OT: iPhone users...

oldmanriver

• Members

Piece of complete {censored}.

I had to get mine replaced numerous times through warranty.

Blackberry is lightyears ahead of the iPhone if you know how to use these things.

If you're as dumb as the casual Apple user who can't even start their computer then you'd probably like the iPhone.

Wow. Your think your {censored} don't stink.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The iPhone is the best phone that I've ever used. I don't know how I would get by without it. I wish my job would replace my {censored}ty ass blackberry with an iPhone. I've seen the G1 and it's the only thing that can compete. The problem is that the T-mobile network totally sucks dick. I'm learning ObjectiveC right now so I can write my own apps!

• Members

I tried out just about every other PDA phone available before getting my iPhone last summer. My 16-YO son got one at the same time and, knowing my history with PDA phones, predicted I'd grow weary of it within three months. Well, not only am I not weary of it, I like it more each day. It's a fantastic device. I can't wait for the 3.0 software upgrade coming in May/June, and as soon as the next gen phone comes out, I plan to get one and give this one to my 14-YO son. Well worth every penny I paid for it.

• Members

I tried out just about every other PDA phone available before getting my iPhone last summer. My 16-YO son got one at the same time and, knowing my history with PDA phones, predicted I'd grow weary of it within three months. Well, not only am I not weary of it, I like it more each day. It's a fantastic device. I can't wait for the 3.0 software upgrade coming in May/June, and as soon as the next gen phone comes out, I plan to get one and give this one to my 14-YO son. Well worth every penny I paid for it.

this for real. i phone is the only phone that i've grown to like more over time. if they could double the battery life and if you could group your contacts it would be perfect (if the 3.0 upgrade works like it should).

• Members

this for real. i phone is the only phone that i've grown to like more over time. if they could double the battery life and if you could group your contacts it would be perfect (if the 3.0 upgrade works like it should).

Yeah, it would be nice if the battery had longer life or was replaceable. One thing I noticed though is that when the 2.1 software upgrade was introduced, it yielded a MAJOR improvement in battery life. I only had the phone about a month before that upgrade, and I was barely getting a day of use, even with 3G, Bluetooth and WiFi turned off. Now I regularly get at leasttwo days of reasonable use even with 3G and Bluetooth turned on all the time.

• Members

Yeah, it would be nice if the battery had longer life or was replaceable. One thing I noticed though is that when the 2.1 software upgrade was introduced, it yielded a MAJOR improvement in battery life. I only had the phone about a month before that upgrade, and I was barely getting a day of use, even with 3G, Bluetooth and WiFi turned off. Now I regularly get at leasttwo days of reasonable use even with 3G and Bluetooth turned on all the time.

i have to charge mine at least once a day... i'm on it constantly though.

• Members

How the hell do you customize ringtones?

If I want to use a song I have in the iPhone's iPod as a ringtone, how do I do that?

It's a bit annoying. You have to chop the song to a 30 second clip first, then convert it to .m4a format and rename it to .m4r

Then you can just add it to iTunes and it'll show up as a ringtone. Apple is again feeding you bull{censored} because iTunes has the capability of creating ringtones but it only works for songs purchased from the iTunes store.

• Members

The iphone hate is strong in this thread... almost as bad as the Metallica hatred around here.

I guess all the "cool" kids here will keep their Blackberrys and listen only to unsigned/underground/indie bands... but will drop them immediately when they become too mainstream.
:rolleyes:

• Members

I got a chance to play with a Palm Pre at a manager's training session last week. They had some serious security on it - suitcases with handcuffs, etc.

It is {censored}ing phenomenal. I'm a fan of the iPhone and this is going to be the only real competitor that I've seen so far.

The thing that kills it for me about the iPhone = no push email. So I HAVE to have my Blackberry. It still does email better than anything else.

• Members

there is better phones for much cheaper then the gimmicky iphone.

I seen some mentions of phone companies copying the iphone.....well only the best selling point of the iphone, its screen and interface. Sure its pretty and the pictures move with your finger.

I have my eye on the N97 as my n95 has served me better then any phone should have.

• Members

I got a chance to play with a Palm Pre at a manager's training session last week. They had some serious security on it - suitcases with handcuffs, etc.

It is {censored}ing phenomenal. I'm a fan of the iPhone and this is going to be the only real competitor that I've seen so far.

The thing that kills it for me about the iPhone = no push email. So I HAVE to have my Blackberry. It still does email better than anything else.

Push email will be addressed in the 3.0 update this summer.

• Members
The iphone hate is strong in this thread... almost as bad as the Metallica hatred around here.

I guess all the "cool" kids here will keep their Blackberrys and listen only to unsigned/underground/indie bands... but will drop them immediately when they become too mainstream.

:rolleyes:

That's hilarious considering you're describing the indie douche who uses Apple products. :lol:

• Members
That's hilarious considering you're describing the indie douche who uses Apple products.
:lol:

+1

I've been using an iPhone since Oct. '07 and I still :facepalm: hard when I read that. It's like the Southpark episode about Hybrid cars. If I pull it out to check on my stock portfolio while I'm outside smoking a cig, it never fails that some dickbag with white earbuds jammed in his face has to comment. "Yo don't you love these iPhones??? I just love how perfect they are!!!1"

It makes me want to take their phone from them and shove it so far up their colon that their upper intestine is smudging up the damn screen.

They suck balls as an iPod.

• Members
Except it's the exact opposite as far as the iphone goes. The iphone has far more users than the G1, Buttberry, etc. combined.

So you're analysis = fail.

:facepalm:

If by "cool kids with Blackberries" you mean the majority of the business community, then yeah they'll more than likely stick with their Blackberries.

• Members
If by "cool kids with Blackberries" you mean the majority of the business community, then yeah they'll more than likely stick with their Blackberries.

That was a "sarcastic" statement I made. You might want to go look that word up.

:facepalm::rolleyes: :poke:

I'm yet again surprised by the level of intellect around here.

:facepalm:

Archived