gary

interesting. hm.

well i have an avatar 2x12 contemporary cab on the way with a g12k100 and v30. i cant wait to try the combination.

Archived