Worst guitarist in history??

Emerica167852

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you have to go by a talent versus fame ratio... otherwise, obviously the worst guitarists are people who don't play guitar or have just started.

I think you're the worst guitarist in history.....

at getting bad tones.

(Yes, it's a compliment) :love:

• Members

??? what you think??

I say either tom delonge or kurt cobain.

all though they are good songwriters and musicians and there some of my favorite , there not the best guitar players.

Neither of them are "guitarists" in the pure sense. Next.

• Members

Henry Kaiser without a doubt (for those that don't know, he's that wackjob who plays in those Alexander Dumble videos).

*Waiting for pseudo intellectuals to tell me that his playing is beyond the comprehension of most people*

I can't imagine someone defending that {censored}.

• Members

Neil Young, also a great songwriter and musician, not a great guitar player.

not true-- he's got some cool and interesting voicings-- and acoustically, he's a very solid fingerpicker. he's not a FLASHY guitar player- but he's written some great tunes and played the {censored} out of them.

• Members

Henry Kaiser without a doubt (for those that don't know, he's that wackjob who plays in those Alexander Dumble videos).

*Waiting for pseudo intellectuals to tell me that his playing is beyond the comprehension of most people*

I'm not a pseudo intellectual that will tell you that BS. However he IS a competent player. He has played more than that "free form noise jazz", y'know.

That said, he is not approaching the best, but he is definitely not the worst.

• Members

When someone names a guitar player that has influenced thousands if not a million or more people to learn guitar as a horrible guitar player it says a lot about the person commenting.

It doesn't say anything nice if you aren't sure what I mean.

I never cared for Cobain or Blink182 but the talent is obvious. It's like the guy here who wrote the song about C. Ricci. He proved that the guitar on that type of song isn't as simple as it sounds if you don't have good rhythm.

chill, im just saying there not good players, there sloppy live. i love both of there stuff. and hoestly tom is my favorite guitarist, blink is my favorite band.

• Members
Jimmy Page. Yes I am completely serious, sloppiest player in history and had no idea what key hey was trying to play in half the time.

Sloppy, yes...I doubt if Hendrix knew about keys, either, but he was still a great player. Page has done some awesome acoustic work, lets not forget that.

Archived