How do greenabcks + gt75's sound in an X pattern?

JnBroadbent

• Members

Depends...what are you trying to play through it?

I notice you're in the {censored} The MIDZ Club....

And that your avatar appears very homoerotic...

But seriously...I really like GBs with 75s

now that's some funny {censored}

• Members

I used to run a bias modded 5150 head through my old crusty marshall cab that was loaded with two greenbacks and two v30's. It blowed people's mind and brought the heaviness in spades.

I would be using v30's but just sucks with my current rig.

• Members
I'm actually thinking about the same thing... I'm waiting to hear what K-bizzle thinks, and assuming the results are positive I'll be ordering up a couple Greenies.

90% chance I'll have a pair for sale after I try this Ron.:thu:

• Members

THATS a curious match! it'd probably sound great! close enough efficiency specs, and sure as {censored}, opposite frequency responses...

my only worry'd be the low end.. not as squishy as something like greenies alone, pretty different from a v30, and definitely not as snug as a t75 alone...

huh! definitely want to hear the results of this!

• Members

Tell you what guys.

I'll take the DSL, set everything to noon, and do a V30/Greenback, Greenback/T75, and V30/T75 vid on each.

Probably do something clean, something a little crunchy, and something gainy.

What else have I got to do on a Saturday?

• Members

The GT75s are much more efficient speakers and will dominate the tone, basically you will hear mostly the 75's with a hint of the gb's... not to mention the EQ settings the will work on the 75's (very bright speaker) will muddy up the GBs and the settings that are good on the GB will make the 75 harsh and ice-picky.

Not a good combination.

• Members

The GT75s are more more efficient speakers and will dominate the tone, basically you will hear mostly the 75's with a hint of the gb's... not too mention the EQ settings the will work on the 75's (very bright speaker) will muddy up the GBs and the settings that are good on the GB will make the 75 harsh and ice-picky.

Not a good combination.

i wouldn't think thats true though... t75's and greenbacks are about the same in terms of efficiency-- both run about 97db... and i'd think it could be a compelling contrast of hi definition clarity and a soft middly loveliness a lot like running v30s/h30's. sorta new/old-- but with a much less prone to cone flap mix on one side, and MORE on the other!

• Members
I'm very curious about this as well. I'd love to hear that combination at a good volume. I don't suspect it would be particularly tight, but Big Toan would probably result...

ha-- hilarious e.. we always seem to gravitate to the same damn threads! :lol:

• Members
ha-- hilarious e.. we always seem to gravitate to the same damn threads!
:lol:

Chalk it up to an interest in things other than modern br00talz and high gainers, I guess? :lol:

I've noticed the balance on here has been swinging away from all metal, all the time recently, for whatever that's worth.

• Members
Chalk it up to an interest in things other than modern br00talz and high gainers, I guess?
:lol:

I've noticed the balance on here has been swinging away from all metal, all the time recently, for whatever that's worth.

This is true.
And its awesome.

Archived