OT: New Cell, already on ATT

JBecker

• Members

It does. You never got stuck with "Mobile" versions of websites. It's always the fullblown version of the internet which is cool because the connection is plenty fast.

There for a while I could only view the "mobile" version, because Yahoo, Amazon, whatever saw I was using Safari lite. Luckily in the past year or so, most offending sites have added an option to view full site.

• Members

I can use both mobile versions and full versions on my current phone, and 9/10 I prefer the mobile versions on the small screen...

Tap zoom on landscape mode ftw. Most articles, message boards, and retail sites are sectioned off, and you just double tap on the section you want to view. After the first day it becomes second nature.

It's responsive enough that it's not annoying, and it's intuitive without being overbearing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Well my phone is now totally dead so I don't have the option for sitting around and waiting for the Blackberry 9700/Onyx to make a choice like I intended to. One last time, what's the best option right now? It doesn't sound like these new WindowsMo6.5 phones are anything to talk about, so is it really down to the Bold or 8gb 3Gs and is there anything else I need to know before making a choice?

What about battery life comparisons?

• Members

iPhones are great if you're into phones that break after you tap your pocket with your hand. Extremely great phones if you're looking to press one part of the screen and have another random part react. They're also great if you're into glitches and cross dressing.

Be a man, get a Blackberry.

I had an iPhone for 1 1/2 years since the day it came out.

I'd rather stab myself in the face than use one again.

• Members

iPhones are great if you're into phones that break after you tap your pocket with your hand. Extremely great phones if you're looking to press one part of the screen and have another random part react. They're also great if you're into glitches and cross dressing.

Be a man, get a Blackberry.

I had an iPhone for 1 1/2 years since the day it came out.

I'd rather stab myself in the face than use one again.

You sir, are a dumbass. I abuse the hell out of mine and it works great, all the time. I've dropped it, spilled stuff on it, and it works like a charm. The glass is also really really resilient. I put it in my pocket with keys, coins, etc and it doesn't have so much as a scratch on it.

• Members

You sir, are a dumbass. I abuse the hell out of mine and it works great, all the time. I've dropped it, spilled stuff on it, and it works like a charm. The glass is also really really resilient. I put it in my pocket with keys, coins, etc and it doesn't have so much as a scratch on it.

That's such bull{censored}.

I did the same thing and my screen was covered in scratches and I had my phone warranty replaced 4 {censored}in' times.

All of these issues happened every time.

Suck it.

• Members

I did the same thing and my screen was covered in scratches and I had my phone warranty replaced 4 {censored}in' times.

Suck it.

:facepalm:

I'll take a picture and post it on mapz later and then you can just :mexican:

• Members
My only gripe with the iphone is if you really hammer it for a couple of hours of going between a call, to a text, to mail, to internet to running a couple of apps and do that over and over for an hour is it gets slow until you let it sit and rest. I don't know why, it also gets hot.

The other gripe of no video camera doesn't bother me at all.

. My 3gs has video.

• Members

Suck it.

I call bull{censored}. There's videos on youtube of people TRYING to scratch the screen with a key. Literally gouging into it and nothing happens.

I had the first iphone for almost 2 years, and the now the 3gs. I won't give up my iphone until something better comes out...and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• Members

I call bull{censored}. There's videos on youtube of people TRYING to scratch the screen with a key. Literally gouging into it and nothing happens.

I had the first iphone for almost 2 years, and the now the 3gs. I won't give up my iphone until something better comes out...and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

In your view, what aspect of the 3GS is way ahead of the competition?

• Members

Well my phone is now totally dead so I don't have the option for sitting around and waiting for the Blackberry 9700/Onyx to make a choice like I intended to. One last time, what's the best option right now? It doesn't sound like these new WindowsMo6.5 phones are anything to talk about, so is it really down to the Bold or 8gb 3Gs and is there anything else I need to know before making a choice?

What about battery life comparisons?

I think the Bold is the same thing as the Tour, right?

I have the Tour on Sprint and it's the best BB and phone I've ever had. The phone quality is excellent and the speaker phone is very loud. Battery last about 2 and a half days with my average load of emailing, texting, web surfing, etc...

Great phone for sure. For the longest time I've done everything in my power to avoid getting a Blackberry (work pays for my phones) and I've hated every one that has come across my desk (I'm the Blackberry server admin here) but the Tour is pretty damn sweet. Much faster than the previous ones.

• Members

In your view, what aspect of the 3GS is way ahead of the competition?

I wouldn't say it's way ahead of the competition. Everything about it just feels right and makes sense to me. Every feature works how I expect it, and I couldn't list them all if I wanted to.

The one downside in my eyes? If you use it frequently....you will be charging the battery every night. A hard days use leaves me at about 10-20% left on the battery. Can you do better? Yep, I could get 2 days if I really wanted too.

Dont get me wrong, I like BlackBerry's too. The iPhone just works for what I want.

• Members
I dont have any issues with my iPhone for what I do.

Which is essentially having to check my email and be on the internet at any time or place.

I don't talk much on the phone so I can't comment on that too much.
:idk:

You can do that without an iphone and for much cheaper, by the way.

Archived