A rare event... a clip by MEEEE!

DeadNight Warrior

• Members
not sure where the suck is. i kept looking, but all i found was competently recorded and pretty interesting rock riffage.

WTF
:rolleyes:
i come looking for some jacked up clip, and you give me THIS?

seriously though-- sounds awesome and nice playing!

:lol: Thanks man.

The suck is definitely there by my standards. That whole thing about being your own worst critic... yeah, I take that to a ridiculous level. :o

For anyone curious, the drums were S2.0 (plus two Superior cymbals), all processed within the plugin. The bass was an Ibanez BTB405, played with very poor fingerstyle technique. :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Man, you have GOT to work on your sales pitch!
:eek::cop:
:poke:

:lol:

Srsly, dood, some peoples' finished products
don't sound as good as your "rough, scratch, improv ideas"....
:o

:lol: If I ever got to a point where I was going to sell my music, I'm pretty sure I'd have someone else take care of any selling aspect, and setting up websites 'n' such. I know for a fact I'd do a woeful job of it.

I'm listening to the stuff on your Myspace now though... what I'm hearing is pretty damn sweet. Nice 'n' chilled music. Only on the first track, so warn me if as I go through the tracks you'll jump suddenly from laid back to face blasting death metal or something. :o

To be fair, I've got it pretty easy. The drums were an S2.0 preset I've worked on over time for ages, so that took no work. And the Axe straight in for guitar and bass. No mics anywhere. Pretty hard to {censored} up really. :o

• Members

Do you mean finish doing the drums and mixing, or work on expanding the ideas and turning it into a proper full length song? I can see the former happening, but the latter... I may be too much of a lazy bastard for that.

Finish the song man, it sounds good.

• Members

Do you mean finish doing the drums and mixing, or work on expanding the ideas and turning it into a proper full length song? I can see the former happening, but the latter... I may be too much of a lazy bastard for that.

I think you should make it a full song with vox and all.

• Members
Well, I thought that was {censored}ing awesome.
:rawk:

If you think that mix sucks I invite you listen to my noob-tastic clips

Thanks. :lol:

Got a link to your clips? :confused:

Ok, maybe the mix doesn't flat out suck, but I didn't really do anything to mix it. The drums I tweaked the EQ on the snare and kick slightly from my normal kit preset. Guitars I didn't touch except for the bit near the start where I took some mids out for the lead to fit in better. I added some reverb and delay quickly in a set and forget, rough kind of way. I don't think any of the levels are automated or anything. This is all very rough work for me, and it's quite hard for me to deal with. :o

Really what it comes down to is, I had my S2.0 set up pretty thoroughly to start with from previous recordings, and the sound from the Axe pretty much didn't need to be touched. So a big thanks to two of my favourite musical companies for compensating for my uselessness: Toontrack and Fractal Audio! :love::lol:

• Members
:lol:
If I ever got to a point where I was going to sell my music, I'm pretty sure I'd have someone else take care of any selling aspect, and setting up websites 'n' such. I know for a fact I'd do a woeful job of it.

Lol, I 'uz mostly just joshin' ya about the whole "my stuff sux" thang... :cop:

I'm listening to the stuff on your Myspace now though... what I'm hearing is pretty damn sweet. Nice 'n' chilled music. Only on the first track, so warn me if as I go through the tracks you'll jump suddenly from laid back to face blasting death metal or something.

No face blasting death metal that I can *remember* .... :lol:

Thanks for checking out my stuff. I'm hoping that eventually, if I can get the raw performances up to snuff, I can take the tracks into a studio & have everything professionally mixed & produced. "Nice 'n' chilled" ... I dig that! :thu:

To be fair, I've got it pretty easy. The drums were an S2.0 preset I've worked on over time for ages, so that took no work. And the Axe straight in for guitar and bass. No mics anywhere. Pretty hard to {censored} up really.

Don't you start making me question my devotion to mapz!!! :mad::cop: I've currently got a clip thread of my own going, as I'm struggling to get a decent mic placement for recording my new cab.... :facepalm:

:D

• Members
Oh

Yeah, I would like to turn it into a full song I guess. I suppose I'd better start trying to remember the other ideas I had.
:facepalm:

I look at these kinds of things as "demos". It's a demonstration of the song and your other abilities (playing/recording/etc.) not a final destination.

I would put this one "in the can" and move on to your next awesome "demo". You can pull them back out any time...especially if you get in a "real" recording situation. Otherwise....take advantage of a creative streak. You could tweak and tweak and tweak and you'll still only have ONE song.

MAKE SONGS!

• Members
That was great, I would download it and listen to it.

Nice toanz too- nice big midz. It was cool, you should definitely keep working on it and developing it.
:thu:

I'm all about the mids! :love: I tried that solo part with the JCM800 patch, but after a few takes realised what it really needed was some Cornford. After hours of JCM800, as soon as I fired up the Cornford patch the mids just blew my balls off. :love: Might make the Cornford a bit brighter in future though. :idk:

Thanks. :)

• Members
I look at these kinds of things as "demos". It's a demonstration of the song and your other abilities (playing/recording/etc.) not a final destination.

I would put this one "in the can" and move on to your next awesome "demo". You can pull them back out any time...especially if you get in a "real" recording situation. Otherwise....take advantage of a creative streak. You could tweak and tweak and tweak and you'll still only have ONE song.

MAKE SONGS!

Yeah, this was sorta what I was thinking. While I did have ideas on how to develop this one more, I figure I might be better to move on and keep trying to work on other things. Maybe if I come up with a bunch of other short and quick tracks like this, I'll be able to turn each of 'em into a proper song and release a CD or something. :idk: But at least for now, the main ideas for this one are down, and I can revisit it later if I want.

Archived