what is your boost pedal?

mike-o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It beats having your {censored} all banged up...
:thu:

Yeah, the SKB works pretty good for that, I just take the head out and put it on the cab when I set up, but I'm looking to get a new 4x12 and road case after I get everything caught back up, and a road case for the head like that would match the whole rig up perfectly!

• Members

Yeah, the SKB works pretty good for that, I just take the head out and put it on the cab when I set up, but I'm looking to get a new 4x12 and road case after I get everything caught back up, and a road case for the head like that would match the whole rig up perfectly!

Well I can cut you a killer deal... :thu:

• Members

depends on my needs...

FD2, Digitech CM-2, Bad Monkey, Barber Small Fry, Box or Rock (great clean boost), sometimes a modded Rat on low gain settings. Lately have been using the screamer and tubedriver settings on my M9. Live they sound great if you use lower gain and boost the output volume...

• Members

I've got both an AC and an RC for sale if you're interested...

To the OP... The SD-1 is a great way to get into modding pedals. It's a great pedal to mod. I've got a couple of them around that I've done various things to. One's a basic TS mod with some clarity mods and a better op-amp and the other one is my kitchen sink treatment which has little toggle switches and stuff to make it do different things. I used to use one to boost my JMP before I got it modded but now I really don't need a boost.

Try a Monte Allums kit first and then start experimenting and learning about what does what in the circuit so you can tweak them yourself.

Have you compared the BB and AC? Which do you feel is better for a lead boost?

• Members

Have you compared the BB and AC? Which do you feel is better for a lead boost?

They're similar but the BB has more gain. Id just depends on which amp you're using them with. If your amp has a fair bit of gain already and you just want some saturation and overtones/harmonics I'd say the AC is fine. I had a BB but it sold already as it was totally unnecessary for either of the amps I have.

I'm using a Keeley Katana these days. I like it a hair more than the Xotic stuff but it's more expensive as well.

• Members

I have a Barber Direct Drive that's more of a clean boost. I really love the way my amp sounds un-boosted for metal tones. It doesn't really like my Chimera channel. I need to turn off my Decimator because it's pretty buzzy and then it disappears once the note is done being played. I should mod the thing.

• Members

I very rarely do I need a boost, but when I do lately its been this. Sounds more like an overdrive than a distortion pedal to me. And it was only 30$!

mxr-dunlop_m-86_001.jpg

Or my trusty old Jackhammer. I just barely turn the gain/volume up on it.

jackhammer.jpg

Or if the occasion calls for it, I love to put one of these through the effects loop on my Marshall.

BigM108EQ.jpg

Archived