Worst guitarist in history??

Emerica167852

• Members

Sloppy, yes...I doubt if Hendrix knew about keys, either, but he was still a great player. Page has done some awesome acoustic work, lets not forget that.

he forgets all of those classic hooks page came up with on guitar

let alone the cover stuff

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

chill, im just saying there not good players, there sloppy live. i love both of there stuff. and hoestly tom is my favorite guitarist, blink is my favorite band.

The thing is that that doesn't matter. The music is made to convey a message. Technical proficiency may translate to skill but not talent. I would rather play like Page, Cobain and Delonge then a lot of these people who are considered great technical guitarists like Vai.

• Members

With something as subjective as art or music, you need to establish criteria for determining who is "best" and "worst". It is like deciding which color is best. If the criteria is technical ability, arguably Neil Young is not highly rated. However, I would rather listen to Neil Young songs all day over Yngvwe (sp?). Untimately, it is a matter of opinion and there is no answer, so that is why this thread fails.

• Members

solo at 3:50

that's not a compelling argument in the least. it's ONE song of hundreds. you might not LIKE his electric soloing in that song, but it's hardly representative of a 40 year career in music that's full of many many different band iterations and arrangements.. to boot it's a rock song about the destructiveness of rock & roll... should he blaze shred all throught it, or pull out his classical guitar and play some sort of cadenza? kinda doesn't fit the mood..

• Members

??? what you think??

I say either tom delonge or kurt cobain.

all though they are good songwriters and musicians and there some of my favorite , there not the best guitar players.

Somehow I knew without opening this thread that Cobain would make an appearance in the OP.

Anyway, I disagree. Cobain was a solid guitarist.

• Members
??? what you think??

all though they are good songwriters and musicians and there some of my favorite , there not the best guitar players.

I don't know, I'm pretty bad :idk:

• Members

Sloppy, yes...I doubt if Hendrix knew about keys, either, but he was still a great player. Page has done some awesome acoustic work, lets not forget that.

Hendrix at least SOUNDED good if he didnt know what key his was in (though I tend to think he did). Page was sloppy and would just play seemingly random notes during his extended solos. I saw a live thing of Zeppelin on VH1 once and it was so bad I thought it was a joke. It wasnt. I mean, I dont claim to be all that good of a palyer but this was so bad as to be either laughable or just downright PAINFUL to listen to, it was horrible. Did the guy come up with some legendary riffs? Sure. But he absolutely couldnt play for {censored}e.

• Members
He's a great musician, songwriter, and entertainer he's a poor electric guitar soloist. That is just my opinion. Why I'm I getting a rash of {censored} for my opinion when people listed Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page?
:wave:

Increasingly obvious troll is increasingly obvious.

• Members

??? what you think??

Dude just die, you're such an annoying idiot

• Members

Honestly I don't get the deal with Cobain... I mean I'm not really a Nirvana fan in the least but the dude could play his {censored}, and it wasn't just power chords. He's always the example of the "bad guitarist" but while he wasn't a shredder by a long shot I've never listened to a Nirvana song and thought, "damn, he sucks." :idk: Studio magic? Maybe he was a lot worse live?

Archived