The Germans are at it again!

satannica

• Members
OK, so if we're "crazy", and you're allegedly so enlightened, explain for us then how you would ever manage to outlaw guns and get the criminals to turn theirs in as well? Otherwise, all you've managed to accomplish is emboldening violent criminals who would then know that their chances of encountering an armed potential victim just went through the floor.

Also, what about the inevitable, and
incredibly
dangerous black market that this would create for guns and ammo?!

I've yet to have even ONE anti-gunner even
attempt
to explain how that could actually work.

Good luck, though, maybe you're finally the one who can!
:thu:

1.) For what it's worth there's ALREADY a huge black market for weapons, so it's not like outlawing guns would create something new there.

2.) I'm not actually FOR the outlawing of guns. It's a constitutional right and I support that. I just don't support people who actually GET OFF on guns. Guns aren't made for defense really, they don't put up a magical sheild that protect you. The kill people; that's what they're made for. So I support the right to own them but I don't support the gun-loving culture. I also think that there should be limits on what's legal. Just because you have the right to bear arms doesn't meant that you should have the right to bear assault rifles. There's really no excuse for that.
I also think that there should be more control. The idea that you can go to a gun show and buy a gun without any kind of background check is {censored}ing ludicrous.

3.) As I said I don't actually want to outlaw all guns. However to answer your question of how it could be done. Ask the Japanese. Guns have been outlawed there for a long time and they have had the least gun deaths of any country for a looong time.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I find it odd that anti-gunners never seem to have anything to say when {censored} like this happens in "gun-free zones," and/or highly legislated nations.

:lol:

This is just additional proof that the prohibition of firearms wouldn't do {censored} to prevent crime.

+1

So true. Doesn't anyone understand that banning guns does nothing but keep them out of the hands of law-abiding citizens? Do people really think that outlawing guns will keep them out of the hands of those who don't obey the law anyway?

So great, no guns by law = no guns for the good people to protect themselves. I'll be sure to hit the guy that robs my house with a golf club when he goes to shoot me in the face with his black-market purchased gun. :facepalm:

Just check out Switzerland - LOWEST gun murder/crime rate in the world. 1/3 of the population has an automatic rifle in their house.

Psychotics killing each other off will happen whether we have guns or not. If there were no guns, these freaks would find another way to do it.

• Members

Very nice. How do you conceal and comfortably carry such a large weapon though? I have a Kahr CW40 and I am having trouble carrying it comfortably. I'm thinking hard about getting a Safe Packer.

They just had a funeral for 2 cops near us because a dude had a concealed gun license.

They were called to his house on a domestic. They were chatting with him and it went from 1-10 in a few seconds. He was on the floor being apprehended and they said he pulled "a gun from nowhere" and before they knew it 2 cops were shot.

They killed him after a car chase.

• Members

1.) For what it's worth there's ALREADY a huge black market for weapons, so it's not like outlawing guns would create something new there.

2.) I'm not actually FOR the outlawing of guns. It's a constitutional right and I support that. I just don't support people who actually GET OFF on guns. Guns aren't made for defense really, they don't put up a magical sheild that protect you. The kill people; that's what they're made for. So I support the right to own them but I don't support the gun-loving culture. I also think that there should be limits on what's legal. Just because you have the right to bear arms doesn't meant that you should have the right to bear assault rifles. There's really no excuse for that.

I also think that there should be more control. The idea that you can go to a gun show and buy a gun without any kind of background check is {censored}ing ludicrous.

3.) As I said I don't actually want to outlaw all guns. However to answer your question of how it could be done. Ask the Japanese. Guns have been outlawed there for a long time and they have had the least gun deaths of any country for a looong time.

Unfortunately, the Japanese never had anywhere near the prevalence of guns in society that the US has had since its inception, and therefore have been able to control the amount of unregistered guns in the hands of criminals. No such animal here, that genie's never seen the inside of a bottle in this country, and it never will.

As for the existing black market, multiply it by a thousand and mix in an even higher order of magnitude of drug cartels/dealers than are already involved, and you still wouldn't even be close.

For the record though, I support background checks, which are mandatory for Concealed Carry Permits, which is to my knowledge the only way you can legally purchase a weapon at a gun show without a check or a 3 day waiting period.

• Members
Well anyone with a shred of common sense knows this. Sadly, so-called "common" sense really isn't very common at all.

So until humanity manages to either evolve past its belligerent adolescence or ends itself trying, I'll continue to put my trust and faith in this, thankyouverymuch...

DSC00855.jpg

You see the difference between you and me is I just don't need too.

I am more worried about a traffic accident for the chances of me getting harmed in a violent crime.

We just think differently in countries with out as many guns.

But really showing off is why we say something because your culture and our culture is different we see a post like this as macho showing off, or we really wouldn't care.
I like you and your posts are cool but really guns do nothing for me, cool in movies and a fun sport but really that's it.

Death is not funny, so really shooting people is not something I like to get involved with, it does happen (in my town there is a lot of gang boss's so people disappear but if you are not involved not much chance of ever knowing or being harmed).

P'S not anti gun just showing a different perspective so no macho bollocks please, from a sport sense guns can be fun as long as you respect them.

• Members
P'S not anti gun just showing a different perspective so no macho bollocks please, from a sport sense guns can be fun as long as you respect them.

And I appreciate your perspective, and respect your opinion, but when it's phrased as it was earlier as a personal attack where anyone who believes in armed self-defense is "nuts", I take exception to this very unrealistic view of the world and say so, hopefully just not in a way that can be construed as "macho bollocks"! :thu:

• Members

Oh god you gun-nuts are crazy
. Sure crimes like this would still happen without guns. You can't stop individual crimes of passion.

HOWEVER; it's a lot harder for a kid to walk into school and kill his whole class with just a knife. It's also a lot harder to rob a bank. In fact it's a lot harder to do any kind of mass killing with a knife than it is with a gun.

And just for the record, before you start giving me {censored} about not knowing anything, one of my high school friends was shot and stabbed to death a couple years ago, I'm not naive.

Also if you'll look at statistics the majority of people killed with guns in the US are the owners. Congrats.

As for this article, it's very tragic.

Your first sentence basically invalidates the rest of your unsubstantiated comment. Start em off with an insult. That'll show 'em how smart you is...:facepalm:

If the victim in this story had a gun, his chances would have been a helluva lot better that he wouldn't have been killed with a knife.

Tragic? For the victim, yes...for the assailant...its tragic that we won't waterboard him for the rest of his natural pathetic life.

is there any way we can get a waterboarding smiley? :idea:

• Members

Oh god you gun-nuts are crazy. Sure crimes like this would still happen without guns. You can't stop individual crimes of passion.

HOWEVER; it's a lot harder for a kid to walk into school and kill his whole class with just a knife. It's also a lot harder to rob a bank. In fact it's a lot harder to do any kind of mass killing with a knife than it is with a gun.

And just for the record, before you start giving me {censored} about not knowing anything, one of my high school friends was shot and stabbed to death a couple years ago, I'm not naive.

Also if you'll look at statistics the majority of people killed with guns in the US are the owners. Congrats.

As for this article, it's very tragic.

It numbs my mind how dumb people like you are.

You know how easy it is for kid to go to Home Depot or the local public store and build a bomb that would do catastrophic damage?

Ho ho ho, here comes captain dip{censored} with his blanket statement statistics.

How about you explain to me why Switzerland is one of the safest nations in the world yet gun ownership is a way of life there?

What about Washington D.C.? Most dangerous area in the United States, yet guns are completely prohibited there.

Oh no, a sob story to help justify what an idiot you are. Was he shot to death before he was stabbed to death?

When are you stupid {censored}s going to understand that you can't strip anyone's freedom away because of psychopaths.

Let me just clear this up for you bleeding heart idiots:

WE HAVE OUR SECOND AMENDMENT TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENTS WHO HAVE KILLED BILLIONS MORE PEOPLE THAN HOMICIDAL PSYCHOPATHS HAVE.

• Members

This guy obviously is a friggin psychopath.

But apart from that, yeah, sure it's the Germans.:facepalm: They are the only ones who kill people:facepalm:

Next time some American psycho-teenie kills dozens of people with a machine gun I will open a thread 'The Americans are at it again'.......:cop:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

sorry about the massive use of facepalms, but I just could not help it......

• Members

:lol: @ the ridiculousness of this thread.

A guy getting stabbed validates gun ownership?

WTF?

You must really have a chip on your shoulder if a violent news story immediately puts guns in your mind.

I think you should keep your guns. I happen to own a few myself, but I'll never understand the fear of libruls taking ur 2nd amendment rights and the epic butt hurt that comes along with it.

Its something that won't go through, ever. And if it did by some {censored}ed up scenario. With the amount of guns out there, they'd have a hell of a {censored}ing time rounding them all up.

So please lets end the {censored}ing butt hurt boys, people get stabbed in the US too.

• Members

Wow. Just wow.

You Americans sure have a different culture. I am European, and have ben living in Germany for almost 1 year now. In all the countries I visited / lived I have NEVER seen anyone carry a firearm, apart from a FEW policemen or guys from the army. I never felt the need for them, nor have been in situations where anthing could not be solved with fists (and that was only twice :lol:).

Here's my 0.02

• Members
If that was the case, it would be much more probable for the murderer to have a gun, since he wants to commit a crime, than the victim ...

So it will be gun VS gun, or, worse, gun VS nothing.

True, here in Texas about 10 years ago 20 miles from where a live a guy drove his pickup truck into a Lubys Cafeteria and systematicaly executed 23 people with a couple of 9mm high capacity hand guns. Today that outcome would be different since TX has changed gun laws and allows citizens to legally carry a firearm with permit and carry one in our cars without a permit. If that guy would of tried that {censored} today in Luby's he would of been cut down by several citizens packing iron.

• Members

Wow. Just wow.

You Americans sure have a different culture. I am European, and have ben living in Germany for almost 1 year now. In all the countries I visited / lived I have NEVER seen anyone carry a firearm, apart from a FEW policemen or guys from the army. I never felt the need for them, nor have been in situations where anthing could not be solved with fists (and that was only twice
:lol:
).

I live in the US...this is true for me, too. What's your point?

Here's my 0.02

• Members

Very nice. How do you conceal and comfortably carry such a large weapon though? I have a Kahr CW40 and I am having trouble carrying it comfortably. I'm thinking hard about getting a Safe Packer.

It depends, really. If it's cool enough to wear a light shirt over a tshirt, it's really not a problem. If I'm carrying with less concealment, I usually leave the Kimber in the car and carry my Bersa .380.

Archived