jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good morning dudes. tel me more about the logo? is it the SIZE of the logo, or the shape, or the 333 which are objectionable? not saying I would change it, but, we are working on some other stuff so I'd like to get some input on our current logo. please and thanks. D.

Honestly i think it looks absolutely fine. You guys did a nice job, and frankly i didnt buy one for the looks.

I think the 333 should stand out as it really kind of seems like your company is focusing on each amp as kind of being a work of art in itself not necessarily connected to the other amps. Like. It doesnt look like you are going the whole, entry level, mid level, high level thing. Its more like , what tool do you need.

Plus almost everyone does the whole insert name here in big letters logo sort of thing. i think thats kinda played out, but everyone seems so scared of different.

~mike~

• Members

I called MF and got an extra 20% off by telling them of the Music 123 code. The head has shipped and I got it for $240!

As for the logo. I just find it too big, and the retroish/clip art design seems to clash with the look and color of the head. The logo looks to me like something danelectro would come up with. I have a graphic design background, but I will admit that I am extremely anal about stuff like that.

I am splitting hairs though. What I really care about is how the amp sounds and I will find out next week!.

• Members

Yeah It does seem a bit much. It will come of easily as it's held on with two smallish phillips head screws. It doesn't look too bad though. It is actually a sexy little amp head.with pretty good tone to boot. I'm still looking for that sweet spot but I think with the right boost it'll sing like a canary.

Though I never buy equipment as an investment. I'd be willing to bet these amp heads will increase in value a bit.

As for your HT-5: It is actually a better amp in many ways and the Full stack has gone through the roof cost-wise. They were $500.00 last year. Now theyr'e $like 800!!

I saw that. I bought both the HT-5 stack and the Blackheart Little Giant when they came out, and both went up in price later on. I was quite shocked to see the mini stack go up $300.

• Members

You know what would be a cool idea? An amp line offering different name plates and accessories so that you can customize the look of your amp to suit your tastes.

Those plastic name plates are not very expensive. Offer three or four versions that the customer can order separately.

Jet City guy, you can be the first to do it. If you do, I get a free amp for the idea. :thu:

• Members

can this thing do high gain metal tones?

From what I have seen and heard, no. But the local GC doesn't have any of these, yet, so I haven't been able to it out for myself. I'm waiting on the JCA100H, anyway. That's the head that has the SLO overdrive circuit. That's what you want if you're into high-gain metal toanz.

• Members
Personally, I think the logo is a bit big and "shouty." I mean, the amp company is Jet City, not 333. I would do something like the Soldano badging, using the same font, placement and sizing, but just change it to say "Jet City"

:idk:

This. When I get the 100 watter, I was planning on either removing the logo or replacing it with a Soldano logo.

• Members

On its own with hot pickups you can do 70's and 80's metal. You would need a boost to get anywere near modern high gain, though.

How's the sustain? The tone in my head all the time is pretty much Ratt - can it nail that pretty well?

• Members

I called MF and got an extra 20% off by telling them of the Music 123 code. The head has shipped and I got it for $240!

wait... what?

I know that Music123 has some promotional codes right now to get 15% off of any order over $300, but how'd you get 20% off of an order?

• Members

Tried one out today. It was a neat amp, but I'd definitely want a boost of some kind in front of it - it has enough gain, but I want a little more bite & sustain. No loop is a loser for me too, so I guess I'll wait for the big brother to come out.

Archived