What are the best speakers for the 6505+??

guitarbilly74

• Members

I have had the best results with VHT cabs with Eminence P50Es, and Marshall cabs with G12T75s.

Actually, THE best live tone I have ever had/heard came from running my Kramer 85 Baretta RI and my TS808 as a boost, into a 6505+ with my VHT fatbottom slant on top, and Marshall 1960B on the bottom. It was seriously perfect.

But they sound great with either cab by themselves too.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You should try it. It sounds a lot better with them. A lot more brutal too.

I agree. After owning 3 different 5150s, and using both them and the 6505+ extensively with multiple V30 loaded cabs, multiple gt75 loaded cabs, a cab with a mix of both, VHT deliverance and fatbottom cabs, and several others, I have to say that they sound the best with the 75s, or the VHT's P50Es. They both beat the vintage 30s by a long shot in my opinion. Most of the 5150/6505 + v30 tones I have heard other people use have been muddy, and way too mid heavy(and I am a lover of teh midz). I can get passable tones with them, but they are far from the ideal choice in my opinion.

• Members

that's what I am thinking... the 6505+, being a Peavey, already has lots of mids, the 75 is somewhat scooped so it would balance out better.

U would think so, but it doesn't. Remains scooped sounding with a boomy low end and superrr fizzy, shrill high end. I strongly dislike g12t75s for metal on a 5150.

• Members

OK guys lets be serious
V30-way to much mids when you link this speaker with 6505+, I coudn't listened to this,eq unresponding with them
G12T75-better,way much clearer, smoother, but sounded like behind the blanket
V12-ok,but nothing speciall
and now,ladies and gentelmans,

the winner

V60!!!

and now why: V60 are like G12 clones, so they have scooped mids,but you can get grate ballance with eq,and here is second thing,the EQ has great respond with this speakers. Another thing, ABSOLUTELY winner if you are looking for clear,smooth sound with long sustain, V30 sounded like garbage compare to them(I compared cabs with V60 and V30 side by side). And they dont have this "behind the blanket" sound, they are "right in the face" sound.Try this speakers,seriously.

• Members

and now why: V60 are like G12 clones, so they have scooped mids,but you can get grate ballance with eq,and here is second thing,the EQ has great respond with this speakers. Another thing, ABSOLUTELY winner if you are looking for clear,smooth sound with long sustain, V30 sounded like garbage compare to them(I compared cabs with V60 and V30 side by side). And they dont have this "behind the blanket" sound, they are "right in the face" sound.Try this speakers,seriously.

Interesting...where can I find them for sale? I just googled them and it appears they only come on ENGL cabs?

• Members

I have a cab with greenbacks and I love it, I will never sell it etc.. but I don't think GBs are the right speakers for the 6505+, the amount of midrange and low end the amp puts out makes the GBs fart real quick.

I am really looking for a speaker that can remain tight and clean under a lot of volume and gain and the GB isn't it. With a Marshall it's absolutely amazing though.

• Members

If u run post gain on 2, for example, your only pushing the cab with something small like 10 watts. Although tonally, the greenies do have that ease of flubby bass. They do sound good, but I recommend v30 or g12k100, or both. Neverrrr g12t75s

I'm anxious to see how my cab sounds now that I have two G1275's in it. Probably a more balanced sound I would assume.

• Members

I've tried V30's, G12T75's and the stock Sheffield speakers in the 5150 cab (I think 1200 is the model number on those). V30's were the winner IMO. Good mid grind and clarity. I think the G12T75's were a little clearer, but they lose some of that hugeness/grind that V30's give. The Sheffields...let's just say I didn't get along with those.

Archived