If you don't like the band Down, you have no mahbles.

Gary Cohn

• Members
I love me some sludgy, swampy stuff, but I can't give a {censored} about Down. And I've tried, believe me.

Their songs are hit or miss for me. Some are great, some not. But damn Harvey Milk and EYEHATEGOD were ridiculously heavy the other night.:rawk:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont get how a Pantera fan cant get into Down or SJR. Its practically the same thing.

Yeah...except it's not even close. The only think that is similar is the vocals. Because there is no mistaking Phil's voice.

Down is ok...Super Joint is a pile of {censored}. My opinion of course.

• Members

As much as I love Pantera, I just can't stand anything that Phil, Rex, or Vinnie Paul have done since Dime's passing.

+1,000,000. The only thing I even half enjoyed was Superjoint Ritual. As for the title of the thread, are you sure you didn't mean "mandibles"?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Down are OK but they are a bit played out now and are really {censored}in' obvious. Also too many kids (and people who should know better) try to rip them off and its pretty painful to watch. At the end of the day they aren't as good as Crowbar, Corrosion of Conformity or eyehategod.

• Members

Pantera is probably my #1 or #2 all time fave band, but Down and SJR are great in limited quantities for me.

I'm sure a live show would be awesome tho. I almost paid $$ to see them open for Metallica$H last fall, but glad I didn't.
As soon as/if they hit the club scene and come in-state, I'm there.

• Members

I really was never into Anselmo, so I can't get into down. I enjoyed the overall attitude of Pantera, and plus I'm a Texan, so we especially dig on Dime and Vinny, etc. However, Anselmo was a douche, and I just don't know.

I just can't get into Down, and that's weird because I love Pantera, CoC, Crowbar, Eyehategod and Kingdom of Sorrow.

My hard rock drinkin' music of choice is more along the lines of Motorhead/Pantera than more modern sounding music. Lots of Clutch, too.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

+100

For some reason, phil to me was only good in the context of Pantera. And he always seemed out of place.

Archived