Car guys - give me some advice

guitarbilly74

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

google it, there are at least 100 links

When it comes to something like that I don't trust some random dude's internet post or wiki entry. I want to see it direct from Ford's TSB.

• Members

My only point was you can find that info, look for it.

How are you repairing this engine without a manual?

Head tourqe sequence isn't the only thing you'll need,

intake manifold and some other things......

I have the factory service manual along with a Hayne's manual. However, as I'm sure you know, Ford revised the tightening sequence and the torque amount. That information, as my factory service manual is contemporary to the car, is not reflected in the book. The revisions came later, hence the need for the TSB and the fact that it's not reflected in the manual. As a former mechanic you should know this.

As far as actually working on the engine, this ain't my first rodeo by a long ways. I just like to be 100% about things like the torque specs, especially on an engine like the 3.8 where those gaskets are the Achilles heel.

Again, I fully understand how to operate the internet, but I don't trust copy/pastes or some anonymous dude's forum post. I used to work at a car dealership and so I know how simple it is for people in the service department to pull TSB's. Saetaro was kind enough to help me out and send me the pdf of the TSB. I don't understand why, when the information is available directly from the source, that you would rely on second hand internet information.

• Members

I took the 'stang out for the first time last night and it was fun. The car is driving really well. I will stay on top of it and hope for the best. Again, I know there are better cars out there but I think I did well for my nearly non-existent car budget and the fact I needed to get this resolved this weekend.

• Members

Glad you got a solid cheap ride. Congrats.

Sorry your thread got douched up by toolbags.

:wave:

it's cool. I don't understand much of the technical stuff that is being said, but it's a nice discussion anyway. It's cool that there are guys here who know so much about cars, that might come in handy in the future. ;) I have may put the car in a tow truck and head to Brea if I have a problem :lol: (just kidding Doug LOL)

• Members

If you drive a car someday you'll need a "toolbag's" help
:idea:

By toolbag I was referring to yours and others bickering like a ragging bitch back and forth.

BTW, with 10 years of experience as an ASE certified fleet diesel technician, and countless hours of working on and building cars since my early teens, I'm pretty confident in my abilities.

• Members

Call e'm up.
:cop:
:poke:
:idea::love:
:love:

Lol do you even have the slightest clue about Ford Racing. World fastest Ford SB 351C running 8.3 Secs in the 1/4 mile Non stroked all motor; And I know for a fact there are no GM motor's in the same displacement size running that in the 1/4 mile with out being stroked out or being a BB v8 or being N/A like this motor is. So once Again

F irst O n R ace D ay

F ine O rderly R acing D evice

• Members

{censored}ed Over Real Deal

Found On Road Dead

backwards,

Driver Returned On Foot

Fiat: Fix It Again Tony
:lol:

I do drive a Ford though.

I will admit though I am more into the old school Ford products like my 70' Cougar Xr-7 w/ 351W H Code motor bolted to a C6 auto to a Ford 9'' Rear End. But I really do think it is funny when all the die hard GM guys always bash on all Ford Mo Co products like they're garbage; And true story a co worker of mine bought a used Cadillac and it broke down the next day after he bought it, before that he had a late model Suburban and he had so many problems with that giant boat also. And where I live at I seen my neighbors towing a Camaro using another Camaro to tow the broken down one LMAO. That made me {censored}ing laugh so hard when I seen that with my own two eye's:lol: So for me it will either be Ford or Mopar for the rest of my life.

• Members

ToS, get your ass over here. Arguing with a Brit about American V8's. Funny stuff.
:thu:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2421057&page=5

I read through it for the most part and sometimes those idiot's over across the way think everything luxury is always better. Not realizing USA has been dominating EUROPE in every type of race you can think of, over on their turf :facepalm::lol: . My self I will take a good old American Muscle car over a Luxury overpriced Euro car any day and build it to the max where Lambo's Ferrari's , etc would be eating the dust of a good old American Class Car:thu:. I am not really a big GM fan but didn't the ZR-1 Vette completely Humiliate the European competition over at their own game? At least that is what I heard:lol:

• Members

Ford Explorers and F150's hold together well. Most of Fords troubles are in the small and mid sized cars.

....except for anything with the V-10. Ford bought me a new one in my Excursion - it spun the impeller off the oil pump shaft at 3 years and 80K miles. Naturally, this happened while I was on the road with wife and 4 kids in the truck, towing a 20-foot trailer. Driving along on cruise control on the interstate, and suddenly the oil pressure gauge drops to zero and every light on the dash comes on....then silence.

:facepalm:

Never again will I buy a tow vehicle with anything other than a diesel.

Archived