Brick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this is beautiful.

how do the P90s sound in the tele?

Cheers guys :love:

The P90s sound awesome. To be fair, they're not really your standard P90s though, they're custom Bare Knuckles based on the Mississippi Queens, but overwound to get a hotter and fatter sound out of them. I think Tim did some other little mods to them but I forget exactly what now. Vintage spec P90s could be in danger of sounding a bit thin in the alder body.

The bridge sound is pretty untamed, lots of fat midrange aggression but with the single-coil clarity you'd expect from a P90. The neck pickup is really woody and deep, it's a very cool and versatile sound.

• Members

This seems like an appropriate thread to ask this:

anyone put a Seymour Duncan 'lil 59 in the bridge of their tele? What did you make of it? And did it still sound vaguely tele-like?

I liked it on my Strat, but it was really boring on my Tele.

• Members
anyone put a Seymour Duncan 'lil 59 in the bridge of their tele? What did you make of it? And did it still sound vaguely tele-like?

I stuck this pickup in my previous Tele, a Highway One. It basically turns it into a firebreathing Gibson-esque rock machine, sort of SG-like and by no means Tele anymore. Would I do it again?.. no.

Blonde19.jpg

• Members

This seems like an appropriate thread to ask this:

I currently have a 'lil 59 in the bridge, but am going back to the STK-T2b. Same output but way more Tele character with the STK.

• Members
I stuck this pickup in my previous Tele, a Highway One. It basically turns it into a firebreathing Gibson-esque rock machine, sort of SG-like and by no means Tele anymore. Would I do it again?.. no.

Blonde19.jpg

Honestly, when you sold that guitar off, if I had had the money at the time, that guitar would be sitting in my room right now.
It's gorgeous

• Members

Got this yesterday :

New Fender Standard Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue with upgraded locking tuners, graphtech saddles and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

I agree with TomVanDeven on the lil 59. Takes quite a bit away from the true tele sound but a beast none the less. I like it in that I can have the muscle of the bridge humbucker but still have true tele sounds from the neck pup. Anyone thinking about a tele should really look into the new redesigned standard ones as I'm completely blown away by this guitar.

• Members
'69 Tele Thinline reissue - limited edition w/ matching headstock (200 made)

Lace Sensor gold/neck, Duncan Little 59/bridge. Schaller locking tuners:

Thinline.jpg

My old guitar teacher had a hollow tele just like that, but with a P-90 in the bridge. and a metal shield/plate over the whole bridge area.

Archived