Guitar hero screwed up the guitarindustry!

perlinusolsson

• Members

sadly, since guitarhero was released all amps available at my local store is spiders and the usual 5150 and maybe a JVM..

all the focus seems to be on "entry level guitarplayers" and i havent been able to mess around with an amp worth {censored} since the alchemist and the HT-5 (talking nwe models)

• Members
sadly, since guitarhero was released all amps available at my local store is spiders and the usual 5150 and maybe a JVM..

all the focus seems to be on "entry level guitarplayers" and i havent been able to mess around with an amp worth {censored} since the alchemist and the HT-5 (talking nwe models)

What are you so angry about? You got Elin back!

elin-nordegren+tiger++woods+wife+picture

• Members

I think overall the whole rockband guitar hero stuff is good for real music making, but I also agree that there's now an overload of utter crap in the local used gear store (we have Music Go Round) -- lots of little practice amps and low end strat copies.

• Members

Overall I think it will have a good effect, as a percentage of those who start out on crap find they actually have some talent, so there will be a larger demand for the good stuff again. how long this will take is anyone's guess.

When I first saw it I thought "cool" til it I realized it was just a high tech version of the old game simon....

• Members

I think it has inspired alot of kids to think about picking up a guitar. I think it is great personally.

This.

More demand for entry-level rigs = more entry-level guitarists. I tried to hate Guitar Hero when it first came out, then I started seeing all these 12 year-old kids running around in Iron Maiden t-shirts & buying real guitars as well and realized it's not the Devil after all!

• Members

This.

More demand for entry-level rigs = more entry-level guitarists. I tried to hate Guitar Hero when it first came out, then I started seeing all these 12 year-old kids running around in Iron Maiden t-shirts & buying real guitars as well and realized it's not the Devil after all!

Or maybe it's the devil getting the kids to play Satan's music. :cop:

churchlady.jpg

• Members

I have yet to find a good music store around here, period. Well, I should say, there is a good one, but only really for guitars, practically zero amps in the store at all except for some Rolands (which actually aren't bad). Plus, you have to ask before playing anything, which makes it a PITA if you want to check a lot of stuff out :mad:

Also like everything else in Japan it's way overpriced. I need to find me a good used music store or something so I can get a cheap power amp and cab :cry:

Archived