A rare event... a clip by MEEEE!

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Yeah, it's a bit rubbish. CLIP :o

Essentially I hadn't written anything for ages, so when I realised this I just made myself work on something small to get started again. It's not even really mixed at this point, but I figure I might as well just put it up now before I get lazy and never finish it. :o

Drums need finishing too. At the moment there's a lot of straight up cut 'n' paste going on. Tones were also very quickly whipped up. Maybe 5 minutes tweaking on the guitar sound.

Everything is Axe-FX, including the bass (which is currently mixed poorly :o). Guitars are all a cranked to {censored} (from memory) JCM800 through cabs that I can't recall. Only part that's not that JCM800 patch is the solo-ish bit right near the end, which is a Cornford patch. All the clean-ish bits are just the JCM800, same settings, just the guitar's vol pot rolled back.

Bass was the SVT and a 5150 running parallel. The bass sound also changes half way through it, coz I forgot to save the patch before I turned off the Axe after the first bass session. You probably won't hear it anyway coz the whole thing's mixed so poorly. :lol:

No FX from the Axe; all the reverb and delay stuff was done in Cubase.

Guitars were mostly the RG2127X. The middle clean-ish part was done with the Strat.

And again... it was very quick, it's not mixed properly, and as it was done quickly, I had little regard for tuning the instruments. :o It's also just a few ideas I quickly came up with, so those ideas really aren't at all developed. I had to stop myself from trying to draw the ideas out, or it'd end up like everything else I spend months working on. :facepalm:

Did I mention it's {censored}? :o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, and that solo I mentioned. Yeah, it's {censored} too. Improv'd, and as I've been out of bands and recording for so long, evidently I've lost my sense of timing. :lol:

The whole thing was pretty much improv'd really, which explains a lot. :o

The odd rhythm at the start, I still don't actually know how to play it. I left the drum map open on my 2nd monitor and just watched the cursor move across the kick drums. Whenever there was a kick, I'd play. :lol: The bit right after it was harder, coz I had to watch my hands and the monitor at the same time. :facepalm:

• Members
Dude that was really good!

PS: Allow me to point out that you could have done all that on the Standard and had money left over for three hookers and some blow!

Thanks man. :thu:

And what I forgot to mention is that I run a multiband compressor on the side in every patch I use. It's not actually connected to anything, and thus has no effect on the sound, but it does instantly make me about 56% cooler than you Standard wimps. :o

• Members
sounds good to me. Maybe a bit of fuzz, but good playing a good tones.

Yeah, the JCM800 is just cranked to {censored} at the master. I went for something pretty different to what I would normally play with, and it's kinda what started the ideas off so I stuck with it. When you crank it that hard though, it does get a bit of a fuzzy character to it. I sorta like it, but certainly not for everything. :idk:

• Members
Cool song
:thu:
I could imagine hearing that in the intro or credits of an action movie or first-person shooter. But...what's with all the self-deprecation?
:confused::)

Thanks. I'm sorta inclined to take it and turn it into a proper track, with the ideas fleshed out properly. A lot of missed opportunities in there, just for the sake of getting something actually finished. Depends how lazy I am I suppose. :o

As for the question... it's pretty {censored}. :o I'm the kinda person who'll sit there and do take after take to nail everything perfectly, spend hours on the drums making them exactly how I want them, etc. If I improv a solo and one note is slightly early, I'll go learn what I played so I can nail it properly. This clip on the other hand, is quite the opposite of that... and it all really {censored}s me when I listen to it. :o

• Members
sounds cool, i like the song... though i never got my jcm800 to sound like that :poke:

Thanks. :)

And yeah, the JCM800 was set to some pretty extreme and somewhat unlikely settings. I wasn't going for a classic JCM800 sound as such, it was just the amp I happened to be playing around with. The cabs also play a big part in the sound. In this case it was a V30 4x12 and some 2x12 cab.

• Members
Oh, and that solo I mentioned. Yeah, it's {censored} too. Improv'd, and as I've been out of bands and recording for so long, evidently I've lost my sense of timing.
:lol:

The whole thing was pretty much improv'd really, which explains a lot.
:o

The odd rhythm at the start, I still don't actually know how to play it. I left the drum map open on my 2nd monitor and just watched the cursor move across the kick drums. Whenever there was a kick, I'd play.
The bit right after it was harder, coz I had to watch my hands and the monitor at the same time.
:facepalm:

Man, you have GOT to work on your sales pitch! :eek::cop: :poke:

Srsly, dood, some peoples' finished products don't sound as good as your "rough, scratch, improv ideas".... :o

Archived