If you don't like the band Down, you have no mahbles.

Gary Cohn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Down {censored}ing rules! My favorite band by far.

Saw them open for Metallica last November and they killed. Everyone including Phil was at the top of their game.

Phil after herioin? top of his game? You sir must be on the same stuff as Phil. :lol:

• Members

Phil after herioin? top of his game? You sir must be on the same stuff as Phil.
:lol:

I have a bootleg show from when they were on tour for Down II and Phil was barley able to function. Slurred speech, singing off key, tons of rants, etc...

When I saw them, Phil hit every {censored}ing note with tons of energy. He had the audience in the palm of his hand the whole time. {censored}ing amazing.

Then again, I prefer Phil's current raspy/growly voice to the CFH era stuff.

• Members

Down II is their best disk :love::love::love::love::love:

Actually, Nola is their heaviest disk, but Down II has the most melodic, well written songs. Down II is the perfect album to listen to from beginning to end.

The songs have such a sharp contrast within then, that it greatly enhances certain parts of the song.

For instance, the song "There's something on my side" is such a nasty sounding song, but then right in the middle is the most beautiful melodic part.

Example:

[YOUTUBE]bzt52ZsoVy8[/YOUTUBE]

edit: Rex's bass sounds {censored}ing TASTY during the bridge. That is all.

• Members

Man...I {censored}ing LOVE Down's first disc, and Acid Bath is/was AMAZING.

Definitely two of my top 5 bands of all time.

did you get the demo cd that came out a while back? they didnt advertise it at all and hardly anyone even knows it came out but its awsome. best recordings they did, i dont know why they didnt just release that, it sounds better than the stuff they actually released

• Members

I've got the down demos recorded on a {censored}in tape tracker in a garage around here somewhere, losing all sounds bad ass on it. I believe mattacaster has the same demo, no?

NOLA will go down in history. II was one of my favorites too, so much soul in that cd. OTU was a cd that was catered to be played live. Period.

Down whips so much ass.

• Members

Also, I saw down on the 'evening with down tour' and phil looked 6 feet underon his feet. Couldn't open his eyes, clammy pale skin, couldn't talk, etc. Everytime he talked pepper looked embarassed.

Saw em on the last tour and phil had the energy and explosiveness of a vulgar display era phil.

• Members

Not sure if there is a person I hate more than Phil. Hate Phil and hate down. Never have even got all the way through the NOLA cd...I would rather throw it in the street than anything. Saw them last year and hated every {censored}ing second of it.
The wrong guy from Pantera got the bullet thats for sure.

• Members

I had to laugh at Phil when I saw him and he proceeded to bash himself in the forehead with the mic, then he had the balls to dedicate a song to Dimebag. What a piece of {censored}.

:facepalm:

YOU HAVE NO MAHBLES!

marbles4.jpg

:lol::cop:

• Members

Yikes...the same thing??? I don't think so!
Pantera is in the top 3 greatest metal bands ever. Down and SuperArmDope Ritual are more like in the top 500 somewhere.
Some Down is ok, but I don't like SJR one bit.

And Phil is the EVH of singers...aka - complete dip{censored}.
It's almost painful to watch the original CFH home vid., and then watch a recent interview with Phil. It's 2 totally different people.
And for the record, Phil (and his arm-smack) was the downfall of everything Pantera.

• Members

Not sure if there is a person I hate more than Phil. Hate Phil and hate down. Never have even got all the way through the NOLA cd...I would rather throw it in the street than anything. Saw them last year and hated every {censored}ing second of it.

The wrong guy from Pantera got the bullet thats for sure.

Look like you picked a great thread to post in:thu:

thanks for your input:wave:

• Members
Look like you picked a great thread to post in:thu:

thanks for your input:wave:

Well, the thread title had "If you don't like the band Down...", and I DON'T like the band Down, so I thought I would share!
Thanks for noticing! :wave:

• Members

I've got the down demos recorded on a {censored}in tape tracker in a garage around here somewhere, losing all sounds bad ass on it. I believe mattacaster has the same demo, no?

NOLA will go down in history. II was one of my favorites too, so much soul in that cd. OTU was a cd that was catered to be played live. Period.

Down whips so much ass.

I've got a couple live shows and the acoustic version of Stone The Crow. Care to share? :D

Archived