OT: iPhone users...

oldmanriver

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ok, you got me. You were being sarcastic with no indication of same.

Ughhhh...

Here's my post again, let me hold your hand and walk you through it one baby step at a time:

"I guess all the "cool" kids here will keep their Blackberrys and listen only to unsigned/underground/indie bands... but will drop them immediately when they become too mainstream.
:rolleyes:"

See the "rolleyes" aka sarcastic smiley there at the end? That's usually a good indicator. As a matter of fact, hold your mouse pointer over the "rolleyes" smiley and tell me what it says?

:facepalm:

So, what was your point again?

My point (if I can be sharp enough to penitrate the thick wit of some here) is that love it or it hate, the iphone is here to stay. And it's actually the opposite of the PC/Mac debate in the computer world... as the iphone has the major market share when it comes to smart-phones. Same with the ipod.

Hope I made this easy enough for everyone to comprehend.

Carry on...

:rolleyes:

(Again Ron my last statement above was semi-sarcastic in case you missed it).

:poke:

• Members

I've messed with my friends iphone and I like it a lot. IT does a lot of cool things and has a lot of cool apps. I don't like it as much as my blackberry but I like a real keyboard. Plus I think the blackberry looks cooler. And I will never go back to AT&T. The broadband service with Verizon is way better here.

• Members
Ughhhh...

Here's my post again, let me hold your hand and walk you through it one baby step at a time:

"I guess all the "cool" kids here will keep their Blackberrys and listen only to unsigned/underground/indie bands... but will drop them immediately when they become too mainstream.

:rolleyes:"

See the "rolleyes" aka sarcastic smiley there at the end? That's usually a good indicator. As a matter of fact, hold your mouse pointer over the "rolleyes" smiley and tell me what it says?

:facepalm:

My point (if I can be sharp enough to penitrate the thick wit of some here) is that love it or it hate, the iphone is here to stay. And it's actually the opposite of the PC/Mac debate in the computer world... as the iphone has the major market share when it comes to smart-phones. Same with the ipod.

Hope I made this easy enough for everyone to comprehend.

Carry on...

(Again Ron my last statement above was semi-sarcastic in case you missed it).

:poke:

You are wrong:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/03/11/iphone_behind_only_nokia_and_rim_in_global_smartphone_share.html

The majority of iPhone users are trendy little pieces of {censored}, that would gladly drop their precious iPhones as soon as another company can develop a marketing campaign as successful as Apple's. Until another phone is "cooler", Apple will continue to sell a LOT of phones to dumbass kids that have no use for a Smart phone. My brother in law has one. His shining achievement with it so far has been the ability to use the LoLdog app.

Are you confusing sarcasm with making information up in your head, and then plastering it on message boards to prove your point? Adding a rolling eyes smiley at the end doesn't change the fact that you were blatantly wrong. It just makes you look like another Apple fanboi cocksucker, that doesn't understand proper/clever use of sarcasm.

Again, you fail at life.

• Members
You are wrong:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/03/11/iphone_behind_only_nokia_and_rim_in_global_smartphone_share.html

The majority of iPhone users are trendy little pieces of {censored}, that would gladly drop their precious iPhones as soon as another company can develop a marketing campaign as successful as Apple's. Until another phone is "cooler", Apple will continue to sell a LOT of phones to dumbass kids that have no use for a Smart phone. My brother in law has one. His shining achievement with it so far has been the ability to use the LoLdog app.

Are you confusing sarcasm with making information up in your head, and then plastering it on message boards to prove your point? Adding a rolling eyes smiley at the end doesn't change the fact that you were blatantly wrong. It just makes you look like another Apple fanboi cocksucker, that doesn't understand proper/clever use of sarcasm.

Again, you fail at life.

Ughhh...

You might want to acutally read that article you posted.

Apple maintained the third place position in global unit sales of smartphones,

I'm not talking about 2008 sales data, I'm talking about total number of users. Get it? Obviously you don't.

You might try figuring it out while you look up that word "sarcastic".

Not only are you a dullard, you're a butt-hurt dullard.

Toodles. :p

• Members
Ughhh...

You might want to acutally read that article you posted.

Apple maintained the third place position in global unit sales of smartphones,

I'm not talking about 2008 sales data, I'm talking about total number of users. Get it? Obviously you don't.

You might try figuring it out while you look up that word "sarcastic".

Not only are you a dullard, you're a butt-hurt dullard.

Toodles.
:p

Do you read the words you type?

3rd place doesn't mean the major market share. 3rd place behind Nokia and... get this... RIM. RIM = Blackberry.

Pull this total number of users bull{censored} out of your ass too. I'm curious how the number of end users can somehow outpace the sales data. On a side note, the iPhone was released in '07, and those numbers are on that website as well. Add '07 and '08 together. Not even close to RIM figures.

• Members

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHEN THE IPHONE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER NETWORKS LIKE T MOBILE.

Depends. Apple and AT&T are in talks right now to extend their exclusive deal for another 2 years beginning June of this year. As it stands right now, the contract is set to expire in a month and a half.

• Members

If by "cool kids with Blackberries" you mean the majority of the business community, then yeah they'll more than likely stick with their Blackberries.

Yeah, I don't understand where anyone could say that there are more iPhone users than blackberry users. They are just simply more stable, more professional phones. They do push email EXTREMELY well, you can push apps to them as a system administrator, and it's available on every single carrier.

• Members

Depends. Apple and AT&T are in talks right now to extend their exclusive deal for another 2 years beginning June of this year. As it stands right now, the contract is set to expire in a month and a half.

ARGH, {censored} THAT.

My plan with T mobile is $75 a month and I get this...

Unlimited Minutes

1000 text

no roaming or long distance fees

Email

NO CONTRACT.

I want to keep this plan and wait for the Iphone to come over.

{censored} YOU APPLE, AND ESPECIALLY ATT YOU GREEDY PIG.

• Members
ARGH, {censored} THAT.

Unlimited Minutes

1000 text

Email

NO CONTRACT.

{censored} YOU APPLE AND ATT.

Then just buy an iPhone and unlock it for T-mobile. If you're not going to sign a contract then you'll end up paying full price for it anyway :idk:

• Members

ARGH, {censored} THAT.

Unlimited Minutes

1000 text

Email

NO CONTRACT.

{censored} YOU APPLE AND ATT.

Is that a grandfathered plan? I see that you get email, but what about other data? Plus, t-mobile's network is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and crappy. In many markets they still aren't even 3G, whereas carriers such as Sprint are already rolling out 4G/WiMax with Clearwire.

• Members
Then just buy an iPhone and unlock it for T-mobile. If you're not going to sign a contract then you'll end up paying full price for it anyway
:idk:

Are there any advantages to running the Iphone on ATT network instead of tmobile etc? Would it run just as smoothly with all the same features?

• Members

Are there any advantages to running the Iphone on ATT network instead of tmobile etc?

T-Mobile doesn't have 3g service in many places. Slow as dog{censored}. Plus, sometimes Apple likes to kill/disable iPhones that are unlocked through software updates.

Without 3G say goodbye to a lot of the coolest features: Youtube, Pandora, etc.

• Members

Is that a grandfathered plan? I see that you get email, but what about other data? Plus, t-mobile's network is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and crappy. In many markets they still aren't even 3G, whereas carriers such as Sprint are already rolling out 4G/WiMax with Clearwire.

Yeah it's because I have been with them for three years. 2 days ago they called me and said they would kill my contract and give me unlimited minutes.

My plan has email but no internet, but for another 5 dollars a month i would have internet.

I don't want internet on my little pearl screen, it would suck.

Tmobile has 3G.

• Members

T-Mobile doesn't have 3g service in many places. Slow as dog{censored}.
Plus, sometimes Apple likes to kill/disable iPhones that are unlocked through software updates.

Without 3G say goodbye to a lot of the coolest features: Youtube, Pandora, etc.

See, {censored} apple. They are greedy. They basically force people into using their {censored}. Their compliance issues are ridiculous imo.

I think they make a hell of a product, but their compatability with the iphone and ipods suck.

• Members

See, {censored} apple. They are greedy. They basically force people into using their {censored}. Their compliance issues are ridiculous imo.

I think they make a hell of a product, but their compatability with the iphone and ipods suck.

It's actually AT&T that has pushed Apple to brick iPhones through updates.

• Members

Yeah it's because I have been with them for three years. 2 days ago they called me and said they would kill my contract and give me unlimited minutes.

My plan has email but no internet, but for another 5 dollars a month i would have internet.

I don't want internet on my little pearl screen, it would suck.

Tmobile has 3G.

I don't know, I guess after working for every single major carrier over the years (Including T-Mobile, which used to treat its customers a lot better than they do these days, unfortunately), I guess I expect more than just simple data and phone service out of my carrier. We're in this weird bizarro world where Sprint is pretty cutting edge with what's going on and they're actually amazing to their customers (wtf? Where did that come from? I used to sell people T-Mobile just by MENTIONING Sprint's customer service. Seriously, it's insane what their CEO has done in the last year or so). Plus, with amenities like Sprint TV/Radio (V-Cast done right, and it really does work well), etc, for me it was a no-brainer.

My only problem is that I REALLY like GSM carriers because CDMA is freaking USA only these days, and I like the freedom of being able to just swap SIM cards out.

I still have a phone on an employee t-mobile plan that they, for some reason, never shut off, and it's a G-1, which I really like, but I work for Sprint, and so I get to directly compare their services these days.

It's a time of big change in the wireless industry. You're going to see some pretty big leaps and bounds in the next few years.

• Members

ATT was my first cell provider back in 02, they sucked. I then went to sprint, which sucked even more.

Now I have been with tmobile for a few years and they have been VERY VERY good. Exceptional customer service, great plans, and their coverage in Minneapolis is light years better than the other two.

• Members

Yeah, I should have made that more clear. If it were up to Apple, the USA wireless industry would work like Europe's. I guarantee that if you could get a major carrier's plan without a contract, more people would have the iPhone.

• Members

Yeah, I should have made that more clear. If it were up to Apple, the USA wireless industry would work like Europe's. I guarantee that if you could get a major carrier's plan without a contract, more people would have the iPhone.

Agreed, for sure.

• Members

ATT was my first cell provider back in 02, they sucked. I then went to sprint, which sucked even more.

Now I have been with tmobile for a few years and they have been VERY VERY good. Exceptional customer service, great plans, and their coverage in Minneapolis is light years better than the other two.

Dunno what to tell ya mang. I've had AT&T since the summer of '00. They've had their ups and downs but for some reason I've never switched. Well, except when they changed to Cingular and then back to AT&T.

Just like cable providers, I think all cell phone companies suck a dick.

• Members

I don't know, I guess after working for
every
single major carrier over the years (Including T-Mobile, which used to treat its customers a lot better than they do these days, unfortunately), I guess I expect more than just simple data and phone service out of my carrier. We're in this weird bizarro world where Sprint is pretty cutting edge with what's going on and they're actually amazing to their customers (wtf? Where did that come from? I used to sell people T-Mobile just by MENTIONING Sprint's customer service. Seriously, it's insane what their CEO has done in the last year or so). Plus, with amenities like Sprint TV/Radio (V-Cast done right, and it really does work well), etc, for me it was a no-brainer.

My only problem is that I REALLY like GSM carriers because CDMA is freaking USA only these days, and I like the freedom of being able to just swap SIM cards out.

I still have a phone on an employee t-mobile plan that they, for some reason, never shut off, and it's a G-1, which I really like, but I work for Sprint, and so I get to directly compare their services these days.

It's a time of big change in the wireless industry. You're going to see some pretty big leaps and bounds in the next few years.

Verizon has some CDMA phones that work on GSM when you go to other countries. Like the world phones blackberry has. They are coming out with a new one here soon. The niagara.

Archived